Sponsored

what lug nuts are you using?

DFB5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback
I swapped out my OE lugs for Gorilla's earlier this year, for both looks and practical reasons.

IMG_5076.jpg

IMG_5093.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_5096.jpg

IMG_5098.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

mooosestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I ended up ordering these from amazon because of the reviews and they were the diameter i wanted(about 22mm worth of tapered seat). These are for a jeep and have the same amount of taper as the wheels. Gorilla doesn't show the diameter and i didn't want ones the same size as stock even though they do fit these wheels. I probably could have ordered gorilla nuts:blush: for a jeep and got the size i wanted, but wasn't sure. I also ordered some hubcentric rings and i'll post some photos of these new ones vs the tuner ones since i'll have to take the nuts off again. For $20 these nuts are very nice. Please note i don't have a 6g, i have a 5g hence the 1/2-20 nuts https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09BK3M15Y?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details The tuner ones probably would be fine, i just didn't like how unnecessarily small they were.

Last edited:

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I don't get why these don't engage fully the taper. everyone said i needed aftermarket lug nuts, but this doesn't look safe to me. These are the $20 set from AM. My factory lug nut from my 06 bullitts actually fits, what gives?

shelbylugs.jpg
yikes!.jpg
shelbylugs1.jpg
Gorilla black. Expensive but worth it.

BULLITT K5104

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kurt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt 2017 Tacoma 2020 RAV4 XSE
Ford Performance Lug Nut Kit OE-Style Black Mustang 2015-2022

Ford Performance:
M-1012K-MB

IMG_1113.JPG

StangersInTheNight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
On my GT350R, the OEM 2-piece nuts are junk. I bought black 1-piece Gorillas 61148BCX, and I think they look better with the CF wheels than the chrome OEM.

When I changed to black Apex wheels, the Gorillas would no longer fit because the Apex wheel hubs are thinner than the CF. I switched to the FPP open lugs (https://www.cjponyparts.com/ford-performance-lug-nut-open-ended-set-mustang-2015-2022/p/M1012N/) because the long length of the studs, especially the fronts, won't work with anything else. The FPP maintain the high 60* shoulder like OEM.

IMG_2712_L.jpg

Sponsored

Racer5973

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
I don't get why these don't engage fully the taper. everyone said i needed aftermarket lug nuts, but this doesn't look safe to me. These are the $20 set from AM. My factory lug nut from my 06 bullitts actually fits, what gives?

shelbylugs.jpg
yikes!.jpg
shelbylugs1.jpg
I would use the factories if they fit and you like them.

mustang_puppy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
2015 black Ecoboost fastback
Also recently swapped out factory lug nuts for Gorilla brand OEM style in black. Had originally swapped out factory chrome for Ford Performance black.

OP
OP

mooosestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I would use the factories if they fit and you like them.
They fit, but i wouldn't say i like them. one of mine the cap popped off so now it's open ended. here are the new black ones vs the small diameter tuner black ones and vs stock. As you can see the tuner/splined nuts have very little contact with the wheel. Is this a problem, idk, but it doesn't seem safe to me. I also got some mcgard locks. These fit just right.

lugs3.jpg

lugs2.jpg

lugs1.jpg
Sponsored