Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
Good idea. I will do that for sure. Hope we can get aother of other members to do the same.
Sponsored

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
[MENTION=12387]ANGST[/MENTION] mine is very slight, too. Should I complain about it to the dealer? Such as when it is stored for the winter anyway?
The best you can do is call and find a dealer who has a nvh analyzer, and who is willing to use it .

Once I got the hard numbers on mine I just accepted it . Like I say mine was just a noise , you could not feel it at all. Now either it's gone or I don't notice it anymore . Occasionally I think I hear it, but then it goes away, I assume it's road noise plus my paranoia.

I have called Ford and opened a case, I had the driveshaft replaced, then on a second visit had the NHV on it . I should be ok for a goodwill repair out to 100k ( based on comments in this thread and from Ford and the dealer ) for any diff / trans issues that could be linked .

I put 7k miles or less on my car in a year and will probably trade it in for a 7th gen in 3-4 years.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
@ANGST mine is very slight, too. Should I complain about it to the dealer? Such as when it is stored for the winter anyway?
I would !

They had worked on mine multiple times (see my posts in the Lemon Law thread), but there was still some vibration there. It was not that bad & I could have easily ignored it, but was more concerned about the future - would it get worse, cause other parts to wear prematurely and/or fail ??

Since they were not being very forthcoming & cooperative with the car being brand spanking new, I KNEW anything later would be an even bigger hassle to deal with.

In the end, they let it sit for months with no action & I got sick of it & just Lemon Lawed the car. Sucks, but at least I can sleep @ nite now ;)

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I would !

They had worked on mine multiple times (see my posts in the Lemon Law thread), but there was still some vibration there. It was not that bad & I could have easily ignored it, but was more concerned about the future - would it get worse, cause other parts to wear prematurely and/or fail ??

Since they were not being very forthcoming & cooperative with the car being brand spanking new, I KNEW anything later would be an even bigger hassle to deal with.

In the end, they let it sit for months with no action & I got sick of it & just Lemon Lawed the car. Sucks, but at least I can sleep @ nite now ;)
Thats how I feel about it as I bought this car with intentions to keep it a long time.
You say the car for months, was that at the dealer ? Mine has been there for over 3 weeks now and all they do is keep throwing parts at it. Being that no change to the car or the parts they put on it is being made I expect it to just come back after I get some miles on the car.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Go take another drive - a lengthy drive, like a 30 minute straight highway drive where you can maintain speed. That is the ONLY way the Tech will be able to experience the issue.

The stop go stop go or take a ride around the dealership block will not work.

You have to show them when and how the issue presents itself and be in the car with them during the drive. Take the car up to the speed where it does not vibrate as much, then either accelerate to OR back down from X-speed until the vibration is and MAINTAINS its presence...

If you put the car in neutral and the vibration sensation re,aimed - it's definitely something in the rotational mass as others have stated.

Tell your service guys too to check the online Ford forum that is available only to them, because this issue is WELL KNOWN internally to Ford Service centers.
thanks man will do.
The funny thing is they said they heard a sound "described the sound as a rotational womp womp sound" when it was up on the lift in drive. But they were like "well its over there near your H-pipe so it might be that" :headbonk: I never heard of exhaust doing this sound. I think another dealer is best. Thanks again will follow up on here. yay

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Thats how I feel about it as I bought this car with intentions to keep it a long time.
You say the car for months, was that at the dealer ? Mine has been there for over 3 weeks now and all they do is keep throwing parts at it. Being that no change to the car or the parts they put on it is being made I expect it to just come back after I get some miles on the car.
They did all that to mine, force balanced the tires, put new ones on, changed drive shafts (more than once), yanked all my Steeda stuff & reinstalled it, blamed any & everything they could except their own poor engineering/QC/problem determination skills, then just let it sit. Maybe they thought I'd just cave in and accept it defects & all :doh:

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
They did all that to mine, force balanced the tires, put new ones on, changed drive shafts (more than once), yanked all my Steeda stuff & reinstalled it, blamed any & everything they could except their own poor engineering/QC/problem determination skills, then just let it sit. Maybe they thought I'd just cave in and accept it defects & all :doh:
Did you have all three of the requirements for the Florida Lemon Law ?
For me to qualify I think they will have to get the car back 2 more times for this issue and the car might be over 2 years old by then

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
We should be going to the BBB or file complaints with the NHTSA
If NHTSA gets enough complaints they look into it.

This happened with chevy cobalts and the power steering failures. Enough of us reported it to the NHTSA and they opened a investigation and got a recall out. I think we should too.

shelbywannabe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Mustang GT PP
I'm in. I already posted a link to this post on all my social media accounts. Do you know how to get started as it sounds like you are familiar with it

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
We should be going to the BBB or file complaints with the NHTSA
If NHTSA gets enough complaints they look into it.

This happened with chevy cobalts and the power steering failures. Enough of us reported it to the NHTSA and they opened a investigation and got a recall out. I think we should too.
BBB , I don't really see this being a safety issue right now .

Sponsored

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
I'm in. I already posted a link to this post on all my social media accounts. Do you know how to get started as it sounds like you are familiar with it
Let me look a little further into it to make sure our efforts go to the right people.

In 2006 i helped get the complaints going to the NHTSA for the Cobalts, and it did indeed work.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
I'm on my first long trip with the GT and noticed some occasional vibrations and noises come and go. What I really noticed was my rear view mirror shakes a bit, enough to not see rearward well. I only have 1300 miles on this GT.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
I'm on my first long trip with the GT and noticed some occasional vibrations and noises come and go. What I really noticed was my rear view mirror shakes a bit, enough to not see rearward well. I only have 1300 miles on this GT.
Yep you have the issue! Is this an auto or stick?

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Yep you have the issue! Is this an auto or stick?
Auto.

I was thinking that this mirror movement was odd and then found this amazing thread. Wish I'd found this thread BEFORE buying the car!

Friend of mine has a 09 GT and also has drive shaft vibrations.
Sponsored