Weird mishap

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
2019 GT A10 all stock except mufflers. Screwing around on some backroads "in Mexico". Had it in drag mode with traction control and advancetrac off in drive. Floored it from a dig, spins through 1st, spins through 2nd then when it went to shift to 3rd (still spinning) it falls on its face like I lifted but I didn't. Foot still to the floor RPMs drop to idle and coasting like 30mph. I lifted my foot off the throttle and got back in it a little and everything is back to normal. Did a couple more launches and everything is fine. It did give me a little rev limiter pop on each shift but so what it's been on the rev limiter before.

IMG_20220420_152941735_HDR_1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

Fyoutoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonny
Vehicle(s)
2022 GTP Mag, Active E, Perf, W/ 6 spd
In Mexico you say? Have you considered bad gas? Run a bad tank of gas through my R/T I get hesitation, wierd revving, and lesser performance as the Comp struggles to deal with low octain.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
You believe your TC/SC was actually off. Unless you pull "the plug", it's never actually off.

Sponsored

OP
OP
glockholiday

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
OP
OP
glockholiday

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
In Mexico you say? Have you considered bad gas? Run a bad tank of gas through my R/T I get hesitation, wierd revving, and lesser performance as the Comp struggles to deal with low octain.
It's definitely not bad gas this was electronic or computer-controlled my foot was to the floor for a good 2 seconds while RPMs dropped to idle, the car electrically closed the throttle body despite input from my throttle pedal, but when I lifted and pushed the pedal again it was as if nothing happened if it was gas there would be spitting sputtering or stumbling.

OP
OP
glockholiday

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Dyno plug. Google it. Common problem.
I've read about that and understand it but I've done this literally dozens of times, it's one of my favorite things to destroy rear tires in the cloud of white smoke and it wasn't even crazy out of control spinning either. I'll accept that it may be just got me this time but why is it let me be so aggressive so many times in the past and never cause a problem. In this video I was purposely destroying tires the incident that happened this morning was not even enough to create tire smoke just a spinning hard launch.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
My car did that too, one time. At Autox. The next 5 runs, no issue. The previous 8 Autox events, no issues. Just a random happening.

I pulled the plug, cleaned the contacts, reinstalled, and then made sure it was held down tight. So far so good.

OP
OP
glockholiday

glockholiday

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Torque Management in factory tune?
I don't think it was torque management this was full throttle, RPM at red line, and then throttle body slammed fully closed I mean 100% to 0%. Until I lifted my foot and got back in it. The vehicles I felt torque management in were smooth and gradual

Last edited:

Sponsored

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
‘22 5.0 GT/‘16 F150 XLT/‘21 Explorer Platinum
I don't think it was torque management this was full throttle, RPM at red line, and then throttle body slammed fully closed I mean 100% to 0%. Until I lifted my foot and got back in it. The vehicles I felt torque management in were smooth and gradual
With my Roush Supercharged '16, torque management kicked in a few times at the strip while running the phase 1 set-up.
When TM kicked in, the car behaved exactly as you described, that's why I thought it may have been TM.
Hope you get it sorted out. Good luck!

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
When driving in an illegal manner on US roads. The perp often refers to it as being "in Mexico".

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT500 '19 GT PP1 '13 GT500, 98 GT, 92 LX 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
With my Roush Supercharged '16, torque management kicked in a few times at the strip while running the phase 1 set-up.
When TM kicked in, the car behaved exactly as you described, that's why I thought it may have been TM.
Hope you get it sorted out. Good luck!
I would think unplugging the whole system at the spot near the air cleaner would disable that function too.

noshine4mine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT A10 PP1 Hellion TT
mine did something similar in Stock trim. At the drag strip it would spin the tire in 1st and 2nd then hit 3rd and start to spin but was wheel hopping. It would just fall on its face. At first I thought I broke something. Wheel hop was causing it.

sirben711

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Ecoboost 10R80 w/ FP Tune
Its not just limited to GT's. Its happened to me twice with everything off (via the toggles)

Seems rare though.
Sponsored