Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
well you're losing according to the poll lol

Bay1Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic '15 V6 051a
I think it's still a muscle car. If you drive it you see a long aggressive hood and it's a big ass coupe. It's all of the above I guess lol

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
well you're losing according to the poll lol
And the Camaro outsold the S197 for most of its life; doesn't mean it proves one car is better than the other.

To be honest I'm just a cranky mofo going all forum armchair mode since I haven't had my car for the past two weeks and I have nothing better to do but nitpick.

Sponsored

Patrick S

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium 50 year Ap/Pkg
Pony car. does not matter the styling, or the horse power. The Mustang will always be a Pony car, made to do battle with the Camaro and the Challenger.

to be overly technical about it, it is a performance coupe. :)

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
It's your story, stick with it! :thumbsup:
The Mustangs rear seats aren't much better, I feel it is more a pony car with Sports/GT aspirations. This version has come closest to achieving those aspirations. It's just a great car!!!

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Sort of a mongrel, really.

For me, GT gets the nod. Somewhat cushy rig for swallowing up many miles, quickly.

Charles147

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PP w/50AP
Word games I tell you...All I know is that the Mustang is a 'sporty' car. Enthusiast take them to the track...

I like to call it a Grand Touring Sport (GTS) car.

OP
OP

grantourer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I think that our "muscle cars" were our way of saying GT in the US. We put GT on american cars, but that name isn't really assigned to any cars, in the way that we don't use it when walking about cars in the US. It just isn't "really" part of our automotive language.

I see the new S550 as making the step from "pony/muscle car" into the GT category. as previously stated. GT cars are cars designed to gobble up long trips quickly. Fairly powerful, also fairly comfortable and refined. With the extra, albeit cramped seating, it moves the GT out of the "sports car" category in my mind.

Sponsored

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
it's a sports car or 2dr coupe. end of story lol. sub names would be gt, pony, whatever... it's still a sports car and a 2dr coupe...and thats it's classification that your insurance and county/state will give it.
Its not a sports car according to the industry definition. You are wrong, end of story. 2 doors doesn't tell the whole story.

Definition from Merriam Webster: a low, small car that seats two people and that is made for fast driving

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I think that our "muscle cars" were our way of saying GT in the US. We put GT on american cars, but that name isn't really assigned to any cars, in the way that we don't use it when walking about cars in the US. It just isn't "really" part of our automotive language.

I see the new S550 as making the step from "pony/muscle car" into the GT category. as previously stated. GT cars are cars designed to gobble up long trips quickly. Fairly powerful, also fairly comfortable and refined. With the extra, albeit cramped seating, it moves the GT out of the "sports car" category in my mind.
My car feels exactly like a two door, manual version of my parent's C63 (in terms of weight, body control, and noise to a surprising degree). I'd say it's comfortably in the GT category too; seating for four when needed, covers ground quickly, plenty of creature comforts, and practical to a degree.

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
Its not a sports car according to the industry definition. You are wrong, end of story. 2 doors doesn't tell the whole story.

Definition from Merriam Webster: a low, small car that seats two people and that is made for fast driving
no need to be rude

i guess my county is wrong then because it says sports 2dr coupe on the registration then >_>

people will call it whatever they want... it's a sports car, muscle car, pony whatever. it doesn't matter any way... it's still a car.

i'll call it a sports car and apparently 31 other people do too currently in the poll...where sports car is winning by 14 peoeple currently lol

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
if yall really want to know what it is....and what ford calls it. this is exactly what it says on the window sticker

what say ye? lol

4 passenger sports car right on the sticker!

:D

w1tmcAw.png
Sponsored