Sponsored

what lug nuts are you using?

mooosestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
I don't get why these don't engage fully the taper. everyone said i needed aftermarket lug nuts, but this doesn't look safe to me. These are the $20 set from AM. My factory lug nut from my 06 bullitts actually fits, what gives?

shelbylugs.jpg
yikes!.jpg
shelbylugs1.jpg
Sponsored

Bridgie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT fastback. PP, 50th trim, Black

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Gorilla small diameter for my SVE wheels (came with the wheel package from LMR) and Gorilla oem-sized for my OEM wheels with snow tires.

Superleggera

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1
Maybe i'm over thinking it. Can you see the taper on your wheels with them installed?
Did you buy the correct set? They do specify a difference between pre-6gen and 2015 - 2022 mustangs.

They've got a smaller profile than the OEM lugs obviously but the contact with the stud is the same.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can chip in

Sponsored

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
Did you buy the correct set? They do specify a difference between pre-6gen and 2015 - 2022 mustangs.

They've got a smaller profile than the OEM lugs obviously but the contact with the stud is the same.

I believe the threads are different on the 14 and older than the 15 up

OP
OP

mooosestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt

I got the correct ones for a 06. i didn't realize the 2015+ have a larger stud, so yours probably have a slightly larger seat. Very confusing all these aftermarket wheels say aftermarket lug nuts required, but in fact they aren't for anything below 2015 and the aftermarket ones don't have as much contact with the taper which isn't a great idea imo.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you haven't already, I'd reach out to the rim maker, explain yourself and ask for a recommendation. Gorilla Nuts alone has nine pages of differing types and gets very specific with respect to length, taper, etc. I'm sure there's something out there. Insight from the manufacturer could remove a lot of frustration.

I'm using Gorillas. The SVE rims shipped with a set. Instructions specifically mentioned to set the stock lugs aside and not use them. LMR advised to tighten the lugs to 150 lb-ft. / 203 nm.

Last edited:
OP
OP

mooosestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 mustang gt
If you haven't already, I'd reach out to the rim maker, explain yourself and ask for a recommendation. Gorilla Nuts alone has nine pages of differing types and gets very specific with respect to length, taper, etc. I'm sure there's something out there. Insight from the manufacturer could remove a lot of frustration.

I'm using Gorillas. The SVE rims shipped with a set. Instructions specifically mentioned to set the stock lugs aside and not use them. LMR advised to tighten the lugs to 150 lb-ft. / 203 nm.
I've tried contacting shelby wheels through private message and email. I'd call, but this is easier to explain in text and with pictures. frustrating!