Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I went to the dealer today and they swapped my mrr gt350 wheels with stock wheels off a new mustang. I drove the car with the shop foreman and there wasnt any vibration, I didnt noticed anything more than just the road. What do you guys think? Could it be wrong with my wheels? I balanced them 3 weeks ago
You could very possible have a slightly bent rim
Happened to me on my Corvette and I had no idea I even hit it hard at all
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
I went to the dealer today and they swapped my mrr gt350 wheels with stock wheels off a new mustang. I drove the car with the shop foreman and there wasnt any vibration, I didnt noticed anything more than just the road. What do you guys think? Could it be wrong with my wheels? I balanced them 3 weeks ago
Road force balance ?

Could be the wheels , I'd be happy that there is no vibe , you are on the right path.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
When I brought mine in they Road Force balanced and then replaced two bad tires. This helped with that vibration, but not the Drive Shaft. It's good to start fixing each vibration.

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
They checked last time the rims if they are bent and they told me there good. If they do road force balance would that fix the issue ?

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
They checked last time the rims if they are bent and they told me there good. If they do road force balance would that fix the issue ?
If there was a bad tire it would. The whole goal of a road force balance is to find hidden flaws in the tire that could cause vibration.

Sponsored

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Just to give an update on my car- stock DS didn't vibrate, but changing over to Shaftmasters did. Switched to Dynotech, still vibrated, but less than Shaftmasters. Monkeyed with DS balance using two small washers under pinion yoke bolts and got it 99.95% perfect, with just a hint of a vibration from 59-63 mph which was just enough to be felt and slightly haze the rear view mirror. Couple weekends ago, I installed the BMR-CB005 lockout to fix the wheel hop. Unfortunately didn't fix the hop (though the amplitude was reduced) but the slight highway vibe is now gone. It's now as smooth or smoother than the stock DS ever was. :cool:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
This is what the dealership should do. Just replacing the driveshaft doesn’t always work because the imbalance can be in other parts of the driveline.
Check it out. It’s pretty cool.

As seen in that video, the balancing is super sensitive - just a small change in the location of the clamps makes a big difference. I think Ford doesn't have a very repeatable way to balance their driveshafts. Too bad the dealerships couldn't do like in the video. That guy was experienced, and did all that in an hour.

Lwgoudey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 ecoboost
This is what the dealership should do. Just replacing the driveshaft doesn’t always work because the imbalance can be in other parts of the driveline.
Check it out. It’s pretty cool.

This video is done by professor John Kelley he is the one who developed the vibration analyzer for the iPhone that I used to fix my car

NothernVAMustang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT white
I spoke to the dealer ship today and they said they've done the road force balance. They concluded the tires are good and it's the rims that is the problem

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I spoke to the dealer ship today and they said they've done the road force balance. They concluded the tires are good and it's the rims that is the problem
Good. Get the easy stuff out of the way before attacking the other...

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
i had a wheel slightly off balanced and it made a sounds at 70+. so many people couldnt hear it. Sound analyzer app saw heightened noise at 52hz at75mph. After balancing there is no 52hz at all. just the 47hz which i assume is the noise from the drive shaft.

Drove 3 manuals, thought i was going to switch but they are all worse. My solution for this is to ignore it for a few years until i get a maro or challenger. good luck all

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
And your able to get to all speeds without it showing back up? I may have to play with this some more as I am still waiting for Ford to respond to the dealer.

BBB Auto line has responded, so I am getting all the paperwork to them for the case to move forward.
Yup.. 0 to 1XX

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Well guys. I said fuck it and traded mine in on a sweet challenger srt 392 today. CPO car and under warranty until 100k miles. Now I have a ton of parts to put up for sale

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Well guys. I said fuck it and traded mine in on a sweet challenger srt 392 today. CPO car and under warranty until 100k miles. Now I have a ton of parts to put up for sale
Did you owe on the mustang & what did they give you for it?

Pics?
Sponsored