Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

BV600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Yes I might try another dealership if I can get time off. I will be caling them back tomorrow
Sponsored

888mustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V-6 051A 6spd,95 Mustang GT Vert
Bad news,I had the new drive shaft installed today and there is no change,same vibration.They rechecked the balance on a road force balancer and I have 1 bad tire. Picking up Thursday but not to confident that it will be fixed,I still think its drive line related.. but hoping the tire will fix it...I will keep posting as this is not something I can live with so it will get fixed. The dealer has been great so far lets hope that continues.

Last edited:
OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Bad news,I had the new drive shaft installed today and there is no change,same vibration.They rechecked the balance on a road force balancer and I have 1 bad tire. Picking up Thursday but not to confident that it will be fixed,I still think its drive line related.. but hoping the tire will fix it...I will keep posting as this is not something I can live with so it will get fixed. The dealer has been great so far lets hope that continues.
My theory was bad tire(s) ... they can balance perfectly on a normal wheel balancer, but if there is an problem with the belts, etc when it's got a load it can cause issues like vibrations.

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Got a call to come pick my car up it was fixed. Went to pick it up got a BS stpry on how when they put my wheels on it didnt vibrate anymore. Sure enough I drove a mile down the road and it still does it no change. They had it a total of 6 days
BV600...that is tough to take after 6 days waiting! What a bunch of losers! Ford has to get this figured out!
Let’s get this escalated for you guys as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for you areas.

Deysha

Sponsored

BV600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Let’s get this escalated for you guys as well. Please PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number. I’ll loop in the customer service manager for you areas.

Deysha
PM coming your way.
Called back this morning asking what was the next step. Was told we dont know we dont see anything wrong with it, but yet they told me a similiar car on the lot didnt have the same issue when they drove it.

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Deep Impact Blue
Right there with you. My dealer wants to discuss with corporate and get an FSE out to take a look at mine. Not worried about it yet, but it is not a huge step to go from supportive dealer to uncooperative, so keeping my fingers crossed. I am never going to buy a first year car again. I should have known better, but I let my little head do the thinking again.

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
After three unsuccessful repair attempts, today my CSM informed me that "since the vehicle was operating within normal characteristics, it does not qualify for our in-house repurchase review".

I see. Apparently they actually believe that they can ignore warranty claims whenever they feel like it, as long as they refer to the issue as "normal". I was referred to page 198 of the owners manual, where it outlines the steps for mediation, arbitration and litigation. So those are my next steps. I have already contacted a Lemon Law attorney, so perhaps he can cut through some of the red tape. I will also ask him if this is the type of situation where a class-action lawsuit is warranted.

It's very sad that Ford cannot step up and do the right thing. Instead, they make us jump through hoops, expecting that most people will just get tired and/or disgusted and go away. I guess all we can do is continue to make noise until we get what we thought we were paying for - a car reasonably free of major defects.

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
After three unsuccessful repair attempts, today my CSM informed me that "since the vehicle was operating within normal characteristics, it does not qualify for our in-house repurchase review".

I see. Apparently they actually believe that they can ignore warranty claims whenever they feel like it, as long as they refer to the issue as "normal". I was referred to page 198 of the owners manual, where it outlines the steps for mediation, arbitration and litigation. So those are my next steps. I have already contacted a Lemon Law attorney, so perhaps he can cut through some of the red tape. I will also ask him if this is the type of situation where a class-action lawsuit is warranted.

It's very sad that Ford cannot step up and do the right thing. Instead, they make us jump through hoops, expecting that most people will just get tired and/or disgusted and go away. I guess all we can do is continue to make noise until we get what we thought we were paying for - a car reasonably free of major defects.
Yes it's unfortunate those of us that are the rolling R&D department for Ford are treated in some way as "..it's in your mind and normal"...I have issues with my Suspension BOUNCY BALL, Vibration at 3k rpm, HVAC system. Brought it in 2 days later, "...all's normal". I even notified the Service Group on this forum who are awesome BTW, Thanks Jeff) to get the regional manager involved ahead of the visit because I know how this goes...the outcome still the same. It is really a shame, as MOST of us driving these cars, know cars and we know when there is a "problem"...it is really funny "its acting as designed" is a statement, so if its designed incorrectly that makes it ok. Regarding vibration, the SM tried to tell me the tires had flat spots...almost laughable. I am now driving around with 170lbs of weights in the trunk to stop the bounce, I guess that's normal...I will turn the HVAC system on and off manually since it can't maintain temp, and I will drive under 3k rpm...all good! :ford:

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
Yes it's unfortunate those of us that are the rolling R&D department for Ford are treated in some way as "..it's in your mind and normal"...I have issues with my Suspension BOUNCY BALL, Vibration at 3k rpm, HVAC system. Brought it in 2 days later, "...all's normal". I even notified the Service Group on this forum who are awesome BTW, Thanks Jeff) to get the regional manager involved ahead of the visit because I know how this goes...the outcome still the same. It is really a shame, as MOST of us driving these cars, know cars and we know when there is a "problem"...it is really funny "its acting as designed" is a statement, so if its designed incorrectly that makes it ok. Regarding vibration, the SM tried to tell me the tires had flat spots...almost laughable. I am now driving around with 170lbs of weights in the trunk to stop the bounce, I guess that's normal...I will turn the HVAC system on and off manually since it can't maintain temp, and I will drive under 3k rpm...all good! :ford:
LOL...I guess I can solve my problem in a similar way. Since it gets smoother around 80 MPH, I can just avoid lower speeds. If I get stopped by a LEO, I'll just use a little Ford logic and say "Its OK officer. 80 MPH is normal for me. Move along...nothing more to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for...."

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
I can't believe this problem is that hard for Ford to to find the root cause. Sounds like there are enough instances out there that they need to figure it out and put a TSB out on the issue ... just like the squealing front brake issue.

1stFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Deep Impact Blue
It sounds like Juben is the only one that has got an actual fix, so maybe that will trickle down to the rest of us.

icarumba, have you talked to your dealer about replacing the differential? If so, what was their response?

OP
OP
icarumba

icarumba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Mopar or No Car
It sounds like Juben is the only one that has got an actual fix, so maybe that will trickle down to the rest of us.

icarumba, have you talked to your dealer about replacing the differential? If so, what was their response?
Yes, I discussed that with them when I dropped it off the last time. Unfortunately, they balanced the wheels and determined that it was "fixed", so they didn't go any further. And yet, they kept it for four days, just like a different dealer the week before.

I can't wait to meet the Ford rep at arbitration, so I can ask WHY both dealers kept my car for four days if there was nothing wrong with it. If the car was perfectly fine, and I was just being a big whiny crybaby over nothing, don't you think they would have had me come pick it up that same afternoon? Especially since they were paying for my rental car??? Oh, maybe it takes Goober in the shop an entire day to balance each wheel....

Rv-Junke

Rv-Junke
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2021 Black GT - PP
LOL...I guess I can solve my problem in a similar way. Since it gets smoother around 80 MPH, I can just avoid lower speeds. If I get stopped by a LEO, I'll just use a little Ford logic and say "Its OK officer. 80 MPH is normal for me. Move along...nothing more to see here. These are not the droids you're looking for...."
:lol:

BV600

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Mine comes back at 85mph and is worse lol
Sponsored