Sponsored

Stock GT tires life...what's everyone getting?

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I got 5k out of the rears ;)
Sponsored

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I got 15K miles of Pirelli P-Zeros that came with PP. Front looked fine but the rear was bald in about 9 months of driving.
Replaced all four with Michelins, let's see how long these last.

Salt Ninja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2015 Mustang GT Premium with 50 Years Pkg
So what is the complaint with the stock Pirellis for normal driving (not tracked)? Not sticky, premature wear, poor ride quality, looks.....???

M3Convert

American Muscle Noob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue GT Premium
I got 15K miles of Pirelli P-Zeros that came with PP. Front looked fine but the rear was bald in about 9 months of driving.
Replaced all four with Michelins, let's see how long these last.
I am trying Nitto 555's. So far after another 10K, they are wearing well and I much prefer the feel. I also found my TPMS was reading ~2psi higher than the valve pressure (Longacre Racing Gauge), so I run at 34 on the TPMS system, which is obviously going to change the feel too.

scoggy_doogan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
So what is the complaint with the stock Pirellis for normal driving (not tracked)? Not sticky, premature wear, poor ride quality, looks.....???
I had the all-season Pirellis and they had zero traction in light snow and temps under 25. Premature wear since I only got 21k out of a tire with a 40k warranty. They rode smooth, so at least they had that going for them. Switched to Continental DWS06 and had more traction in a light dusting than I did with the Pirellis on a sunny 50 degree day.

I read somewhere that Ford was getting the tires for something like $50 a tire, so it was a pure cost decision as to why they were used.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
10k on the rears. Changed out with a BF Goodrich Comp 2A's which really helped her wet weather traction but I hate the sidewall design.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I feel like the P-Zero were OK.. little noisy on the highway, but I think the biggest complaint is the premature wear.
Did you know that the first P-Zeros were designed for Ferrari F-40? back in 1987??
P-Zeros are good, but it's 2016.. Competition has better tires at similar prices.

OP
OP

5.0GPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
have you been rotating the tires every 6k?
Yea. rotated with every oil change by the dealer at 6k. Have an appt tomorrow to put 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on it though. Heard good things, so interested to see how much better than the pzeros they are.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Yea. rotated with every oil change by the dealer at 6k. Have an appt tomorrow to put 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+ on it though. Heard good things, so interested to see how much better than the pzeros they are.
Very interested to hear about these. They were my first choice, but I ended up going with the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S, which have similar (though not as good) performance, but for significantly less (compliments of of the unattractive sidewall).

Bbrillon998

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 (Ruby Red)
I got about 14.5K out of the stock 18" P zero all seasons. One cross country trip from Florida to Colorado with snow (1-2" of slush highway snow on the ground) thank goodness the tires were still just a month old, 2 autocross events, 24 laps at High plains raceway in Colorado, 7 drag racing events at Bandimere Speeday and now they are off the car with just above 3/32nd of tread left. They got supper noisy once they reached 5/32nds of tread. So i guess i got some good use out of them:lol:

Sponsored

Viper92702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP GT
Got 19k out of the PP Pirelli's only because the right rear was worn down way faster than the left
I thought I might be the only one. I'm at 12,500 miles and my right rear is at 0/32's while my left is at about 3/32's. Funny thing is, I have yet to do a burnout and have launched the car a whopping 3 times. What did you end up replacing them with?

OP
OP

5.0GPA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I thought I might be the only one. I'm at 12,500 miles and my right rear is at 0/32's while my left is at about 3/32's. Funny thing is, I have yet to do a burnout and have launched the car a whopping 3 times. What did you end up replacing them with?
Just put on 4 Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+'s today. Completely different feel than the stock pzeros. Much better grip and ride feel. My tire guy said pzeros are pretty terrible after about 5k bc the rubber tends to harden and lose grip, ride quality and also tend to become noisy and drone a bit. Only have a 20min ride on them home today, but was impressed with the feel of the Michelins.

swat 79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I got the BF Goodrich G-Force Comp 2 A/S installed today... night and day difference! I drove the shit out of my car in mid 40 degree temperatures (in NJ for Christmas).

Much more confidence and grip, and was able to push the car harder then the pirelli's in warm weather. I would definitely recommend these as a poor man's alternative to the Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+

watchdog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt pp premium
Of the 4 OEM sets I have had, they were a great summer tire until after 5k then they just get greasy IMO. They are also the worse Summer tire in temperatures below 40f and for tire hop.

Oh, I did get 22k out of one set that I rotated but they looked like slicks when they came off.
Sponsored