Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 10.26.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-08-09 at 10.28.31 AM.png

Shady as hell, especially since my first post which exposed this on page one was removed??? Watch this video and you'll see at 55 seconds they dyno this with no intake at all open throttle body, you can see it open and close on the dyno run. They don't seem to mention this when they call out the dyno number...REALLY SHADY!!!

EDIT I wonder how long it will take for this to be removed?
Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Are you saying this is Fake news? After seeing stangmodes car run low 9’s I don't see why a reputable shop like VMP would go outta their way to fudge #’s..

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
Are you saying this is Fake news? After seeing stangmodes car run low 9’s I don't see why a reputable shop like VMP would go outta their way to fudge #’s..
Just look at the screen shot and then the video attached and watch at 55 seconds. Why would they never mention in the entire video sales pitch it's run with open throttle body , no intake no filter nothing? Deceiving sales pitch in this video is all I'm saying.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
They don’t mention it because they know you can see it doesn’t have an intake on it. And if you can see it In the video then They know that you know to subtract the power you would lose by using an intake whatever that # might be. Look at it in reverse i have a Procharger D1x, they advertise their power with intakes on. They also know that if you use a turbo screen on it ( no intake), you will make another pound of boost but they don’t advertise that. Is that deception? No. Its not deception because its visible in the video. Deception is editing that scene out and claiming that # as if it had an intake on it and finding out later it was done without an intake..

Roh92cp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
OW GTPP Whipple
They don’t mention it because they know you can see it doesn’t have an intake on it. And if you can see it In the video then They know that you know to subtract the power you would lose by using an intake whatever that # might be. Look at it in reverse i have a Procharger D1x, they advertise their power with intakes on. They also know that if you use a turbo screen on it ( no intake), you will make another pound of boost but they don’t advertise that. Is that deception? No. Its not deception because its visible in the video. Deception is editing that scene out and claiming that # as if it had an intake on it and finding out later it was done without an intake..
Sure

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I dont like to immediately point fingers or assume the worst in the situation. Maybe there is a reason for them to have the intake off the car at the time. Maybe heat (they are in florida), i dont see a fan in the pic, etc etc. Im not a pro on this but there is probably/hopefully a good reason for it. I dont get the idea they were trying to decieve or anything.

I do think it's weird the kits seem to come with a bosch water pump now instead of their advertised brushless one in the "whats in the box" as well as the 2018 install video. They then used the bosch in the 2017 video, so again, maybe a good reason for it.

I agree with this.

SVOBullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 301A A10, Steeda Stop The Hop, Minimum drop springs, Pro action shocks and struts, UPR Vertical Links, spherical bearings, Steeda Xpipe , VMP Odin 88 MM pulley, Lund Tuned
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Guess we will see once some other cars get dynoed, I'm having mine installed and dyno tuned so I'll know first hand and be happy to share good or bad.

morgande

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP Ingot Silver | 2013 Ford F150
Can the strut tower brace fit?

ALLKHEINZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I ordered an Odin 2 days ago after I heard about 8-10 weeks wait for Whipples. If it performs like it does on Stangmodes car then Im fine im just looking for a Mid 9 sec reliable car especially with the 10r80 not being able to take much more IMO. I dont care about all the Drama, Whipple would already have my $10k in there hands if the wait wasnt as long, my Odin will ship this week be on my car in the next 10-14 days for me to run out the rest of the season with boost....

Sponsored

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered an Odin 2 days ago after I heard about 8-10 weeks wait for Whipples. If it performs like it does on Stangmodes car then Im fine im just looking for a Mid 9 sec reliable car especially with the 10r80 not being able to take much more IMO. I dont care about all the Drama, Whipple would already have my $10k in there hands if the wait wasnt as long, my Odin will ship this week be on my car in the next 10-14 days for me to run out the rest of the season with boost....
Nice, you gonna build the trans to handle the power?

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Redid fhe timing again. Boundary had improper marks on the crank sprockef.

Odin is back together and running well. Feels great. Waiting on my new wheels to get here to really get on it though.

Can the strut tower brace fit?
I dont think so. Ill try to see if my old one will though

OniVita

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matar
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang S550 PP
Has anyone noticed "powered by Magnuson" on top of Odin?? What does that mean?

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited: