Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Just got home from my dealer. Dropped it off this morning and my service writer told me he had a tech drive it and now they have taken it to the front end shop(told him they would check the tires first lol), he said they aren't quite sure what direction to go and that my car is the first with vibration like it has that haas come in and is a 2015. So hopefully they find something out and I'm sure they will go down the list of wat I gave them as far as possible causes and fixes from this thread. I seriously do not hope they jack me around like some of you guys, no man should be forced to drive a Malibu rental car -_-

But in all seriousness I hope they call hq sooner than later and get some solid support.
Sponsored

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
They have determined that it is not related to wheels tires or suspension, and have moved it to the driveline area lol. Service writer said they are backed up and i will probably be at the same spot come monday..

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
Well the service manager from our dealership called us. His recommendation is to call Ford and start the lemon procedure. He said they have now had the vehicle longer than it has been in our driveway. The car is only 2 months old and he doesn't think they are going to be able to fix it. I can't believe that Ford does not have a fix or a resolution for this vibration issue since we are not the only ones having this issue. We really like the car and don't want to get rid of it and I for sure don't want to get rid of my GT but if they can't fix my wife's EB then they probably won't be able to fix mine either.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Well the service manager from our dealership called us. His recommendation is to call Ford and start the lemon procedure. He said they have now had the vehicle longer than it has been in our driveway. The car is only 2 months old and he doesn't think they are going to be able to fix it. I can't believe that Ford does not have a fix or a resolution for this vibration issue since we are not the only ones having this issue. We really like the car and don't want to get rid of it and I for sure don't want to get rid of my GT but if they can't fix my wife's EB then they probably won't be able to fix mine either.
Yeah, it really is crazy. Ford needs to send some real experts out to look at some of these cars and do some pretty high level trouble-shooting. I just can't believe they can't find the root cause. :headbonk:

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
I have read some other posts that installed a one piece drive shaft pretty much resolves the issue. They are pretty expensive though and the consumer should not have to come out of pocket $1k to make the car not vibrate. I would love to know if a one piece driveshaft would fix the issue though. I wonder if I could get my local dealership to get one and put it in.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It's a very strange problem. Yes, some guys say a 1 piece drive shaft has worked for them, and others have said a whole new differential has also worked for some.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Well the service manager from our dealership called us. His recommendation is to call Ford and start the lemon procedure.
Wait...what? :eyebulge:

He said they have now had the vehicle longer than it has been in our driveway.
:rant:

The car is only 2 months old and he doesn't think they are going to be able to fix it.
I have no words... :tsk:

It looks like Ford has gone straight from denial of the issue to just giving up. It would have been nice if they had spent a minute on, oh, I dunno....maybe thinking up a solution?

I would love to know how many cars they will have to replace before they consider it worthwhile to solve the problem. Pretty sad when the dealer is the one suggesting the use of the Lemon Law!

I feel really sorry for Ford engineers. I would be willing to bet that the engineers red-flagged this issue years ago, but couldn't convince the mouth-breathers in management to spend the R&D money to get it done right the first time.

Call the BBB and get the process started; you shouldn't have any trouble getting a replacement or repurchase. However, you will get dinged for the miles you put on the car up until the date of the hearing, so the sooner you file, the less you will lose. Best of luck, and keep us posted on the outcome!

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
It's a very strange problem. Yes, some guys say a 1 piece drive shaft has worked for them, and others have said a whole new differential has also worked for some.
They replaced the diff on my wife's car and there was no change. They also changed out the driveshaft and tried balancing the wheels and tried new wheels/tires. It actually got worse after they swapped out the driveshaft than it was prior.

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
They replaced the diff on my wife's car and there was no change. They also changed out the driveshaft and tried balancing the wheels and tried new wheels/tires. It actually got worse after they swapped out the driveshaft than it was prior.
But we have members here screaming change the diff first will fix it. Need to check other things first then just throw part it hope it fixes it doesn't work that way. Even my 11 GT had vibration changed bearings because carrier bearings rough. I end up putting in solid pinion spacer in had to put it to tight side of the spec got most of vibration out. Should have went little tighter and no 1 piece driveshaft didn't fix vibration either. I think pinion is deflecting under load cause of vibration. But with S550 or super 8.8 pinion is bigger so that shouldn't be issue now.

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Yeah we are too. We just got rid of a Dodge vehicle under the lemon law because Dodge could not fix the infotainment system so they did a buy back on it. This Mustang was the replacement for that and now it is having an issue that the dealership is having trouble fixing. They already swapped out the wheels and tires and driveshaft. Those were the first two visits and we are now on our third visit. In VA all it takes is 3 attempts at the same repair with no resolution within the first 18 months and it is eligible for lemon law. These companies have got to stop producing crap and giving it out to the public.

Have they replaced the half shafts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
Have they replaced the half shafts?

Not that I am aware no. I will ask the service manager today when I talk to him.

Oxwhite5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford white 2015 GT
Called my service advisor today.. He said the tech drove another mustang that has around the same miles as mine ~2000, and he said it does the same thing. Hes having a new one pulled off the lot to compare them to each other.

I'm hoping they dont pass it off as normal because its clearly not normal, I feel like im gonna get shafted like alot of other people are lol. I have talked to Deysha and made her aware that my car is in service as well.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Wish I had found this thread a week ago before I bought my Ecoboost AT. Definitely has the dreaded vibration at highway speed. One of my friends is a Ford tech and he rode in it with me today and verified that it is not normal. The painful part is that I traded in a 2012 Civic with 80K miles that was basically flawless with no issues. Makes me wish I could undo the deal but I'm sure the paperwork is already processed.

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Just want to reply to DRding had the same vibration and they replaced my driveshaft and it was the same or worse. I am a Auto Tech- 30 years. I put the car on my lift after the new drive shaft was installed and the paint match marks on the drive shaft and pinion flange were not lined up. I changed the clock position and lined up the paint marks and the vibration is gone. I wouldnt bother with the halfshafts they dont spin fast enough to typically cause a vibration,the drive shaft spins 3 times as fast as the half shafts. And yes the original drive shaft paint marks were lined up.

Blacklaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Just want to reply to DRding had the same vibration and they replaced my driveshaft and it was the same or worse. I am a Auto Tech- 30 years. I put the car on my lift after the new drive shaft was installed and the paint match marks on the drive shaft and pinion flange were not lined up. I changed the clock position and lined up the paint marks and the vibration is gone. I wouldnt bother with the halfshafts they dont spin fast enough to typically cause a vibration,the drive shaft spins 3 times as fast as the half shafts. And yes the original drive shaft paint marks were lined up.

They replaced my drive shaft twice and the half shafts, then the differential assembly. Nothing happened after the drive shaft replacement, but only when the differential assembly the replaced did the vibration stop.

Sponsored