• Total voters

Trappen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium
I picked pony car... however i feel it is a ponies bigger more mature cousin... Kind of how a Thoroughbred horse and a quarter horse are the same but different.
Sponsored

Sinister

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I can't believe "sports car" is leading the poll. Of the 4 choices that's the one thing the Mustang definitely isn't.

e30og

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Genesis G70 3.3T Sport
I think this car is like an Aston, less of a record shatter-er and more of a showy, grand tourer.

Then again the V6/Ecoboost models are lightyears ahead of anything else in the class and the GT is still one of the best performance bargains out on the market (if not the best), so its a tough call. I lean towards GT only because Mustangs are not super lightweight, purpose driven cars (and some of them have that badge :D). They are far more practical than that.

While it is a pony car, these last models (especially the S550) are such great all-around performers they can school many more expensive things in a handling course. I feel they are a bit more evolved over a Ponycar, unless one wants to consider the ponycar itself fully evolved

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
I am utterly surprised at how emotional people get in this trivial topic. IMHO there is no right or wrong answer.
Nobody who has ever driven a Miata, Honda S2000, Datsun (1600, 2000) or any of the little mainly British and Italian "traditional" sports cars (MG (A, B, C, TC, TD, Midget), Austin-Healey (3000, Sprite), Fiat (124, 850), Alfa-Romeo (Spider), Lotus (Elan, Elite, Europa, 7), etc.) would ever categorize the Mustang as a "sports car", and people who haven't driven at least one of those cannot have a gut-level understanding of what a sports car is.

Stated differently, anybody who thinks that a Mustang has to have all sorts of comfort & convenience features and high-tech solutions to everything simply has no idea what a sports car is all about.

Norm

Last edited:

Sponsored

VTECSAUCE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB PP GT w/ RECARO's & ITR swapped '94 hatch
it'll be interesting to see who still thinks its a sports car when the gt350/350r comes out...while I will agree the mustang doesn't feel like a sports car, I'm confident the gt350 will do the job, if not then the gt350R.

Slade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic GT, 03 F150
Nobody who has ever driven a Miata, Honda S2000, Datsun (1600, 2000) or any of the little mainly British and Italian "traditional" sports cars (MG (A, B, C, TC, TD, Midget), Austin-Healey (3000, Sprite), Fiat (124, 850), Alfa-Romeo (Spider), Lotus (Elan, Elite, Europa, 7), etc.) would ever categorize the Mustang as a "sports car", and people who haven't driven at least one of those cannot have a gut-level understanding of what a sports car is.

Stated differently, anybody who thinks that a Mustang has to have all sorts of comfort & convenience features and high-tech solutions to everything simply has no idea what a sports car is all about.

Norm
Exactly....

And that's not a slam on the Mustang. Nothing wrong with being a spectacular Grand Tourer (IMHO).

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I'd go with Pony car... MC... then GT...

SC reminds me of a small and light two seat car...

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Fusion coupe?

:p
Sponsored