Weird...

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Parked my car came back and realized dimmer switched was on max and displaying on the screen although I didn’t touch anything... my gauges appeared to be reset as I had to set them again... any reason for this? And Voltage reads at 12.5..?
Sponsored

Interceptor

Daily Driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 California Special A10
Did you have the electronic eye covered?

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Did you have the electronic eye covered?
no but for some strange reason now when I go pull into the garage it shows me the dimming screen... which it’s set on what I had it set on before.

when in the sunlight though it’s showed it was set to max I turned it down...

Anyone know if it comes turned all the way up from factory when in sunlight?

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
It shouldn't change. It's an electronic gremlin. Try resetting the IPC module, and see if it goes away. My car's memory acted up when I replaced the battery, bouncing the mirror motor trying to go higher than it could like crazy, but hasn't happened again after I re-recorded the memories. Hope nothing was damaged. It's frustrating, but something like this has always happened to all my modern cars at least once.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
It shouldn't change. It's an electronic gremlin. Try resetting the IPC module, and see if it goes away. My car's memory acted up when I replaced the battery, bouncing the mirror motor trying to go higher than it could like crazy, but hasn't happened again after I re-recorded the memories. Hope nothing was damaged. It's frustrating, but something like this has always happened to all my modern cars at least once.
Thanks how do I do that?

Sponsored

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
You need FORScan for that. If you don't want to mess with it, maybe disconnecting the battery would do the trick, but not sure. Wouldn't hurt to try though... but after it's disconnected, either short the terminals once disconnected, or turn the light switch on, and/or depress the brake pedal, so capacitors are discharged (I think the latter 2 are safer :D). Good luck.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Perfect thanks. Will give it a shot. What’s everyone have their dimming set on w/headlights off? Do you guys still have the dimming set at 5 I think it’s five levels when it’s daylight...
I noticed with lights one there’s more dimming options like 10 or something... which mine is set to 3/4 when the headlights come on... just curious what everyone else is running with headlights off...

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Perfect thanks. Will give it a shot. What’s everyone have their dimming set on w/headlights off? Do you guys still have the dimming set at 5 I think it’s five levels when it’s daylight...
I noticed with lights one there’s more dimming options like 10 or something... which mine is set to 3/4 when the headlights come on... just curious what everyone else is running with headlights off...

Elp_jc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I thought the settings apply with lights on or off. Will try it at night then, but mine was set at the max of 5 when I checked it with lights off.

OP
OP

Mustang5ohMan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
A
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I thought the settings apply with lights on or off. Will try it at night then, but mine was set at the max of 5 when I checked it with lights off.
Ok check during the daytime and let me know...
Sponsored