Mustang Maverick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Convertible; 2006 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I remember that motorized antenna on my 95 Firebird. I never used the radio, so I just pulled the plug for the antenna and left it in the down position.

My 1980 280ZX has a switch to raise and lower the antenna to whatever height I want. But the band that controls the tuning knob is long broken, so I can only listen to radio static. So I just listen to the vroom vroom of the inline 6.
I had a 76 280Z back in the day - great car except for the doors, windows and locks - but the motor was pretty good.
Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I had a 76 280Z back in the day - great car except for the doors, windows and locks - but the motor was pretty good.
My ZX was garaged for its entire life, minus the 81k worth of mileage it racked up on the road. Locks, windows, and doors have no issues. The car could stand to have a new set of door seals, but beyond that, body doesn't need attention. Rubber lines in the engine bay are in need of attention as many are original, which I'm slowly working on.

W1cK3dSiK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2, 2020 F150 Lariat Sport
Must be a new thing because my 2020 GT just showed up today and has the shark fin but no other 2020’s at our dealership have it.

LinkRS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP
Howdy Everyone,

I posted earlier about the difference between the satellite antennas, and I just confirmed my suspicion. If you go to this site: https://www.siriusxm.com/vehicleavailability you can play with various options of vehicle/model/year and see how the options change. For 2019 Mustangs (like I have), they have Sirius radios, and the associated bubble antenna. For the 2020 MY, they have switched (according to that site), to SiriusXM radios, which use a different antenna, and explains the difference folks are seeing. FWIW, my 2019 has built-in nav, Sirius, and the Sync Connect feature that gives me remote access to my car, as well is built-in Wi-Fi hotspot inside my car, and still just has the bubble antenna. So, I am thinking for the vehicles with the shark fin, they have all been "upgraded" to a SiriusXM radio. SiriusXM actually has three different services, the original Sirius (what I have), XM, and SiriusXM. Each of them has a unique programming package associated with it, but most channels are available on any of them. Good luck!

Rich S.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Well this isn't good then. I've been praying that my 350 ends up, by some miracle, with the bubble antenna instead of the hideous sharkfin because I absolutely HATE not just the way they look in general, but especially on the S550 as it looks like some cheap $5 piece from eBay or Pepboys that was added after the fact.

It's a massive wart on an otherwise beautiful car.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Well this isn't good then. I've been praying that my 350 ends up, by some miracle, with the bubble antenna instead of the hideous sharkfin because I absolutely HATE not just the way they look in general, but especially on the S550 as it looks like some cheap $5 piece from eBay or Pepboys that was added after the fact.

Well then there is a simple solution to your problem. With that beautiful Voodoo sound who needs a radio anyway. :)

upload_2020-3-17_11-0-39.jpeg

Sponsored

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Howdy Everyone,

I posted earlier about the difference between the satellite antennas, and I just confirmed my suspicion. If you go to this site: https://www.siriusxm.com/vehicleavailability you can play with various options of vehicle/model/year and see how the options change. For 2019 Mustangs (like I have), they have Sirius radios, and the associated bubble antenna. For the 2020 MY, they have switched (according to that site), to SiriusXM radios, which use a different antenna, and explains the difference folks are seeing. FWIW, my 2019 has built-in nav, Sirius, and the Sync Connect feature that gives me remote access to my car, as well is built-in Wi-Fi hotspot inside my car, and still just has the bubble antenna. So, I am thinking for the vehicles with the shark fin, they have all been "upgraded" to a SiriusXM radio. SiriusXM actually has three different services, the original Sirius (what I have), XM, and SiriusXM. Each of them has a unique programming package associated with it, but most channels are available on any of them. Good luck!

Rich S.
The difference seems to be SirusXM Traffic (2019 and lower) vs SirusXM Traffic+ (2020). However, I have no clue what’s different between those :p

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Is the SiriusXM reception an option? Or do all Mustangs have it by default?
the 200/300 base have no provision for Sirius* AFAIK. But that doesn't mean they won't put the shark fin on the back. The bubble is dead I think and the only reason some cars have it is because Ford hasn't run out of their stockpile just yet. The supplier no doubt has a few different shapes/sizes of the fin but I would guess Ford just picked the most generic one and given where that hole is located, that's where the fin ends up centered on. God forbid Ford change a stamping or work with the supplier to route the wires to the front or change the molding to fit the Mustang vs the pickup trucks.

W1cK3dSiK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2, 2020 F150 Lariat Sport

It's been hit or miss. I've seen new GT500's with the old style, a new GT350 at our dealership the other day with the old style, and numerous 2020 GT's with the old style however my 2020 just showed up with the shark fin. So it must've been a change in production in the last couple of months. I will say that I actually like it on my own car. It's like anything, love it or hate it I suppose.
IMG_9181.jpg

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
It's been hit or miss. I've seen new GT500's with the old style, a new GT350 at our dealership the other day with the old style, and numerous 2020 GT's with the old style however my 2020 just showed up with the shark fin. So it must've been a change in production in the last couple of months. I will say that I actually like it on my own car. It's like anything, love it or hate it I suppose.
IMG_9181.jpg
Congrats on the new car. The color, the wheels, gorgeous. Would not have even noticed the antenna had it not been part of this thread. I doubt anyone else would either. Enjoy it. :like::clap:
Sponsored