Well that went bad

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Well update. So I drill the hole and put in wood screw go pull out won't budge. I decide pull harder and it snaps off another piece. I go at it again and snap again. Investigate and notice the white pieces for the shift lock solenoid are broke. So looks like somehow it got jambed in there. I guess automatic shifter assembly is now in my future.
Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1 10R80
Well update. So I drill the hole and put in wood screw go pull out won't budge. I decide pull harder and it snaps off another piece. I go at it again and snap again. Investigate and notice the white pieces for the shift lock solenoid are broke. So looks like somehow it got jambed in there. I guess automatic shifter assembly is now in my future.

Well, that freaking sucks!!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don't need that. Look at whole post

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Don't need that. Look at whole post

I hate to ask this after what you've gone through, but did you spray a lubricant into the hole, prior to extraction?

Sponsored

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Was the white piece that you installed, oem or was it part of the kit? When installing, did it fit easily?

At this point, I'd remove the shifter assy. Get a long drillbit the diameter of the hole and slowly drill into the plastic. Removing it little by little, til it's gone. What have you got to lose. If it works, great, if not, you had to replace it anyway. Good luck and sorry, you're going through this ordeal.

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was the white piece that you installed, oem or was it part of the kit? When installing, did it fit easily?
Part of the kit. And yes it went in easy. When I tested it at first it seemed to be hart to press down then loosened up. Could of been when damage was done. Go-to white mustle garage. May make more sense when you see kit. There are threads on here as well people have done

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Part of the kit. And yes it went in easy. When I tested it at first it seemed to be hart to press down then loosened up. Could of been when damage was done. Go-to white mustle garage. May make more sense when you see kit. There are threads on here as well people have done
The problem with drilling was that you caused it to expand, should have used epoxy adhesive

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem with drilling was that you caused it to expand, should have used epoxy adhesive
I tr
I don't think it would matter. I noticed the solenoid plastic prices that lock and unlock broke. This must of happened when it got stuck.

Sponsored

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
I tr

I don't think it would matter. I noticed the solenoid plastic prices that lock and unlock broke. This must of happened when it got stuck.
That sucks, hopefully it wont be expensive and a nightmare to fix

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the video and saw that the end of the rod that is inserted into the lever has a rectangular hole in it. I don't know if the O.D of the rod actuates something or if whatever mates with the rectangular hole actuates the shift release mechanism. But if it were me, I'd drill the white plactic piece out little by little. You can always gauge the depth of what to drill out by using the OEM rod as a reference. I would also find the depth of the rectangular hole and subtract that length from the overall length of the rod, subtract the length of what you cut off of the lever. Put a piece of tape on a drill bit that marks the deepest you should drill.

I hope that I made sense, of what I would try.

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I looked at the video and saw that the end of the rod that is inserted into the lever has a rectangular hole in it. I don't know if the O.D of the rod actuates something or if whatever mates with the rectangular hole actuates the shift release mechanism. But if it were me, I'd drill the white plactic piece out little by little. You can always gauge the depth of what to drill out by using the OEM rod as a reference. I would also find the depth of the rectangular hole and subtract that length from the overall length of the rod, subtract the length of what you cut off of the lever. Put a piece of tape on a drill bit that marks the deepest you should drill.

I hope that I made sense, of what I would try.
Yes makes sense but my issue is that will not fix the broken white peice on actuator for shift lock

Slopoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
Yes makes sense but my issue is that will not fix the broken white peice on actuator for shift lock

If you are referring to the white rod, you should be able to get that from the manufacturer of the kit. Good luck!

OP
OP

pitmanr2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you are referring to the white rod, you should be able to get that from the manufacturer of the kit. Good luck!
So far I can't find that or the how to to do it. Only thing I find is shifter assembly which is all of it.
Sponsored