Sponsored

VMP Odin

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Well..they sent me another throttle body. Clearly used so probably "refurbished". Plugged it in to start it up, before even cranking the car i had code u2110 and when i cranked it..p124. Car also immediately idled like crap. Looked up the codes and both seem to be related to throttle position sensor connection. Checked all my connections, and they look fine.

Test 1: i cleared the codes and unplugged throttle body. With key off engine on..u2110 code is still there. Plugged it back in, same issue. No differences plugged in or not. Brings me to the next test

Test 2: took off the throttle body, unplugged the extension plug and plugged throttle body into the factory connection, code still there, plugged in or not. I do not have my stock throttle body anymore so next test is..

Test 3: my buddy has a 2020 mustang gt. Going to try to plug in his throttle body connection into my throttlebody and see if his car throws that code with key on engine off. If it does..ill know something in the throttle body is messed up. Faulty TPS or something. Perhaps this is what the person originally sent thos throttle body in for? Who knows. All i know is its not the throttle body i sent in so who knows what this throttle body was sent in for originally.

Any other thoughts of what i can test? Lund seemed certain it's connection related. Lund and vmp are both closed till monday sooo..yeah.

I might try to pay more and have them send the 163monoblade..or see if they will sell their "midsize monoblade" that is similar to the twinjet. This monoblade is what they tested on their car and what you see in their dyno vid. Who knows why its not available.

Whiteybird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Nice. Yeah i meant the person that i quoted saying he had the cats on before.
since I have tiny cats, I just hollowed them out and had my tune revised for the delete. I’m gonna put it back on the dyno again to see if numbers changed, and try to squeeze a little more.

I’m very happy with Joe at VMP answering my questions, and getting the car running right so far. It’s just a weekend warrior car so it won’t see much track time at all. I haven’t had the issue with the throttle body, but that being said, if I upgrade the fuel system i will probably jump the throttle body up as well, just because.

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
So i went through the ford service manual dv test for this using a digital multimeter. All of my voltages and ohms check out. I checked both the factory connector and the extension vmp provides. Both seem fine. I then checked the throttle position PIDs listed in the manual. The car sees the accelerator pedal being actuated, but my throttle body and relative theottle position does not change. Voltages and angle doesn't change. The manual states if this is the case, to change the electronic throttlebody position sensor which comes attached to this throttle body. So that seems to point directly at vmp sending another faulty twinjet 69 to me.

Since this isnt the one i sent in (which is fine if it worked), and it was clearly used before, i wonder if it was sent in for the issue and not actually tested to made sure it was fixed

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My Odin is on, It made 904 SAE, only shitty thing is it goes into fail safe mode p2119 codes at WOT....i have the VMP 163R Tbody, I have a Twin 69 on the way, prolly lose some power vs the Mono but if it cures the P2119 Code then ill live with a few less ponies....

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
My Odin is on, It made 904 SAE, only shitty thing is it goes into fail safe mode p2119 codes at WOT....i have the VMP 163R Tbody, I have a Twin 69 on the way, prolly lose some power vs the Mono but if it cures the P2119 Code then ill live with a few less ponies....
That sucks. P2119 is the code my first twinjet was showing.

Did you try removing the throttle body gasket and using RTV instead?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Wow 904 whp that’s frigging awesome. How many lbs of boost?

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
I know this is an Odin thread but, wanted to post some feedback on Loki since I find very little out there.

I just wrapped installing Loki last week. Upgraded to Boundary OPG/CS too. Kit came with 56# injectors, BAP and uses stock CAI and TB, single pass HE w/ Bosch pump.

Only fitment I didn’t like is Odin has a smaller footprint VMP CAI. Loki with stock CAI has me mounting the IC degas bottle off strut tower above the dipstick. Not ideal to check oil. That’s my only gripe with installation. Otherwise, easy install.

Tuned with Lund remotely. Had dyno run today. I’m very happy with my results. Loki is making about 10.5lbs of boost.

I went with Loki because I wanted to keep as a DD and not interested in dragstrip or track. Simply for my driving enjoyment. Just my feedback fwiw.

7CE94BBB-A885-45A3-88E1-2E343A064D8A.jpeg

87CED01D-DC6E-4C83-BAF0-21E851E77575.jpeg

02A094BC-6F7B-4DB1-9FF0-C01997B75502.jpeg

Sponsored

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I know this is an Odin thread but, wanted to post some feedback on Loki since I find very little out there.

I just wrapped installing Loki last week. Upgraded to Boundary OPG/CS too. Kit came with 56# injectors, BAP and uses stock CAI and TB, single pass HE w/ Bosch pump.

Only fitment I didn’t like is Odin has a smaller footprint VMP CAI. Loki with stock CAI has me mounting the IC degas bottle off strut tower above the dipstick. Not ideal to check oil. That’s my only gripe with installation. Otherwise, easy install.

Tuned with Lund remotely. Had dyno run today. I’m very happy with my results. Loki is making about 10.5lbs of boost.

I went with Loki because I wanted to keep as a DD and not interested in dragstrip or track. Simply for my driving enjoyment. Just my feedback fwiw.

7CE94BBB-A885-45A3-88E1-2E343A064D8A.jpeg

87CED01D-DC6E-4C83-BAF0-21E851E77575.jpeg

02A094BC-6F7B-4DB1-9FF0-C01997B75502.jpeg
What made you use Lund over VMP for the tuning?

SOMDS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Prem PP1|MT6|MR, '17 Lexus IS300 f-Sport, '08 Jeep Grand Cherokee
What made you use Lund over VMP for the tuning?
I already had a Lund 93 pump gas tune on the car and didn't want to spend money to buy another ngauge for VMP to tune.

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
I already had a Lund 93 pump gas tune on the car and didn't want to spend money to buy another ngauge for VMP to tune.
Makes sense. I know most of their blower packages include the tune but I didnt think about the cost of the Nguage.
I have a VMP GEN2R tuned by them. I feel VMP knows their stuff but I’m tempted to try a Lund tune.
Had a few hiccups along the way while tuning with them. I feel my particular tuner was a bit sloppy.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
Well..they sent me another throttle body. Clearly used so probably "refurbished". Plugged it in to start it up, before even cranking the car i had code u2110 and when i cranked it..p124. Car also immediately idled like crap. Looked up the codes and both seem to be related to throttle position sensor connection. Checked all my connections, and they look fine.

Test 1: i cleared the codes and unplugged throttle body. With key off engine on..u2110 code is still there. Plugged it back in, same issue. No differences plugged in or not. Brings me to the next test

Test 2: took off the throttle body, unplugged the extension plug and plugged throttle body into the factory connection, code still there, plugged in or not. I do not have my stock throttle body anymore so next test is..

Test 3: my buddy has a 2020 mustang gt. Going to try to plug in his throttle body connection into my throttlebody and see if his car throws that code with key on engine off. If it does..ill know something in the throttle body is messed up. Faulty TPS or something. Perhaps this is what the person originally sent thos throttle body in for? Who knows. All i know is its not the throttle body i sent in so who knows what this throttle body was sent in for originally.

Any other thoughts of what i can test? Lund seemed certain it's connection related. Lund and vmp are both closed till monday sooo..yeah.

I might try to pay more and have them send the 163monoblade..or see if they will sell their "midsize monoblade" that is similar to the twinjet. This monoblade is what they tested on their car and what you see in their dyno vid. Who knows why its not available.
I put my kit on drove it for a few miles to do d data log and got the same code. went back home unplugged TB and cleared codes then got my log in so far no more issues,
Sponsored