Wengerd Performance and Tuning

Golgo69

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Herb
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT
Not sure on the HP, I think I'm one pulley from maxing out 93. Have a boost gauge coming in soon so I can at the least see what boost level I am running.

I'm coming off a really good Procharger tune (6th revision) with the 4.75 pulley. It had good manners and pulled hard.

But damn, with injectors, BAP, and 4.65 pulley + Wengerd tune - it is a monster with GREAT manners. I love the way it drives now (trans strategy), much better than it's stock form.

Yesterday, did a 2000rpm launch with the Mrs in the passenger seat , and my stomach dropped all the way until I let off at triple digits. All she could say was hollllllyyyyy sh*t, I think I pissed myself. Lol.
Personally, I could only achieve that edge of the seat feeling sometimes for a second or two with the Procharger stock setup...

That pull was done in normal mode because I couldn't get drag strip mode to stick as good. Running 305s PS4s.
So I don't know what HP, but the Butt Dyno says it's the fastest thing I've ridden in a very long time.

I've driven in another big named tune car with similar setup as mine... Not even close to the manners and drivability mine has.

Thank you Wengerd for your time and patience!
4.75 pulley??? What ProCharger do you have? My P1-SC1 came with a 4.38 stock (6.5lbs). I recently went up in boost, 4.10 for another 2-2.5lbs (that’s what they tell me). I’m thinking about going down (up) to 3.73 and try and get in the 650whp range. Wengernd has a time to do for me also. Weather has been shitty so I haven’t sent my current tune yet. After everything all in here have said about his tunes, I might not need to pulley down for more boost! Can’t wait to see!
Sponsored

usmade75

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 10r80
4.75 pulley??? What ProCharger do you have? My P1-SC1 came with a 4.38 stock (6.5lbs). I recently went up in boost, 4.10 for another 2-2.5lbs (that’s what they tell me). I’m thinking about going down (up) to 3.73 and try and get in the 650whp range. Wengernd has a time to do for me also. Weather has been shitty so I haven’t sent my current tune yet. After everything all in here have said about his tunes, I might not need to pulley down for more boost! Can’t wait to see!
On a 2020 GT Procharger 4.75 pulley on a stage 2 setup is approximately 8.5-9.5lbs of boost at rpm limit. The tune increases rpm limit and I dropped a pulley size to 4.63. So I gained a good bit.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
What's new in the Wengerd World!!??
Been quiet in here.

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not much to say (or complain about) when things are going well! That's the best compliment of all for Wengerd.

Been on his tune for about 18 months and I wouldn't change a thing. Impeccable low, mid, and high speed calibration on my Pro-Charged Mustang with 4.63" pully running on 93.

Just a solid, smooth, very powerful street driven 2018 GT that can still scare me from time to time. Just gathers speed in a hellacious rush and before you know it, your into the 3 digit range.

10 speed puts you in boost like right now!

Thanks Daryl!!

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Been running Wengerds tune for months on my 19 P2 roush kit. I agree with the “can still scare me” assessment from @schmeky. Car runs like a scalded cat and drives much better. Have put 6k miles on it over the last month and a half driving it all over the country. Car is two years old and 1/3 of the mileage is from this trip and on Wengerds tune.

Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
Funny thing is the tune actually curbed my trips to Mexico. I don’t even bother with most cars anymore unless it’s an obnoxious hellcat or zl1. Even then most aren’t worth the 3 seconds to break the law and prove it to em. They see a 5.0 with a loud exhaust blow by them if they are.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Has anyone gotten an email response from Wengerd recently?

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Has anyone gotten an email response from Wengerd recently?
Talked with them several times on Saturday hopefully they took a few days off for the holiday thou.

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Talked with them several times on Saturday hopefully they took a few days off for the holiday thou.
Thanks. We about have my tune dialed-in, sent some logs over the evening of 6/23. Sent a follow-up on 6/28 and again this morning. Communication was great until now. Not sure the deal, hopefully I hear something soon.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Thanks. We about have my tune dialed-in, sent some logs over the evening of 6/23. Sent a follow-up on 6/28 and again this morning. Communication was great until now. Not sure the deal, hopefully I hear something soon.
Hmmm that is definitely out of the ordinary for them. I can only imagine how many emails they get a day it is probably astronomical. Maybe try PMing them on here with your email address.
@Wengerd Performance

Sponsored

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
Hmmm that is definitely out of the ordinary for them. I can only imagine how many emails they get a day it is probably astronomical. Maybe try PMing them on here with your email address.
@Wengerd Performance
Yup we did take a few days off but we are back tomorrow.

I have been responding periodically as I can even though we are closed

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I'm sure he'll get back to you soon... If he doesn't, he'll find a way to blame you for it if you say anything about him on the forums. :giggle:

Roostfactor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium auto
I'm sure he'll get back to you soon... If he doesn't, he'll find a way to blame you for it if you say anything about him on the forums. :giggle:
I dont know about all that. I haven't spoken to him but have emailed many many times before he tuned me up.
Even after the tune (which was spot on from first log) I've had a few questions and he has answered quickly.

If you were the expert on something but a few people questioned your ability wouldn't you stick up for yourself by explaining why your correct in your assessment or service?

Tuning is a tricky service as we all want the most power we can get with 100% driveability and reliability. Then someone comes along trying to get unrealistic power on pump gas, blow their stuff up then try to blame the tuner for it.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
I dont know about all that. I haven't spoken to him but have emailed many many times before he tuned me up.
Even after the tune (which was spot on from first log) I've had a few questions and he has answered quickly.

If you were the expert on something but a few people questioned your ability wouldn't you stick up for yourself by explaining why your correct in your assessment or service?

Tuning is a tricky service as we all want the most power we can get with 100% driveability and reliability. Then someone comes along trying to get unrealistic power on pump gas, blow their stuff up then try to blame the tuner for it.
No one questioned his ability. I questioned the way he attacks people who speak out after having a bad experience with him. Most bad experiences were due to him not responding. He could have chose to say something like "I'm sorry I try to get back to everyone but I'm not perfect. Please reach back out and I'll make sure I get you that response." But instead he accused people of asking for illegal shit, or trolling, and made excuses why he didn't need to respond. But please feel free to try and find a reason to justify that for him.
Sponsored