Sponsored

Well that went bad

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
MacGyver would chew a piece of gum, take the gum from his mouth and squish it down into the hole. Let it sit for about 2 minutes, then pull the gum upward, which would extract the white piece....

—-

Beats the shit outta me if that would really work, but the screw idea sounds grand and will prob work great!
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Find yourself a good hooker on 5th street and pay for a blowie.

But no seriously, some strong adhesive like super glue or gorilla glue and an upside down small screw + plier should do the trick.

Onlyone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 5.0 PP1 301A A10
Maybe try getting a metal pin red hot and pushing it into the plastic. Let it cool and pull it out? :fingerscrossed:

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I broke one off today accidentally when installing.

I used two small pins to poke it through the two screw holes on the front of the shifter shaft. I used one to poke and slide it slightly up, then the other hole to hold it in place while I repositioned the first hole to shift it again. A couple times and the top was able to be grabbed and pulled out.

Sponsored

Oryx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Is this insert screw in or is it just loose inside the post? Looks like it might have been twisted and snapped? If its screw in it needs to reverse direction so maybe a Tap-out extractor?

Never mind... I saw later posts ... sounds like it just sits inside. I would try the super glue/toothpick idea first ... seems like the easiest way.

CrackedHorn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Mustang GT/CS; 15 Mustang GT
Easy out

Screw. Drill pilot hole first

Plasti weld and a stick

Red hot dental pick

Double sided tape

Shop vac with a paper towel tube as a tight extension

I could keep going.
Does it rest on a solid bottom or just float in there?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Just trade the car it. It's done.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019
Did ya get it out? If not I would suggest taking a hot glue gun stick. melting the end a bit and then sticking it to the top of the plastic piece once cooled(only take second) then pull it out.

Sponsored

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
Just trade the car it. It's done.
I use there's picks for small jobs like this.rhey are called pick sets and you'll find them on Amazon.tou could use the one with a short curve it to pull it out after drillin.

Capture+_2020-12-28-10-42-06.png

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
How are you enjoying the mod so far?
I'm not sure yet. It didn't work right. It looked good when I put it in and I did manual bezel swap which really improved the appearance. But when we tested it out something wasn't right. When you shifted gears you did not have to have fur on break. Also on dash when it park it would not light up the P. My theory was the rod was not in right and staying pressed. Took it back apart to pull rod out and it would not pull right out like before. Tried twisting some and pulling still no luck so got plyers to get better grip. That's when the end snapped off

Geosh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I'm not sure yet. It didn't work right. It looked good when I put it in and I did manual bezel swap which really improved the appearance. But when we tested it out something wasn't right. When you shifted gears you did not have to have fur on break. Also on dash when it park it would not light up the P. My theory was the rod was not in right and staying pressed. Took it back apart to pull rod out and it would not pull right out like before. Tried twisting some and pulling still no luck so got plyers to get better grip. That's when the end snapped off
was the rod sliding in smooth with no resistance? If not, you might have had some burrs on the top that need cleaning off. It should basically drop into place. Also, I noticed it stuck up a little bit too much when I first put it in, but after putting it into drive and twisting it a slight bit (without the shifter on) it dropped down like 3/4 of an inch and settled in the right spot. Then I put it all together. Stock rod did the same thing.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Step 1: buy a hamster
Step 2: have the hamster lift weights
Step 3: get hamster to remove the piece
Sponsored