Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Thanks for the support everyone. We are staying slammed with tuning but still have our same response time. Usually within minutes. Thanks for the reviews!
Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Predator Block. Does not need sleeving. Not going over 1200 hp.
I am thinking about doing the same. Keep us updated on how it works out for you. I because frustrated with the mail order tune guys a while back and started tweaking my car myself with the help from Brad Brooks. So far it has worked out really well. Does he lock your tune or can you read it with HPT so you can see the changes he makes?

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
What I like so far is responsiveness, not to say Lund wasn't. My local shop has a guy that is learning, so far he is only trained up on imports and Chevy's, Ford is next. I figure reading and sending the stock data to Wengerd, letting him work off what the car is currently doing with mods, vs a shelf tune, is a better process. Not knocking shelf tunes, but the evolution from the shelf is something like this if you don't have access to a dyno tuner. A dyno tuner is obviously the best. My new battery charger is coming in today, hoping I can get out there Saturday morning with the laptop, the charger, and an extension cord and get this file read to send back. I'm not FI, but I respond in this thread since the service review is applicable.

Sponsored

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
What I like so far is responsiveness, not to say Lund wasn't. My local shop has a guy that is learning, so far he is only trained up on imports and Chevy's, Ford is next. I figure reading and sending the stock data to Wengerd, letting him work off what the car is currently doing with mods, vs a shelf tune, is a better process. Not knocking shelf tunes, but the evolution from the shelf is something like this if you don't have access to a dyno tuner. A dyno tuner is obviously the best. My new battery charger is coming in today, hoping I can get out there Saturday morning with the laptop, the charger, and an extension cord and get this file read to send back. I'm not FI, but I respond in this thread since the service review is applicable.
I was tuned by Jon Lund for years NA, Paxton and eventually twin turbo. They were very timely with revisions but only available during business hours. This did not mesh well with the track because you are normally at the track after hours and weekends. If you have a tune issue at at track day you are dead in the water.

The one benefit of using a big name tuner they get experience quickly on multiple platforms and setups due to the volume of tunes they build. At the end of the day you have to weigh customer service, tune safety and tune performance to make the best decision.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
I am thinking about doing the same. Keep us updated on how it works out for you. I because frustrated with the mail order tune guys a while back and started tweaking my car myself with the help from Brad Brooks. So far it has worked out really well. Does he lock your tune or can you read it with HPT so you can see the changes he makes?
Not sure about tune. Data logs I look at with Mac Numbers App

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Not sure about tune. Data logs I look at with Mac Numbers App
What device are you using to load tunes and data log? The new HPT MVPI2 looks like it will be a nice device. It has the ability to save data logs and appears you can display parameters on your android device wirelessly in the car.

OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
What device are you using to load tunes and data log? The new HPT MVPI2 looks like it will be a nice device. It has the ability to save data logs and appears you can display parameters on your android device wirelessly in the car.
I am a Mac guy have been for years. Using Ngauge with my desktop. Have a Windows laptop that I have not turned on for 2 years. I almost pulled the trigger on the HPT MVPI2 but did not because one the Ngauge so much. I do have another MVP device in my garage packaged up but did not know if Wengerd could work with it.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I am a Mac guy have been for years. Using Ngauge with my desktop. Have a Windows laptop that I have not turned on for 2 years. I almost pulled the trigger on the HPT MVPI2 but did not because one the Ngauge so much. I do have another MVP device in my garage packaged up but did not know if Wengerd could work with it.
I am a MAC guy too but I bought a new laptop to use HP Tuners with. The logging capability with HPT is so much better and easier to use. Keep us in the loop on how your results turn out.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Black Dog

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I am a MAC guy too but I bought a new laptop to use HP Tuners with. The logging capability with HPT is so much better and easier to use. Keep us in the loop on how your results turn out.
Well....when I switched tuners car runs much better off of Wengerds start up tune. 2nd revision put the cherry on the cake. Then started increasing boost then was asked about more boost or more timing. Selected timing and glad I did. Not trying to sound like a broken record. One of the best decisions I have made with this car by switching to Wengerds tuning. Complete package of awesome communication and performance. Keep in mind that this car has a Turbo 400 transmission swapped over from the delicate 10r80. My opinion of the 10r80 is it is a great transmission if you keep it NA unless you want to pull transmission multiple times. My F150 has the 10r80 was going to supercharge it but decided to keep it NA.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
Well....when I switched tuners car runs much better off of Wengerds start up tune. 2nd revision put the cherry on the cake. Then started increasing boost then was asked about more boost or more timing. Selected timing and glad I did. Not trying to sound like a broken record. One of the best decisions I have made with this car by switching to Wengerds tuning. Complete package of awesome communication and performance. Keep in mind that this car has a Turbo 400 transmission swapped over from the delicate 10r80. My opinion of the 10r80 is it is a great transmission if you keep it NA unless you want to pull transmission multiple times. My F150 has the 10r80 was going to supercharge it but decided to keep it NA.
I have always wondered if it was better to run a bit more boost or more timing. i was planning to turn my timing up to 20 on the dyno but it made 930 on 18 so I decided to leave it there.

RedRoush17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2017 Roush Mustang
Quick update,Loaded Daryl's tune in my car and fired right up and sounds great..Will be doing some data-logging and have Daryl make his adjustments..So far so good

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Black Dog,

My personal opinion is the 10R80 is great if you keep it under 700 whp. Over that the fuse gets shorter on a factory 10R80.

My Wengerd tune has exceeded my expectations and I have nearly 2K on my set up with his tune.

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Quick update,Loaded Daryl's tune in my car and fired right up and sounds great..Will be doing some data-logging and have Daryl make his adjustments..So far so good
Whenever you get that first log send it on over and we will get right to it.

Thanks again for the reviews!
Sponsored