Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Update:

I had to cancel my Service Appt that was scheduled for this past Monday due to weather conditions. I'm rescheduled for next week for 2nd visit due to driveline vibe still being present after the Dealer rebalanced front tires.

As things progress I will post any necessary updates. Hopefully a TSB will come out of this concern as its being elevated through the channels.

To those who do have or continue to have the driveline vibration issues - keep posting.
Sponsored

Last edited:

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
Crimson Red with a Yellow Tint

3rd attempt with a complete Diff swap after 2 weeks they called and the tech said the vibration was gone .Was pretty excited hoping this was behind me. They also fixed the convertible top rear window supports. So go to pick it up first thing I see is the Seat Leather pulled out around the seat belt guide exposing the foam. Told them it was unsat after I was told it was normal , they are looking into it...

So 5 miles down the road and at exactly 50 mph the hum starts and works it way to a vibration. Got home tested the top and nope support struts popped out and jammed the top.

It's Lemon Time!

gov cheese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7 051A Guard
I my case the vibration is not as bad as most of the other posters but still annoying. Vibration seems to be stronger when slowing down into the high 50's to low 60's and then holding speed in that zone. It can be felt throughout the car: steering wheel, pedals, and seat.

Been to the dealer two times:
1. Tech could not feel the vibration. But tires were Balanced and rotated. SM opened a ticket with Ford.
2. Went with the tech this time and re-created the vibration which the tech was able to feel. Asked if they could do a little troubleshooting by swapping tires. Instead we took out a car with the same specs as mine and it has the same vibration.

Dealer is chalking it up to road surface + tire + suspension transmitting vibration into the car. But said they would get the ticket open and let me know if they get anything for Ford.

Next trip i will try to find a dealer that can do force balancing and give it a go.

ultimate warrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
I have a 2016 ecoboost auto, 3.15 diff, on stock 18s and I can feel, what i consider a driveline vibration, starting immediately at 55mph-60mph, and tapers off with higher speeds. It feels like the road gets instantly bad (like i just drove onto a concrete road with etched lines). There is a hum associated.

Is it shaking the car badly? No. Is it driveline - yes.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree that there are better places to measure the vibration from, and I also feel it through the seat and elsewhere. The steering wheel was simply the best place to hold my iPhone against to take measurements. Obviously, I could spring $300 or so for a vibration measurement kit, but was primarily looking to simply compare two different cars.
Your reply to this thread is interesting by the use of the app you tried out to record the vibes.

I'm wondering if you have time to repeat that test again, but place the phone in the following locations:

1) Inside center console so that phone is completely flat against bottom of console. Logic: The center console is directly above the trans/driveshaft tunnel. The (2) piece driveshaft has a center bearing or "guibo", thus chances for monitoring vibes may be greater in this location than at dash or steering wheel.

2) Inside trunk - either by placing inside spare tire well (which is directly over rear differential or placed on top of trunk carpet.

3) On L or R rear floor pan.

I would suspect that 1 of the 3 locations above may produce better and more accurate results since those locations are closest to the driveline (driveshaft, rear differential, rear wheels and rear axles).

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3rd attempt with a complete Diff swap after 2 weeks they called and the tech said the vibration was gone .Was pretty excited hoping this was behind me. They also fixed the convertible top rear window supports. So go to pick it up first thing I see is the Seat Leather pulled out around the seat belt guide exposing the foam. Told them it was unsat after I was told it was normal , they are looking into it...

So 5 miles down the road and at exactly 50 mph the hum starts and works it way to a vibration. Got home tested the top and nope support struts popped out and jammed the top.

It's Lemon Time!
What did your Service Invoice state on it for cause or reasons for the rear diff replacement? Can you post up your invoice (clearing out any personal info)?

Did you deal with anyone at Ford HQ or have a Case #, or where all of your dealings directly with Dealership Service Department only?

I mean, there's other instances of owners reporting complete rear diff replacements and still no TSB? Are these major replacements being properly documented by Dealers so that its tracable via Fords internal systems??

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

It's Lemon Time!
I my case the vibration is not as bad as most of the other posters but still annoying. Vibration seems to be stronger when slowing down into the high 50's to low 60's and then holding speed in that zone. It can be felt throughout the car: steering wheel, pedals, and seat.

Been to the dealer two times:
1. Tech could not feel the vibration. But tires were Balanced and rotated. SM opened a ticket with Ford.
2. Went with the tech this time and re-created the vibration which the tech was able to feel. Asked if they could do a little troubleshooting by swapping tires. Instead we took out a car with the same specs as mine and it has the same vibration.

Dealer is chalking it up to road surface + tire + suspension transmitting vibration into the car. But said they would get the ticket open and let me know if they get anything for Ford.

Next trip i will try to find a dealer that can do force balancing and give it a go.
I have a 2016 ecoboost auto, 3.15 diff, on stock 18s and I can feel, what i consider a driveline vibration, starting immediately at 55mph-60mph, and tapers off with higher speeds. It feels like the road gets instantly bad (like i just drove onto a concrete road with etched lines). There is a hum associated.
Is it shaking the car badly? No. Is it driveline - yes.
Let’s get this escalated for you as well, guys. Make an appointment at your Ford Dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
Let’s get this escalated for you as well, guys. Make an appointment at your Ford Dealer and PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number.

Deysha
I did that 2 visits ago and there was no difference in service or any escalation , understand your probably busy trying to get us some extra support but its been over a month and the dealer is still acting like I'm the only one with this problem.

I do believe many like myself were /are waiting for Ford to act but after the seat cooling fiasco that Ford hasn't really done anything for close to a year , I decided to start the process before the Lemon Law period expires if need be.

SLOW2-3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang
And another one with this problem :/

Add a 2015 EcoBoost Performance Pack Automatic Convertible to the list of vehicles exhibiting this problem...

Deysha
I will send a PM as well since I am dropping my wife's mustang off tonight at the dealer for this very issue. Oh and by the way, this will be the third trip to the dealer for this problem!

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
Just dropped mine off again, but the dealer is starting to play the " This is normal" card along with the convertible support issue. I really am disappointed with this car and Ford.

Sponsored

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Add a 2015 EcoBoost Performance Pack Automatic Convertible to the list of vehicles exhibiting this problem...

I will send a PM as well since I am dropping my wife's mustang off tonight at the dealer for this very issue. Oh and by the way, this will be the third trip to the dealer for this problem!
Thanks for following up! I see your PM in our inbox. I'm giving Deysha an extra hand.

Just dropped mine off again, but the dealer is starting to play the " This is normal" card along with the convertible support issue. I really am disappointed with this car and Ford.
Offer for assistance still stands, just let us know.

Meagan

DrDing.Muscle

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GT PP Competition Orange
All of a sudden now on my wife's car we are getting emails from Ford saying that parts are on order. It has been over 5 months since she has had her car. She has been in a rental car the entire time with hardly a word from Ford and now they want to order parts for it. My wife is done with the car and wants Ford to buy it back or we will turn it in under the lemon law. Ford is really dropping the ball on this big time.

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Sadly that is when you know dropping it off is pointless. What if they say it's 'normal' but still not fixed after you pick it up AGAIN?

Toothless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
My dealer gave up on waiting for the Vibration tool they ordered in December, and ordered a driveshaft after fixing a used one on their lot by replacing it with the driveshaft off a new one that didnt have the vib.There are new ones on the lot that vibrate like mine but they can't fix them until some poor soul buys it and gets stuck like me.

My driveshaft will be here this Friday I'm told. Made appt for Friday. Fingers crossed.

tolzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Convertible
Fixed!

Just stopped by and test drove my car and the vibration is 99% gone! Seems they just need to find a good combo.

1) replaced drive shaft = little to no change
2) replaced Differential and Flange = almost gone
3) indexed Driveshaft = problem solved:cheers:
Sponsored