VMP Odin coolant question

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT performance package
Hi everyone , just had the Odin kit installed on my 17. Last two days I’ve noticed my IATs are higher then normal. Up to 155 Sunday and Monday. Checked the ice tank and the coolant seems low. Lower then the hoses. There’s no leaks on the ground. I turned the car on for about a minute to see if there’s any circulation of the coolant but no movement. Now that can be because the coolant is so low. I’m a both to put more in but my question is how long after I start my car should I see movement in the tank? Also for anyone who has this kit do you know which fuse would be for the intercooler pump? Last result of the fuse is good is I guess my pump went bad. Barely had this kit for a month. I posted something on a Facebook page for S550 but a lot of those folks seem to want to talk smack more then help. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
Sponsored

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
Have you reached out to your installer or VMP for help?

OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
Have you reached out to your installer or VMP for help?
I not yet I didn’t want to bother anyone that’s why I was hoping for some advice or others experiences with the same kit.

OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
My real concern is if it is the intercooler pump am I safe to drive while I wait for it as long as I’m not in boost?

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I not yet I didn’t want to bother anyone that’s why I was hoping for some advice or others experiences with the same kit.
Hey bud same thing happened to me. I took it back to the shop and they said the pump was working intermittently(whatever that means) and had it fixed same day. Basically pump wasn’t pumping.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
Hey bud same thing happened to me. I took it back to the shop and they said the pump was working intermittently(whatever that means) and had it fixed same day. Basically pump wasn’t pumping.

do u have the Odin as well? Any issues after they fixed it?

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My real concern is if it is the intercooler pump am I safe to drive while I wait for it as long as I’m not in boost?
I drove mine around for about 2 days. No long drives maybe 30min max. Just enough to get me to work.

Gabefuu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
A bunch of issues 🤣 had it installed 6 months ago and I’m still trying to get it figured out. But I’m sure it was mostly the install that was the issue and not the kit itself. I made a post about my experience.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I get wanting advice or experience from others but to wouldn’t hesitate to reach out to the installer or the company producing the product for help especially since each one of them made money of your purchase and install.

Proshop

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
I would drive it as little as possible until you can figure out exactly what’s going on and have it fixed. Definitely don’t wanna fry your 11k investment or worse…

Sponsored
OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
A bunch of issues 🤣 had it installed 6 months ago and I’m still trying to get it figured out. But I’m sure it was mostly the install that was the issue and not the kit itself. I made a post about my experience.
Ok I’ll have to look for it

JLTH2183

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT PP
You should see coolant flow immediately after starting or with key on position. I too have VMP Odin with ice tank and there is immediate flow all the time that can be seen/heard through clear cap on ice tank.

OP
OP

Superman112

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rafael
Vehicle(s)
You should see coolant flow immediately after starting or with key on position. I too have VMP Odin with ice tank and there is immediate flow all the time that can be seen/heard through clear cap on ice tank.
Ok thanks I put more in cause the coolant level was below the hoses I added more so I’ll turn the car on and see. I only found 1 extra fuse I. The fuse box and it still looked in tact. Hope it wasn’t the pump, hopefully VMP will send me a new one.
Sponsored