Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
Black Dog,

My personal opinion is the 10R80 is great if you keep it under 700 whp. Over that the fuse gets shorter on a factory 10R80.

My Wengerd tune has exceeded my expectations and I have nearly 2K on my set up with his tune.
Agreed. When clutches first came out for our 10r80s I got one of the first sets available. They did not last long with 950hp to the wheel. After the 3rd set failed the decision was made to go Turbo 400. 10r80 trans will NOT last over 700 whp. And damn sure over 900. Since I started this thread I have put some more miles on car and tune is spot on. I have had some local guys calling me out but they do not want any of this car. That is a promise. :muscle: Thank you Wengerd.
Sponsored

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Black Dog,

That's the main reason I decided to stay under 700 whp - longevity of the trans.

Glad Wengerd got you dialed in, I'm not surprised.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Black Dog,

That's the main reason I decided to stay under 700 whp - longevity of the trans.

Glad Wengerd got you dialed in, I'm not surprised.
Had a buddy ride with me in the car and he was impressed. Drivability as well as WOT. He has already been in touch with Wengerd. :thumbsup:

Mghoward74

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
S550
Put together a 2018 Mustang GT with a Fresh Built 5.2 Predator block twin turbo with Fresh built Turbo 400 transmission. Being tuned by a top mustang tuner the car just would not run correctly. Have some friends using this same tuner and they are making the switch as well. Car would not pass a crank relearn. Communicated with tuner about this a couple times but was ignored. Car would die at every red light. Die while idling. Car was running rich got a revision then started to get lean codes P0171 P0174. Frustrated I contacted Wengard he answered all my questions on a sunday night via email. Gave it a week to think it over if I was going to fire my tuner. Well I did. And was the right decision. Paid Wengerd at 1:30 on a monday sent him stock file and within the hour was driving on his tune. Amazingly car has had no hiccups with his tuning. Last saturday threw on my 325/35/18 Mickeys Thompson Rs and set boost controller 16psi and holy mother of God. Car has a Killer Chiller and it really helps IATs. Have been debating putting car up for sale but with previous tuner that was not possible. Going to put car on dyno and list it for sale. Thank you Wengerd Tuning.
Can we at least get some pics of the car...haha

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Can we at least get some pics of the car...haha
I will do that in another thread. Want to keep thread on Wengerd Tuning. Talked with another buddy last night that is making the switch. He is with my previous tuner as well and frustrated with his tune.

Sponsored

GeigerZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I made the switch a couple months ago to Wengerd Tuning as well. Haven't looked back (was a very reputable tuner) and super satisfied with the tune. Like many have said - the response is almost immediate and feeling like I was the only customer goes a long ways in my book!

From startup to WoT - no complaints at all!! Mild manners while just driving around and then the hell hounds unleashed @ 100% TPS. With 700rwhp on tap - it's enough for me!

Can't say enough good things about the tune!! Even on long trips (6+hrs), it never missed a beat!

Gregory347

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1, 1987 Buick Grand National, 1985 Mustang
How is his 10R80 tune? Can anyone that has also used Lund give a comparison.

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yes, I am extremely pleased with the mannerisms of my Wengerd tuned 10R80.

Normal feels much better and Sport mode is a tire chirping shift monster . . . . I love it!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Wengerd tuned now on my built 5.2 with Odin blower. Tuning has been insane awesome. Trans shifts so good. I have driven PBD cars and Lund. Daryle is my favorite so far
Been hearing a lot of this Odin blower. Have a buddy with a stick car with twins. He says he does not like it, to much power uncontrollable. I recommended he go from 3:73s to 3:31s and he did and he still says it is uncontrollable. He is also tuned by my ex tuner and wants to switch over possibly. He says he wants to read more reviews and he wants to swap his twins for the Odin. I told him fuck that turbos are the way to go but he is hard headed so it looks like he is going that route. He really needs a dyno session with Wengerd maybe his tune will be more controllable and he can stick with his turbos.
If he had just done an auto swap instead of building his his 6 speed stick trans he would be in a much better position.

drc767

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have an Odin setup tuned by Daryle. I have nothing but positive things to say about both. Daryle's A10 tune is amazing. I am lucky because he is fairly local to me. When he tuned my 2019 GT, he told me he worked on the A10 tune on his own car for something like a month until he got it where he wanted. It shows in his tune.........
A9388B24-A0CF-422D-9E4E-222AF3D53195_1_201_a.jpeg

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
drc767,

When he tuned my 2019 GT, he told me he worked on the A10 tune on his own car for something like a month until he got it where he wanted. It shows in his tune.........
Amen to that. I couldn't ask for any improvement in my A10, it's that good for me.

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Wengerd tuned now on my built 5.2 with Odin blower. Tuning has been insane awesome. Trans shifts so good. I have driven PBD cars and Lund. Daryle is my favorite so far
can you elaborate on specifics as to why he is your preference?
Sponsored