Sponsored

VMP Odin

NastyPumpkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Boosted Mustang GT

Definitely NOT China and so what if it was. My China Built MT82 works great. The phone y’all are using is likely from China as well.
Video shows the g3 being Assembled here but not being made (machining). Yeah, these overpriced IPhones made in China are junk!
Sponsored

tyoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT ROUSH SC PP
Maybe, but only for people duped by it.

When VMP started putting their name on TVS blowers, I'm not sure anyone didn't know it wasn't just a rebrand with their flavor of supporting components. It's still the Eaton TVS at it's heart. It's no different than Roush (who does the same thing).

it's like Dewalt. Dewalt makes very little of their own stuff. They just buy a lot of products from other manufacturers and slap their name and brand color on it and sell it. You can literally put some Dewalt generators right next to a Honda and they're the same generator, just a different color and name. If they've made the appropriate arrangements with the base manufacturer no big deal.

Then the lines get blurry with things like "assemblies." Is the Fore or Lethal fuel system REALLY their own stuff? No, it's a kit of combined components made by other people (like Division X, TI, etc).

It's a little unfair to say VMP is ripping anyone off when it's common knowledge they don't make the heart of the blower. They do however add value by doing the research into what porting and changing of the support components results in an improved product.

Eventually if Jokerz or Kong decided to sell blowers with their name on it, again, they'd be selling a base component that's modified with their own research, time, sweat and money poured into it (rather than just a service that modifies the part).

Aftermarket "tuners" are the same breed. Saleen, Roush, Ligenfelter, Hennessey, hell even Shelby American all take someone else's product and make it different/better with a combination of tweaks and parts/pieces and sell it with their own label. Does that mean they're ripping off Ford?
I think the general public know that VMP really only put their name on the case. Its just an Eaton or Magnusson rotor pack.

I think they really made a mistake trying to patent a port job. This whole MFP drama is a bit stupid too because you could just come out and say "MFP wanted too much, and we've gone through a different route to save costs." In the end its a business and I understand that. However Jason Teixeira and MFP would probably agree that VMP is run by some sketchy people.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I think the general public know that VMP really only put their name on the case. Its just an Eaton or Magnusson rotor pack.

I think they really made a mistake trying to patent a port job. This whole MFP drama is a bit stupid too because you could just come out and say "MFP wanted too much, and we've gone through a different route to save costs." In the end its a business and I understand that. However Jason Teixeira and MFP would probably agree that VMP is run by some sketchy people.
I've had no dealings with them. But I would agree. Either they're sketchy or they haven't had the business sense to manage their reputation. But calling them ripoff because they resell stuff with their flavor isn't fair to them. Not saying that absolves them of anything, just pointing out that half the aftermarket marketplace for everything from firearms to jet skis to automobiles and parts is resellers and modifiers.

I could see it if they took say and MGW shifter, did nothing to it, painted their logo on it and resold it (without permission). But what they're doing isn't any different than a big portion of the marketplace.

Whether or not they screw over people or take advantage, or whatevs, I guess that remains to be seen (or hard verified). But I do concede it all seems pretty sketchy. We won't really know unless an insider reveals all the facts.

Also, this isn't the first time this has happened to MFP and I don't see all the Karen's coming out of the woodwork against ProCharger. It seems they finally worked out their differences and from the outside what it APPEARS like is that Procharger called their bluff/offer, decided to make on their own and maybe MFP came back down to earth and offered to make them for a more reasonable cut. who knows, but when it happens a couple of times, you have to start wondering what MFP is demanding to get stuffed in the ass more than once in a couple of years.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Maybe, but only for people duped by it.

When VMP started putting their name on TVS blowers, I'm not sure anyone didn't know it wasn't just a rebrand with their flavor of supporting components. It's still the Eaton TVS at it's heart. It's no different than Roush (who does the same thing).

it's like Dewalt. Dewalt makes very little of their own stuff. They just buy a lot of products from other manufacturers and slap their name and brand color on it and sell it. You can literally put some Dewalt generators right next to a Honda and they're the same generator, just a different color and name. If they've made the appropriate arrangements with the base manufacturer no big deal.

Then the lines get blurry with things like "assemblies." Is the Fore or Lethal fuel system REALLY their own stuff? No, it's a kit of combined components made by other people (like Division X, TI, etc).

It's a little unfair to say VMP is ripping anyone off when it's common knowledge they don't make the heart of the blower. They do however add value by doing the research into what porting and changing of the support components results in an improved product.

Eventually if Jokerz or Kong decided to sell blowers with their name on it, again, they'd be selling a base component that's modified with their own research, time, sweat and money poured into it (rather than just a service that modifies the part).

Aftermarket "tuners" are the same breed. Saleen, Roush, Ligenfelter, Hennessey, hell even Shelby American all take someone else's product and make it different/better with a combination of tweaks and parts/pieces and sell it with their own label. Does that mean they're ripping off Ford?
I agree with most of your reply.
Other than you left out an "n" in "Lingenfelter". Obviously a stupid thing to point out, but it's my last name so i felt the need. lol

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Looks like an Odin installation video for the 2015-2017 mustangs just come out. So I guess people can start buying that soon.

My 2018+ Odin kit arrived today. For some reason they sent dw95 injectors instead of FIC1000s. They even crossed it out on the paper and wrote in dw95. Not sure what happened there.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Looks like an Odin installation video for the 2015-2017 mustangs just come out. So I guess people can start buying that soon.

My 2018+ Odin kit arrived today. For some reason they sent dw95 injectors instead of FIC1000s. They even crossed it out on the paper and wrote in dw95. Not sure what happened there.
They seem to be the same capacity, the 1000cc converts to 95.2 pounds. I've heard of both brands but dont know enough to know if there is any significant quality difference. Price appears roughly the same. Glad you got your odin. Keep us updated on the install.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
They seem to be the same capacity, the 1000cc converts to 95.2 pounds. I've heard of both brands but dont know enough to know if there is any significant quality difference. Price appears roughly the same. Glad you got your odin. Keep us updated on the install.
Yeah VMP responded and said they are interchangeable and that the FIC1000 were not available, so they send one or the other. Not a big deal, was just curious.

Will do for sure! im finishing up with the OPG/CS install right now, so i should have time to install odin soon hopefully

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
2019 PP1 car here

ODIN kit, support mods, and pump gas is going on in 10 days. I can update if there is any interest. So far the staff has been nothing but helpful. It will be a simple/reliable (hopefully) build.
Awesome, I'd love to hear thoughts and results after you get it installed!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
15-17 gt Odin complete install video:

Sponsored

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT

Mod list VMP Odin Kit (88mm Pulley, 93 Octane) and an LTH Cat back

707rwhp/ 533 rwtq STD Correction

OP
OP
Jester46

Jester46

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jed
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
2019 PP1 car here

ODIN kit, support mods, and pump gas is going on in 10 days. I can update if there is any interest. So far the staff has been nothing but helpful. It will be a simple/reliable (hopefully) build.
Not sure if you watched Stangmodes last youtube video. He shredded a couple belts, apparently there are some pretty tight clearances in a couple areas. Your feedback will be great once you get your install complete.

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Not sure if you watched Stangmodes last youtube video. He shredded a couple belts, apparently there are some pretty tight clearances in a couple areas. Your feedback will be great once you get your install complete.
I saw that and will share my experience as well. Hoping to be done in the next day or so

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
Anyone know which catch can will work best for this? UPR?
Sponsored