Sponsored

What is Ford thinking ?

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Not a fan of shark fin roof antenna. Obvious car cover is not used, as it will punch a hole after repeated use.
Sponsored

red95stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Race Red GT350, 03 Lightning, 11 HD Vrod
Ok guys so my 20 GT350 came with the shark tin and I hate it!!!! So talked to my dealership and ford about replacing it and the gave me this.
Enjoy that new antenna!
4E1885A5-247D-48FF-9647-33919CB7284D.jpeg
So I figured I would buy a older one and replace in myself. So I got a older and they can’t really be changed out here is what I found. So it looks like I’m stuck with the ugly shark fin.
06B0BEB7-1A09-44C9-8E37-CEC73EEE2D27.jpeg

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
Of course it would never be that simple. Ford purposely changed the mounting points and connectors so people wouldn't ditch the fin.

red95stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only other thing I can think of is to move it to the rear speaker deck on the inside. Then see if I could get the roof wrapped to cover the whole.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Of course it would never be that simple. Ford purposely changed the mounting points and connectors so people wouldn't ditch the fin.
Really, come on. It's a different antenna designed to work with the latest radios. It looks the way it looks. Ford didn't intentionally do this just to piss off Mustang forum members. Sometimes I think we just look for things to bitch about. Get in your car and drive it. You can't see it from inside.

Sponsored

red95stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really, come on. It's a different antenna designed to work with the latest radios. It looks the way it looks. Ford didn't intentionally do this just to piss off Mustang forum members. Sometimes I think we just look for things to bitch about. Get in your car and drive it. You can't see it from inside.
I guess if I had a 19 with the cleaner looking antenna I wouldn’t have anything to complain about but I don’t I special ordered my car to the spec I wanted and I got it with this big ugly dick sticking out of my roof. Sorry me trying to make my car the way I want it bothers you.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think your wrong. I think ford sat around a big table and said let’s screw those Mustang 6G forum guys, let’s bolt on a shark fin and whilst we’re at it, let’s introduce a AWD hybrid to really piss them off ... :cwl:

Don’t believe the hype, they ARE out to get us ... :cwl:

WD :like:

ps : I still don’t like the shark fin ... :puke:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I guess if I had a 19 with the cleaner looking antenna I wouldn’t have anything to complain about but I don’t I special ordered my car to the spec I wanted and I got it with this big ugly dick sticking out of my roof. Sorry me trying to make my car the way I want it bothers you.
Don’t be silly. It’s your car, do want you want. :like::fistbump: It’s the conspiracy posters that bother me.

Now if you really, really hate the shank fin I’ll swap my 19’ GT/CS for your GT350, straight up. :cwl::crackup:

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
Shark Fin makes it look cheap.

I had to make a "flat bunker" cushion pad over the Fin so my car cover will not tear up for 2014 VW Jetta GLI.

How big is the hole on the roof? If small enough for the dome to fit over, make the electrical connection to see if all is good working order. If so, proceed.
U.S. Pass.jpg

Last edited:

red95stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t be silly. It’s your car, do want you want. :like::fistbump: It’s the conspiracy posters that bother me.

Now if you really, really hate the shank fin I’ll swap my 19’ GT/CS for your GT350, straight up. :cwl::crackup:
I’m good bro the antenna is the only thing I don’t like about the car. I will either learn to live with it or move it but the 350 is staying with me for a while. No conspiracies coming from me.

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Thanks for trying this. I was hoping the mounting holes would be identical and the old-style antenna would be a plug&play fit, but the truth is, the chances of that being the case were indeed slim.
What's even worse is that if I understand correctly, the whole purpose of the hideous can opener is to be compatible with the latest Sirius XM service. But Sirius XM is not available outside North America! So I will have this abomination on top of my car without getting any benefit whatsoever in exchange.
At least I can find some consolation in the fact that most BMWs, Mercs, Audis, Jaguars, etc. have this antenna style nowadays, so I won't be alone. :D

JayAction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500
Wow that's ugly. I drove a 2012 kia forte before getting my mustang. It reminds me of that and looks cheap as hell.

Somebody should start a petition or something.

I hope the GT500 does not have this downgrade also. I was looking to buy one in the next year or two.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Its a leaked photo of the 2021 Jimmy Buffett model. Fins to left fins to right!!
There's a new JAWS movie coming out so the fin was a marketing tie-in. There will also be a ForScan option to load the GreatWhite image with the 'daah dum ..... daah dum' sound track. If you set one of the bits just right it'll instead play