Sponsored

What tires is everyone using?

DSW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 6MT PP
No issues running Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+, granted Maryland had a milder season this past winter.
Sponsored

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
BFG g-force Comp-2 A/S square set up. working better than my oem pirelli a/s works great on dry and in heavy rain and seems to stick better to the street. got good price and discount on them with road hazard warranty. I also like them being beefier and gives more rim lip protection, but I may be the few who like that sidewall look.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I had those on the Fusion and they were better than the Goodyears that came on it.

BFG g-force Comp-2 A/S square set up. working better than my oem pirelli a/s works great on dry and in heavy rain and seems to stick better to the street. got good price and discount on them with road hazard warranty. I also like them being beefier and gives more rim lip protection, but I may be the few who like that sidewall look.

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Took a step down and swapped out the stock PP1 Summer-only Michelins for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+ today. Got tired of sliding around on the hockey pucks on chilly mornings.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I'm sure you will like them.

Took a step down and swapped out the stock PP1 Summer-only Michelins for the Michelin Pilot Sport All Season 3+ today. Got tired of sliding around on the hockey pucks on chilly mornings.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
sumitomo HTR ZIII

very underrated tire. excellent for the money and outperforms tires i've had that are twice as expensive. had the HTR ZII (older version) on my 2012 GT and i actually cut the best 60ft times with those vs all the other street tires i tried...when they were almost bald too

cahouston

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
OP, my preference would be Michelin P4S first. Didn't have any my size and a I needed a tire that would hook good but still drive-able in the rain. I went with the Mickey Thompson Street Comps......not to be confused with the Street ET. I have no complaints so far.
How well have you found the street comps to hook on the street or drag strip? I have stock 19x8.5 wheels and the 255 Pirellis on the back are useless in drag mode. Looking at the MT Street Comps, MPS4S, or possibly the new Nitto DRs if the 275/40/19s will fit the 19x8.5 wheel as I heard Nittos run a bit small.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I've thought about trying Yokohamas on the Mustang. I've run a lot of sets on my Hondas. They wear very well and seem to have decent handling. Of course on a 400+ hp car who knows, right?

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I just got Continental ECS 2 months ago. I couldn't be happier. It is unreal how much better they are than the Nitto 555G2's I hd the last 3 years. I can actually hit the gas now from a dig and Stick! These inspire confidence and I highly recommend

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Firestone FIREHAWK INDY 500. Excellent all round tire. Very good dry/wet traction, doesn't push through corners, braking is phenomenal, hardly noticed any wear over a couple thousand miles, price point is very good. Better than TOYO and way better than anything NITTO.

Sponsored

Sjotime92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT
I just switched from 275/40 BFG g force sport comp 2, to 295/35 PS4S and my god is it night and day, PS4S has so much more grip it’s crazy.

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
No issues running Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+, granted Maryland had a milder season this past winter.
Is there good lip protection for the rim with these Michelin’s?

fbilly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium - Silver
Is there good lip protection for the rim on the AS3+?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Is there good lip protection for the rim on the AS3+?
Define "good." There is probably 1/4" of rubber before you start hitting metal. But the reality is... if you start heading for a curb with any force at all, the rubber is going to give way and you're going to be the proud owner of some fresh curb rash.

BLUE DEVIL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Prem - Perf Pack
What kinda temps. Were these chilly mornings and we're they sunny or overcast?

The worst feeling in the world is getting on it while merging onto a highway during a chilly morning when you forget your on summer tires!!! Ask me how I know! Effen Pirelli Puck Zeros!
Sponsored