Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Drove with service advisor today. They also had a tech drive it. Both guys didint notice any weird sounds or issues. They had it on a lift and ran it on various speeds with a stethascope. Checked hubs, center bushing for driveshaft connection, rear end, differential etc. They say no sounds are comming from any of them and they all look good. They did say they notices sort of air moving sounds around my H pipe (resonater delete) but not sure if thats causing it. SO right now, ill kep driving it see how it goes. Anyone ever replace a resonator with an H pipe and get sounds? im not really getting vibrations so im really unsure if i got the same issue or not. Sound isnt your typical drone, at all. its more of a whomp whomp whomp whomp but very fast, and mainly around 70-75mph

Last edited:

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Anyone ever replace a resonator with an H pipe and get sounds? im not really getting vibrations so im really unsure if i got the same issue or not. Sound isnt your typical drone, at all. its more of a whomp whomp whomp whomp but very fast, and mainly around 70-75mph
If it was something coming from the exhaust system it would go away if you put the transmission in neutral at 75 MPH and coasted with the engine at an idle. Did you try that?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
If it was something coming from the exhaust system it would go away if you put the transmission in neutral at 75 MPH and coasted with the engine at an idle. Did you try that?
I havent (its an auto)

I have downshifted though with no change at all

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I havent (its an auto)

I have downshifted though with no change at all
I haven't owned an auto since '91 (Syclones were auto only) but can you put one in neutral while running?

Sponsored

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I haven't owned an auto since '91 (Syclones were auto only) but can you put one in neutral while running?
Yes you can but definitely not into Park :doh:

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Alright threw it into neutral while going 75 with cars all around me in rush hour traffic. Sound is still there. So I'm guessing it's not drivetrain? Maybe I'll go get my tires rebalanced?

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Alright threw it into neutral while going 75 with cars all around me in rush hour traffic. Sound is still there. So I'm guessing it's not drivetrain? Maybe I'll go get my tires rebalanced?
It can still be drivetrain, the driveshaft is still spinning as well as the rear end and axles
Mine was worse at 60-65. Vibration in the floor and a drone in the cabin

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
It can still be drivetrain, the driveshaft is still spinning as well as the rear end and axles
Yep, I agree ... the whole object of putting it in neutral at 75 MPH is to see if the vibration stays, goes away or changes with the engine at an idle.

If the vibration is still there, then it could be anything that is still turning in the drive line from the transmission back, and the rotating front wheels.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Knocking on wood , mine seems to of gone away :shrug:

I had the driveshaft replaced, and it got BETTER , I took it to another dealership that owed me a favor and they put the MTS4000 NVH analyzer on it. and they said it was "in spec" . After a month or so either I stopped noticing it, or it's gone. Mine was very slight though , I said if I hadn't seen this thread I would never of noticed.

[MENTION=12387]ANGST[/MENTION] mine is very slight, too. Should I complain about it to the dealer? Such as when it is stored for the winter anyway?

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Yep, I agree ... the whole object of putting it in neutral at 75 MPH is to see if the vibration stays, goes away or changes with the engine at an idle.

If the vibration is still there, then it could be anything that is still turning in the drive line from the transmission back, and the rotating front wheels.

well shoot.
I drove with the service guy and he didint notice it...i dont know how though but i guess. I got a buddy with a 17gt im going to go for a ride with him see if i hear it. if not, ill have to find another dealer. thanks guys

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
well shoot.
I drove with the service guy and he didint notice it...i dont know how though but i guess. I got a buddy with a 17gt im going to go for a ride with him see if i hear it. if not, ill have to find another dealer. thanks guys
Go take another drive - a lengthy drive, like a 30 minute straight highway drive where you can maintain speed. That is the ONLY way the Tech will be able to experience the issue.

The stop go stop go or take a ride around the dealership block will not work.

You have to show them when and how the issue presents itself and be in the car with them during the drive. Take the car up to the speed where it does not vibrate as much, then either accelerate to OR back down from X-speed until the vibration is and MAINTAINS its presence...

If you put the car in neutral and the vibration sensation re,aimed - it's definitely something in the rotational mass as others have stated.

Tell your service guys too to check the online Ford forum that is available only to them, because this issue is WELL KNOWN internally to Ford Service centers.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
It sucks that guys are spending 40 grand on a car in some cases and we are going through this
You would think Fords engineering geniuses would have figured this out before putting a shit product out on the road. If mine doesn't get fixed right this will be my last Ford product

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
It sucks that guys are spending 40 grand on a car in some cases and we are going through this
You would think Fords engineering geniuses would have figured this out before putting a shit product out on the road. If mine doesn't get fixed right this will be my last Ford product
Exactly - and who knows how may more owners are experiencing the SAME issue but have not found this link, or maybe don't belong to a forum, or don't really use Internet to search....

Post a link to this thread on every forum you belong to, the more the better... I know if you now Google "mustang vibration" or "(2015, 2016, 2017) mustang vibration", or "mustang driveline vibration", you're going to get many hits because this issue has been posted on MANY other sites such as Edmunds reviews, Car complaints, NHTSA, etc...

The more visibility online, maybe something will get back to Ford since Ford Service no longer is on this site...
Sponsored