Sponsored

Vortech JT or Hellion Twins?

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
I didnt shim mine. I like all power adders but obviously turbo is king. If you want 8's on stock motor IMO turbo is only option. If you want a 9.20 car save some time and money get the JT.

8's and 150mph also attract lots if track officials...so then safety equipment is a huge investment.
Sponsored

SoCalTim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Sold : 15 GT
As VRP mentioned, I'd like to see an install guide on the Hellion, if there is an online guide?

Reds197

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 BASE (sold)16 LPF 62mm 16 Whipple 15 VMP MT-82
No problems with the LPF. I like the oil less turbos. I have a custom Bell 4.5 thick intercooler from the start. I am planning on 20 psi. At 15 psi or less all the intercoolers are fine. Above that its a good investment. Boostworks is on it now and LPF is using the Bell or water to air. I am not sure on Hellion. Now that we see these cars are holding decent boost I think the intercooler issue is present for all even cenrti.

rosc0w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Range Rover Sport HSE Dynamic V8SC
As VRP mentioned, I'd like to see an install guide on the Hellion, if there is an online guide?
I couldn't find an online guide either. Shoot an email to [email protected], they immediately sent me a very detailed installation guide to help identify pain points for fitment on a RHD 2018. Great support for a prospective customer. :thumbsup:

Sponsored

Swedish_Fries

Function and Form
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Guard GT
Gentlemen running the turbo kits, are these dedicated street/track cars or are you guys daily driving them? For whatever reason the turbo placement sketches me out and makes me think the car would run super hot.

Also considering moving to Vegas, so that's something I'm super worried about.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
No problems with the LPF. I like the oil less turbos. I have a custom Bell 4.5 thick intercooler from the start. I am planning on 20 psi. At 15 psi or less all the intercoolers are fine. Above that its a good investment. Boostworks is on it now and LPF is using the Bell or water to air. I am not sure on Hellion. Now that we see these cars are holding decent boost I think the intercooler issue is present for all even cenrti.
How much was the bell intercooler and did you have to modify the kit for it to work? What do your IATs look like after a 1/4 pull?

HELLION TURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Gentlemen running the turbo kits, are these dedicated street/track cars or are you guys daily driving them? For whatever reason the turbo placement sketches me out and makes me think the car would run super hot.

Also considering moving to Vegas, so that's something I'm super worried about.
Hello.

We utilize the factory fans and have no issues with heat or keeping the engine cool. We have many customers in hot environments. We are based in Abq. New Mexico and see some heat in the summer which was the basis for our testing and pre production.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Team Hellion

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
You are trying to go down the road I just did. Just go turbo and forget about it. No you do Not need a boost controller, you will need a converter change though. I put 15 psi springs in my gates and sent it. Car went 8.9 at 153 off the trailer and I got kicked off the track lol. I have only made one track pass with the Hellion kit. Ive been doing a ton of pulls on the street since the 8.9 pass and its amazing.

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Hellion just installed 62's on my Kona blue 2018 with the new 10 speed auto
I know looks are subjective but I absolutely hate the 2018 engine cover. I don’t know what ford was thinking.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Ponderthis

Ponderthis

Boost Loading...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
You are trying to go down the road I just did. Just go turbo and forget about it. No you do Not need a boost controller, you will need a converter change though. I put 15 psi springs in my gates and sent it. Car went 8.9 at 153 off the trailer and I got kicked off the track lol. I have only made one track pass with the Hellion kit. Ive been doing a ton of pulls on the street since the 8.9 pass and its amazing.
Yea I think I've made my mind up... Will definitely change converter also, I guess the real question is 55s or 62s? :)

Slamdcoop0428

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium auto
Yea I think I've made my mind up... Will definitely change converter also, I guess the real question is 55s or 62s? :)
62’s.

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
It depends what you want. These 55s come on so fast. I think the decision comes down to how fast you're trying to go.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
we can do any setup
Are you sure on that ?

If so hellion TT on a UK spec car where I can't utilise the hellion supplied headers as they don't fit the RHD model :)

Failing that a centri setup shipped to the uk please :)
Sponsored