Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
You may want to look at the pic on post # 118 the paint marks are yellow. And that was a great Driveline vibration article,Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Ordered my replacement vehicle today. My dealer couldn't find exactly the configuration I wanted (see below) within 500 miles. There weren't even any cars on order or in transit that met these specs, so ordering was the only option. It might work out well, though; it's due to arrive close to the holidays, so there might be some good financing incentives! WOO HOO!

Last edited:

mculver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang Mach 1, 1969 Boss 302, 2016 GT
I am experiencing the vibration in my 2016 GT. I keep telling myself it is in my head but the rear view mirror is blurry because of the high frequency vibration and I can feel it when i touch the rear view mirror. It does not feel like a wheel out of balance and I originally thought it was maybe a rumble in the car that feels like a vibration until I noticed the blurred mirror. Also confirmed after reading this thread that it exists. I hate to have the dealer start ripping parts off the car to replace. I have not read all the posts but it look like there is not any solutions or success stories yet?? Any additional thoughts. I just PMed Ford Service for direction.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I am experiencing the vibration in my 2016 GT. I keep telling myself it is in my head but the rear view mirror is blurry because of the high frequency vibration and I can feel it when i touch the rear view mirror. It does not feel like a wheel out of balance and I originally thought it was maybe a rumble in the car that feels like a vibration until I noticed the blurred mirror. Also confirmed after reading this thread that it exists. I hate to have the dealer start ripping parts off the car to replace. I have not read all the posts but it look like there is not any solutions or success stories yet?? Any additional thoughts. I just PMed Ford Service for direction.
Sorry to hear that, Mike. No, not much in the way of a solution yet. It might be worth your while to read through this sad thread when you have a few hours to kill, just so you know what to expect. Fingers crossed that you have a good dealer that will work with you on this.

Feel free to vent here; we feel your pain!

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I am experiencing the vibration in my 2016 GT. I keep telling myself it is in my head but the rear view mirror is blurry because of the high frequency vibration and I can feel it when i touch the rear view mirror. It does not feel like a wheel out of balance and I originally thought it was maybe a rumble in the car that feels like a vibration until I noticed the blurred mirror.
Is the vibration still there if you pop it into neutral and then coast down the road?

Sponsored

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Ordered my replacement vehicle today. My dealer couldn't find exactly the configuration I wanted (see below) within 500 miles. There weren't even any cars on order or in transit that met these specs, so ordering was the only option. It might work out well, though; it's due to arrive close to the holidays, so there might be some good financing incentives! WOO HOO!
Nice... congrats. Did Ford make you go through the whole Lemon law procedure or just agree to buy it back since they couldn't fix it? I'd be terrified of getting another car with the same problem since you can't test drive it before ordering. I think my car had the vibration from day 1 but I didn't notice it until I'd driven it a few days and gotten used to the car. Plus, my car came with 40 lbs of air in the tires so it was pretty rough.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Nice... congrats. Did Ford make you go through the whole Lemon law procedure or just agree to buy it back since they couldn't fix it? I'd be terrified of getting another car with the same problem since you can't test drive it before ordering. I think my car had the vibration from day 1 but I didn't notice it until I'd driven it a few days and gotten used to the car. Plus, my car came with 40 lbs of air in the tires so it was pretty rough.
Thanks! Yeah, Ford fought it the whole way, but the BBB called BS. Fortunately, I didn't have to sign anything or put down a deposit on the new one because of the circumstances. If it doesn't pass my personal inspection, I don't have to accept it.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
You may want to look at the pic on post # 118 the paint marks are yellow. And that was a great Driveline vibration article,Thanks
I crawled under again and the yellow dots are lined up... or as close as you can get them.

NOT12RN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red base GT PP
Add me to the list! I described this just as the thread states 50-70, with it being the worst right at 60. Took it to the dealer and that was how I had the service writer write it up. They then confirmed it the same way as well and even told me they found this problem on an earlier delivered car that they then transferred to another dealer before fixing it. His first attempt to fix it was to remove some excess substance that apparently holds the driveshaft in place as it goes down the assembly line before the bolts are driven in. An action he said was suggested to them by ford on the first car, they also tried to balance and "rotate" (I have a PP car) He explained this to me and said it helped but it was still noticeable enough it him to warrant a new drive shaft. While there to pick it up between the time it would take to get the new driveshaft in, I asked could it be a carrier barring if it had a 2 piece DS, to which he replied its not a 2 piece. No argument ensued. Took it back for the new DS once it was in and the service guy said it again helped but did not fix it, so the next step would be to get Ford involved and that he would get back to me by the end of the week. That was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since.

Last edited:

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Add me to the list! I described this just as the thread states 50-70, with it being the worst right at 60. Took it to the dealer and that was how I had the service writer write it up. They then confirmed it the same way as well and even told me they found this problem on an earlier delivered car that they then transferred to another dealer before fixing it. His first attempt to fix it was to remove some excess substance that apparently holds the driveshaft in place as it goes down the assembly line before the bolts are driven in. An action he said was suggested to them by ford on the first car, they also tried to balance and "rotate" (I have a PP car) He explained this to me and said it helped but it was still noticeable enough it him to warrant a new drive shaft. While there to pick it up between the time it would take to get the new driveshaft in, I asked could it be a carrier barring if it had a 2 piece DS, to which he replied its not a 2 piece. No argument ensued. Took it back for the new DS once it was in and the service guy said it again helped but did not fix it, so the next step would be to get Ford involved and that he would get back to me by the end of the week. That was almost 3 weeks ago and I haven't heard from them since.
I would say after driving mine for a few days that it is 80% better. Very nice at 65-70 now and vibration is at higher speed- peaks at 75-77 but not as bad as originally. So, the new DS did help, but didn't totally fix it. Several people have said that a new DS fixed theirs but the vibration came back in 1000-2000 miles. I need to go back to the dealer and talk to them about it but I don't have time for the constant back and forth, rental car pick up, etc.

Sponsored

NOT12RN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Race Red base GT PP
So, what if it "is" a 2 piece w/ a carrier barring, that would usually come with a new driveshaft, right? Maybe that's is what is giving up after a few miles of use?

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
So, what if it "is" a 2 piece w/ a carrier barring, that would usually come with a new driveshaft, right? Maybe that's is what is giving up after a few miles of use?
It definitely is a 2 piece with a bearing. Let them put it in and see what happens. It might fix it. You at least have to give them a chance and get it on record that they tried. if it doesn't fix it, try another dealer. The bigger dealer I bought my car from doesn't have the vibration measuring kit that they really need to diagnose these problems but the tiny dealer in my town does. So I may take it to them next since I'm friends with one of the mechanics there.

GatorStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Some good news, two months after taking my 2015 EcoBoost to a new dealer for the recall and investigating the vibration, a new differential was installed yesterday and the car rides MUCH better. Vibration is essentially gone, and my rearview mirror doesn't shake much at all. Before installing the new differential, they tried 2 adjustments of the driveshaft, then replaced the driveshaft. None of that worked until Ford approved the new differential.

The service repair tech said they had test driven another 2015 EB on their lot and it had the same issue as my car. Hope everyone that's on here trying to get their car fixed gets it done.

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Finally took mine to the dealer after speaking with customer care representative today, they opening an engineering case or whatever. Service writer told me they didn't explain specifically what they will check or do so I guess I will have to wait for the news. I am glad I finally got their attention now I just hope it is fixed right and in a timely manner.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Stopped at the dealer today since I was in the area and talked to the service manager. He said that the Ford field service engineer was stopping by to look at another issue but he would talk to him about my car and call me. Seemed like a decent guy who really wanted to get the problem solved.
After only 200 miles since the new DS, the vibration is noticeably worse. Bad sign...
Sponsored