2016 GT/PP
OP what is your budget and wheel sizes?
Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Do you guys consider tire weight at all when choosing tires?

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Continental DWS06 in colder weather. I have Indy 500s coming this week to go on new Shelby CS11 wheels.
how are you likin those DWS06’s? I was thinking about them but read they have poor grip in dry conditions compared to a Michelin and Pirelli

zxd9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
how are you likin those DWS06’s? I was thinking about them but read they have poor grip in dry conditions compared to a Michelin and Pirelli
I think the DWS06's are pretty good tires. Can't compare to Michelin. I do spirited but not 10/10th's driving. They've been fine for me. Wet grip has been awesome. Drove 9 hours in pouring rain and not one issue. Hit good sized puddles and it plowed right thru nice and straight.

Sponsored

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
I think the DWS06's are pretty good tires. Can't compare to Michelin. I do spirited but not 10/10th's driving. They've been fine for me. Wet grip has been awesome. Drove 9 hours in pouring rain and not one issue. Hit good sized puddles and it plowed right thru nice and straight.
Thanks for the reply- yeah I heard the performance in bad conditions is great, just sacrifices some dry conditions performance. I’m like you I don’t do 10/10ths. Are they better than the pzero’s in the dry summer time?

Monopoly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
Do you guys consider tire weight at all when choosing tires?
No. Weight more relevant to Rims not the tire itself. Can't see much weight being saved between different tire manufactures. I could be wrong.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
No. Weight more relevant to Rims not the tire itself. Can't see much weight being saved between different tire manufactures. I could be wrong.
Yeah that’s what I was wondering, tire weight doesn’t affect rotational mass the way rims do? Continentals can save about 3 pounds per tire. They seem to vary about 1-4 pounds between manufacturers so if it anything like rims I would think that would make a difference

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
I have Michelin Pilot Sport AS3+ on all 4 corners. No complaints. One thing, for strictly street driving is there a good alternative for the rear? A good grippy A/S but cheaper. They rears wear out quicker than the fronts for some reason... lol.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I would say they are similar to the Michelin A/S 3+, with the Michelin slightly winning in warm/hot weather and the Continental winning in cold weather. Both are better than any all season Pirelli I've experienced.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
OP, my preference would be Michelin P4S first. Didn't have any my size and a I needed a tire that would hook good but still drive-able in the rain. I went with the Mickey Thompson Street Comps......not to be confused with the Street ET. I have no complaints so far.

Htk084

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be stang
Thanks that’s actually really helpful. I was wondering if these are a good all season upgrade from the Nero’s

I would say they are similar to the Michelin A/S 3+, with the Michelin slightly winning in warm/hot weather and the Continental winning in cold weather. Both are better than any all season Pirelli I've experienced.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
You are welcome. I had all three on the VW Golf. I currently have the Continental DW06 on the VW and the Michelin A/S 3+ on the WRX and they both are handling the Colorado weather quiet well.

Thanks that’s actually really helpful. I was wondering if these are a good all season upgrade from the Nero’s

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
pirelli p7 all season plus lol, grand touring tire. I took off the p zero Nero all seasons.
Sponsored