Vortech JT or Hellion Twins?

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
Hello.

We utilize the factory fans and have no issues with heat or keeping the engine cool. We have many customers in hot environments. We are based in Abq. New Mexico and see some heat in the summer which was the basis for our testing and pre production.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Hellion
Sounds good, I've been really curious about it.
Sponsored

eze_s550GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Performance PAck
Dang all this talk of turbos. Has me thinking do I really want the d1x pc? I do like the fact its an easy install with the procharger. Car is mainly a street car does not see the track that often at all. Mostly some highway fun.

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Turbo is a more invovled power adder but its so worth it.

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Dang all this talk of turbos. Has me thinking do I really want the d1x pc? I do like the fact its an easy install with the procharger. Car is mainly a street car does not see the track that often at all. Mostly some highway fun.
The saying we have heard from our customers very often:

"A couple hours more install time was definitely worth it to make sure we stay ahead and have more power on tap"

OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The saying we have heard from our customers very often:

"A couple hours more install time was definitely worth it to make sure we stay ahead and have more power on tap"
What would you say an average install time would be?

Sponsored

Jay159866

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 1966 Coupe
Im in a serious predicament and ready to take my car to the next level here soon..

Option A: I can stay Centrifugal and trade my Paxton in for a Vortech V7 JT blower thru vortech and it will be discounted to $2389... With that being said I believe I still would need headers and cat deletes to pick up noticable power with a centri setup so tack on a thousand or so... At this point id have over $7K in centri.

Option B: Hellion TT kit, Big boy power and torque... 55s or 62s?? Automatically deletes need for and aftermarket headers/ Cat deletes
Can get kit for $7800.

What to do...
I'm in the same boat as you right now.
Here's my plan.. I'm switching to a 6R80. I just ordered my circle d converter and waiting for the swap kit to come in. I'm going to buy rods/pistons for $1500 which will put me at 1000whp for the shortblock. I'm still not sure which unit to switch out to because I've been told the JT is the 2200SL.

You can make what you need from the centri.. The TT kit will let you make 1200+whp, sure.. but how far are you wanting to go?

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
From what I understand only the LPF kit creates the need for valve springs early on due to back pressure and waste gate placement..
False. Both the Hellion and the LPF have back pressure problems thus they have valve float. I changed springs and no more float. So add $1500-$1700 for install and springs and hope it gets done correctly. Or if you have the talent do it yourself.

Welp boys after filing my taxes today it looks like there's a 95% chance im getting a Hellion Kit. :cheers:
:thumbsup:

Better do more research.
This.

16 psi seems to be a magic number. Its also about the minimum to run a 8 second pass. I ran into float at 17 psi. I swapped mine and even at 8 psi it hits harder now. The problem is they will progressively get worse over time.
I hit valve float at 12psi. Realizing valves were floating was a real bummer.

Gentlemen running the turbo kits, are these dedicated street/track cars or are you guys daily driving them? For whatever reason the turbo placement sketches me out and makes me think the car would run super hot.

Also considering moving to Vegas, so that's something I'm super worried about.
The turbo right in front of cylinder heads will require a nice blanket. Under hood temps will be extreme to say the least. Hellion now includes blankets for this issue but I would get the best blanket on the market if I were going this route. I decided on the Vortech JT and awaiting delivery.

francisco511

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
[MENTION=30768]Black Dog[/MENTION] So you’re ditching your lpf kit and getting a JT instead?

Sponsored

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
I had a JTB on my stock motor and ran 9.2 at 147 at 16.5 psi. Put a hellion kit on averaging 14 psi and ran 8.9 at 153. Now I have it on 15-16 and the car rips!