VMP Odin

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
also to note..today while driving around i had a slight sputter and it went into limp mode.

Codes p2112 and p2119. Throttle body codes. Some research on those will show that whipples superchargers and throttle bodies sometimes have this issue. I suppose with the gasket being too thick and the clearances being too tight. Once it all reaches a certain temperature the throttle body components expand and that small increase causes issues with how it opens up. At least thats how i understand it. Removing the gasket and using rtv seems to cure the issue.

It appears this is also an issue with the odin, as it and the whipple seem similar by design. I removed the gasket and applied black high temp rtv for a better seal. Will test it out tomorrow. Farmers tape helped make it less messy.

Snapchat-369081713.jpg

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
also to note..today while driving around i had a slight sputter and it went into limp mode.

Codes p2112 and p2119. Throttle body codes. Some research on those will show that whipples superchargers and throttle bodies sometimes have this issue. I suppose with the gasket being too thick and the clearances being too tight. Once it all reaches a certain temperature the throttle body components expand and that small increase causes issues with how it opens up. At least thats how i understand it. Removing the gasket and using rtv seems to cure the issue.

It appears this is also an issue with the odin, as it and the whipple seem similar by design. I removed the gasket and applied black high temp rtv for a better seal. Will test it out tomorrow. Farmers tape helped make it less messy.

Snapchat-369081713.jpg
Thank you for all the feedback and info!

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
after some issues and codes p2119 (throttle body stuck open). P0556 (brake booster), p2198 (bank 2 o2 sensor biased/stuck rich), and me smoke testing for any vacuum leaks, checking o2 wires, etc etc, alex at lund said it seems to be a faulty throttle body and there seems to be a bad batch of the twinjet 69 lately. Contacted vmp and they gave me a form to fill out and a shipping label to exchange for a new one. Will update once the new one gets here and ses if it fixed things. Fingers crossed.

Considering upgrading to the 163monoblade throttle body if the price isnt too crazy different, to hopefullg avoid this issue in the fufure. The twinblade doesnt seem to be the greatest of designs from what ive experienced/read/been told.

Whiteybird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
My build is in the final stages of being wrapped up.

Street tune on 93 made 666
Strip tune on 93+BOOSTane made 765

This is on the base ODIN kit, no fuel system upgrade. I decided against it as E85 around me isn't reliable. I may do the upgrade in the future, but this is plenty for now.

Making one last pull to make sure everything is in line. Going to try and hit the track with it in a few weeks to see what it does.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
My build is in the final stages of being wrapped up.

Street tune on 93 made 666
Strip tune on 93+BOOSTane made 765
Holy crap!
Adding just Boostane to the tank helps make that much power??!?! :surprised:

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I just have long tubes with cats and factory resonator and factory active exhaust. I didn’t want it obnoxious loud
For sure. Mine is very loud. Im mostly interested to see lund and vmp tune comparison. Mine is catless though but should still be somewhat of a comparison.

Whiteybird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
For sure. Mine is very loud. Im mostly interested to see lund and vmp tune comparison. Mine is catless though but should still be somewhat of a comparison.
after speaking with my shop and a few others, I’m going to go ahead and fab up cat deletes for my long tubes, and see if it will crack 800 to the wheel. Still keeping my stock resonator and active mufflers from the factory.

last tweak we got 774/600 out of it.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
I Ordered my Kit from lethal performance and got a crazy good deal 7730.00 with spark plugs and 170 degree thermostat. I can't wait.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
after speaking with my shop and a few others, I’m going to go ahead and fab up cat deletes for my long tubes, and see if it will crack 800 to the wheel. Still keeping my stock resonator and active mufflers from the factory.

last tweak we got 774/600 out of it.
Yeah i wouldnt want to risk melting the cats on it. Nice though!