What is Ford thinking ?

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
What's upsetting is that you see the car in the showroom, you like it, you order it, and months later Ford delivers something else. If they want to change the styling, they must do so between generations or year models and advertise it beforehand.
Changing it covertly mid-year is a low blow. This is not the car I ordered.
OK, it's a matter of take it or leave it, and of course I'm going to be taking it. But I was so happy about it, I was so looking forward to the moment when my dream car would finally be here, and now my joy is a bit spoiled. My dream car will be a bit (well, a lot actually) uglier than it should, and that makes me a bit sad. I'm looking at the above picture and feel like crying - God, it looks awful. It looks like a can opener. :frown:
Sponsored

Last edited:

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hmmmm... Not too fond of that shark fin. I know I ragged quite a bit on this Chinese Phoenix radio I bought, but now I'm awful glad I got the regular Base Model GT with an MT-82. Everything is so much simpler. And, with the spoiler delete, my car looks kind of like a Kona Blue Bullitt. Nice being simple, and on the down-low.

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
Hmmmm... Not too fond of that shark fin. I know I ragged quite a bit on this Chinese Phoenix radio I bought, but now I'm awful glad I got the regular Base Model GT with an MT-82. Everything is so much simpler. And, with the spoiler delete, my car looks kind of like a Kona Blue Bullitt. Nice being simple, and on the down-low.
Your 2018 would not have had a sharkfin. This is only on the (newest) 2020 models. :p

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
What's upsetting is that you see the car in the showroom, you like it, you order it, and months later Ford delivers something else. If they want to change the styling, they must do so between generations or year models and advertise it beforehand.
Changing it covertly mid-year is a low blow. This is not the car I ordered.
OK, it's a matter of take it or leave it, and of course I'm going to be taking it. But I was so happy about it, I was so looking forward to the moment when my dream car would finally be here, and now my joy is a bit spoiled. My dream car will be a bit (well, a lot actually) uglier than it should, and that makes me a bit sad. I'm looking at the above picture and feel like crying - God, it looks awful. It looks like a can opener. :frown:
Manufacturers have been making in-line part changes forever. It happens. Most are not as visible as the “sharkfin” but the change was made to improve the vehicle. Once you get in your new car and start driving it you’ll totally forget about it.

Last edited:

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
If 'improving' the vehicle means giving me access to a subscription-based satellite radio service which I couldn't care less about and which I'll most probably never use, then I would rather have an unimproved one.
The car will be parked in front of the house, right under my living room window. Every time I look out that window I will see that appalling tumour on top of the car. There's no way I can forget about it. :)

Sponsored

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I'll try. :D
But still, if anyone can confirm that the holes in the roof are the same and the old-style bubble can be retrofitted, I'll be very interested.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
That might also work, provided we're certain that the shark fin is exclusively for SiriusXM. Hopefully they didn't cram the radio and GPS antennae in there as well, in which case we would be out of luck.

Sponsored

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
The bump is the reason I went base lol.

QCGoose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 (Velocity Blue)
Enjoy that new antenna!
4E1885A5-247D-48FF-9647-33919CB7284D.jpeg
*sigh* Goddammit...

The only glimmer of hope left is that the script reads "may have", so perhaps there's a chance that mine may NOT have the fin. I didn't want the electronics package or B+O stereo when I placed my order, so maybe the base radio still gets the dome antenna?

disneyfun1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Art
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Prem Calif Special, 2021 Mustang Mach-E
Just picked up my 2020 GT on april 2. it was built on jan 30 and does have the small antenna on it. Question for anyone who has the new sync 3 system. I had a 2018 GT with sync 3 and the name of the song would display at the top of gauges when driving (401a package) when listening to sirius. On my 2020 GT with 401a package, it is showing a musical note at the top of the display, but no song titles. if i switch to usb, it does show the song title, just not on sirius like my 2018 did. Cant figure out why it would show a musical note but no song title. ive looked in the book and everywhere i can find in case i missed a setting and cant seem to find one to have the song title display. Anyone else have this going on??
Sponsored