Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
31 people that are misinformed like you. And I wouldn't trust anyone in your county government to know how to properly inflate their tires...I definitely don't trust them to classify your car correctly. But they aren't far off. I would call a Mustang a sports coupe which is different from a sports car (like a 370z, Corvette, Cayman, F-Type). There is no way you can say the Mustang is in the same class with those cars.

But yes you are right its whatever people want to call it. Doesn't mean it's right.
Argument could go to Same way saying you're misinformed

Why the f are we arguing over something this stupid. It's a mustang. The end. This thread is no different then the thread where people were naming their cars vs people who don't . Same argument..still a mustang.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

grantourer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
It was intended to be a discussion about which class or classification we feel fits our cars best. These are discussion forums are they not? The fact that people become upset over such things just shows their level of maturity. Its okay to talk about opinions too, not just facts.

Your opinion can differ from mine and that is okay. Well at least it should be. Too many little keyboard Hitlers out there who think their way is the only way.

drbrian722

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Interesting thread... reminds me of many musical classification discussions I've had. I'm not sure where I sit on this, but I have to say, $85 grand for that Merc!!! And for those of you in the know, what is the $290 option "Comfort Box"?

HalfMoon

Brand Agnostic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Corvette Z06/Z07 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Mine is not a sports car compared to my real sports car. I have to say it's generally a pony car since that class was invented by the Mustang and this model is trying to live up to that car's reputation with today's materials and technology.

Really though, mine is a Commuter Car, but it wasn't in the poll.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Interesting thread... reminds me of many musical classification discussions I've had. I'm not sure where I sit on this, but I have to say, $85 grand for that Merc!!! And for those of you in the know, what is the $290 option "Comfort Box"?
It's an overpriced partition thing that goes in the trunk.

Sponsored

c3po

CNCforlife
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Fusion- company car
Let's just all agree to call it what it really is...a sex toy!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Are you guys really arguing that people's OPINIONS are incorrect to your own beliefs?

That's why they're OPINIONS. Can't believe some of the responses in this thread.
Some people have debated with me that their GTIs are sports cars. I'll argue that shit into the ground. There's always room for civil discussion. I'm all ears if someone can change my opinion with something to back theirs up.

Sponsored

dreicher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 bullitt 2015 GT PP Oxford White
The original definition of a muscle car in the 60's was an intermediate size car (Chevelle, Fairlane, Coronet) with a big V8. The original pony cars were based on he small car chassis (Chevy II, Falcon, Dart) with smaller V8 engines and some attempt at improved handling and braking. On this basis the current Mustang is more of a pony car than a muscle car. A true GT should have comfortable setting for four adults and a true sports car can not accommodate four adults.

2015 drof

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT w/PP
Mustang GT w/PP IMO does qualify as a "Sports Car". Is an M3 a sports car? I think yes. M3 has 2 doors and 4 seats.

OP
OP

grantourer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
by definition the GT is a two door coupe in either a two seat or a 2+2 configuration.

OP
OP

grantourer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
When i think of a sports car i think of a car that is built with only performance in mind first, then they try to make it acceptable to be driven day to day. They are low, don't have much cargo room, two seats exclusively. Corvette, FRS, 370z immedately come to mind. The Mustang is a bit hefty in my mind to be classified as a sports car. Keep in mind, i bought one! I don't see it as a sports car, but that in no way takes away from how awesome I think it is.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
When i think of a sports car i think of a car that is built with only performance in mind first, then they try to make it acceptable to be driven day to day. They are low, don't have much cargo room, two seats exclusively. Corvette, FRS, 370z immedately come to mind. The Mustang is a bit hefty in my mind to be classified as a sports car. Keep in mind, i bought one! I don't see it as a sports car, but that in no way takes away from how awesome I think it is.
Yeah, it's not a knock against the Mustang in any kind of way. If the Mustang lost the back seats and shrunk in size and focus, I think it'd be a bonafide sports car. It'd also weigh a lot less and be way less practical.

Mustang GT w/PP IMO does qualify as a "Sports Car". Is an M3 a sports car? I think yes. M3 has 2 doors and 4 seats.
The M3/M4 coupes been considered a "sports coupes" in the same way the M3 sedans have always been a "sports sedan." The Z4M Coupe was absolutely a sports car. It was lightweight with cramped seating for two and was way harsher than any other M car during its time.
Sponsored