Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

j0weave6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Guard
I got the same thing going on now. Thought it was the tires. Got them re-balanced a few hours ago, still vibration. But being in the UK with an American car makes this even worse. Wish I could just take it to the dealership but I'm not sure they would know what to do with it.
Sponsored

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Update on mine. They finally hooked up a vibration analyzer and confirmed that it was driveline related. They pulled the diff apart and measured everything, but it all cam back good. It has now been bumped to Ford to see what they want to do next. Small progress is still progress I guess.

BV600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Hopefully Ford does something my dealer told me im SOL until Ford comes out with a TSB.

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Deep Impact Blue
New ring and pinion ordered, hope to have the car back mid next week.

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang 051A 3.7, 13 Edge 3.5, 13 F-150 5.0,
1stFord....It will be very interesting to see if that fixes your problem after all the measurements they did and came up with nothing! And if there were no filings in the diff case what can be wrong with it? This is a puzzle for sure!

Sponsored

flyboy34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Just had my drive shaft replaced and did not solve the problem. Will bring car back to dealer next week and leave so they can contact Ford and come up with some kind of resolution.:frusty:

turtleboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 EB
Totally forgot about this when I was going for a test drive before I took delivery. I've driven about 250 highway miles since yesterday and dont feel any vibrations on my EB auto PP.

1994Redfire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP Ruby Red
My vibration started around 1500 miles. The vibration would start at 50mph through the steering wheel, gas pedal and seat. After about 5000 miles, once I go above 70mph the rear view mirror starts vibrating. I was hoping for a TSB to come out, but I took my car into the dealership on May 29th. They felt the vibration and gave me a loaner car. I called them on Monday and the service manager said they had a new driveshaft on order. The service manager called me back on Thursday June 4th and said the new driveshaft did not fix the problem. The mechanic contacted Ford and they recommended checking the axels and differential. The service manager said they would get the problem fixed. I just hope it does not take many more weeks to resolve.

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gentlemen...Mine continues to run just fine with the replacement aluminum one piece DSS DS!

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

Sponsored

flyboy34

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Gentlemen...Mine continues to run just fine with the replacement aluminum one piece DSS DS!
Just curious what did the drive shaft cost and how much labor?

Old Ford Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Drive Shaft Shop one piece 1,000 hp rated aluminum shaft was $799.95 freight pd. I did it myself as I have my own hoist...pretty straight forward if you have your own tools and such. You have to disconnect the exhaust system and move it out of the way....DS part is real simple. You could do it on jack stands....but they always scare me.....too many guys crushed that way!

billq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 V6 Auto 051 Package
I'm in the middle of having my highway speed vibration checked out. First noticed it on a long trip that just about buzzed my hands asleep at the wheel. Had it balanced at a dealership after reaching my destination at 500kms. Had the same vibration on the return 500 km trip.
Went to dealership here where I bought the car, they drove it & said right off the bat... drivetrain, let's replace the driveshaft. They got a new one [backordered for over a week] & and I still have a vibration, but a slightly different kind, I think. Service agrees, did a road force balance and one wheel is "outside spec". Ford Canada offers this... put a new Goodyear tire on it and we'll see what happens next. Tuesday will tell the tale.
I'm delaying another long trip for a while until all avenues are exhausted! :)
BTW, I had an 11 V6 auto before this. In five years, no vibration.

Last edited:
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
I'm in the middle of having my highway speed vibration checked out. First noticed it on a long trip that just about buzzed my hands asleep at the wheel. Had it balanced at a dealership after reaching my destination at 500kms. Had the same vibration on the return 500 km trip.
Went to dealership here where I bought the car, they drove it & said right off the bat... drivetrain, let's replace the driveshaft. They got a new one [backordered for over a week] & and I still have a vibration, but a slightly different kind, I think. Service agrees, did a road force balance and one wheel is "outside spec". Ford Canada offers this... put a new Goodyear tire on it and we'll see what happens next. Tuesday will tell the tale.
I'm delaying another long trip for a while until all avenues are exhausted! :)
BTW, I had an 11 V6 auto before this. In five years, no vibration.
Fingers crossed for ya! Please keep us updated.

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Hey billq sounds just like my experience.Did you read my post # 213. Still can't decide if its fixed or just 90 % better.May have a little vibration or it could be just road/tire noise.
Sponsored