Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
My '17 is glass smooth at all speeds, but I made sure to get it out on the highway and paid careful attention before signing on the dotted line. There are few things worse than a damn highway speed vibration.
Sponsored

CB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, Black, PP
And they won't even be stainless so in a year they will rust and fly off and hit some kid in the eye.

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I traded the Mustang for a Challenger. Just couldn't deal with the long term implications of the DL vibration, diff groaning on lt turns and the imminent AC failure. Challenger isn't as good in the handling dept, but boy is it smooth and quiet... Still like the styling on the Mustang better but this car gets a lot of looks. I will still think about another Mustang in the future- maybe after the next platform update.
tn_WP_20170402_19_21_29_Pro.jpg
tn_WP_20170402_19_21_19_Pro.jpg

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
speedfrk - looks nice ... hope you enjoy the new ride. BTW, there's a missing "r" in your motorcycle link in your signature.

Sponsored

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I traded the Mustang for a Challenger. Just couldn't deal with the long term implications of the DL vibration, diff groaning on lt turns and the imminent AC failure. Challenger isn't as good in the handling dept, but boy is it smooth and quiet... Still like the styling on the Mustang better but this car gets a lot of looks. I will still think about another Mustang in the future- maybe after the next platform update.
Looks sharp. :thumbsup:
My #1 car guy friend got the new Challenger the second year it was reintroduced. I don't think has had any major problems with it.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Is that a 392 hemi or the 375 hp version!

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Mine has been vibration free at all speeds ..The other day I had a 100 mile trip to help a friend at the drag strip .. Now I have a vibration from 45 to 75 that I never had before ..Only changes to the car was the cradle lock out kit and Steeda Bars .. Both these really help me hook the car at the drag strip .. My vibration is really mild , a little feel in the steering wheel and a little fuzzy looking in the rear view mirror ..Maybe a touch in the front floor pan .. I'm not racing this summer so i'm going to pull the parts back of the car and see if it goes back to the way it was before installing them .. Makes sense to me that locking the rear cradle to the body would transfer any drive train vibration right to the body of the car , after all the hole point of rubber bushings is to keep any unwanted vibrations and road noise from traveling to the cabin .. I have notice also that I can hear a little ring gear noise that I didn't have before the bars and lock out were installed ..

I'll let you know what happens ..

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Mine has been vibration free at all speeds. The other day I had a 100 mile trip to help a friend at the drag strip .. Now I have a vibration from 45 to 75 that I never had before ..Only changes to the car was the cradle lock out kit and Steeda Bars.

Makes sense to me that locking the rear cradle to the body would transfer any drive train vibration right to the body of the car , after all the hole point of rubber bushings is to keep any unwanted vibrations and road noise from traveling to the cabin.
I've got a set of Steeda rear subframe braces waiting to go on, but no other rear subframe mods. Will have to see if I notice any new vibration or noise ... hope not. I haven't heard anyone else say just the braces cause a change.

Sponsored

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
I've got a set of Steeda rear subframe braces waiting to go on, but no other rear subframe mods. Will have to see if I notice any new vibration or noise ... hope not. I haven't heard anyone else say just the braces cause a change.
The Bars are great as well as their cradle lock out parts .I went from spinning at the track to dead hooking with them.. Very pleased with them ..I really don't mind if I get a vibration with them at all , the traction out weighs the added vibration for me .. Like I said I'll pull them off ( easy to do ) and report back ..

zanGTA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium 2015
Hello,

I have an update about my vibration problem.

1) Vibration started @ 6k miles

2) I tried to fix the aliment of the IRS in a local dealership with steeda kits and braces. Nothing worked.

3) I brought the car to the shop where i bought it, in germany, and after 3 people tried it the answer was: the car is normal, you are the first that complains about this. This sounded me very strange because the shop is geigercars and it is the n1 importer of american cars in europe.

4) I refused to pay the oil change until the virbation was solved and left them the car. After a week they called me saying ford has authorized to replace a driveshaft.

5) Ofc this didn't solved the problem.

6) Tired to travel each time half an europe and waste money in fuel and apartments I brought the car to a team of mechanics with a race experience.

7) Two weeks after and many and many hours of troubleshooting... they solved the problem. The vibration was totally gone, at 100%, and after 5k miles and some weekends on track it isn't back.

8) This cost me a lot of money and time even if no parts were replaced, and I made a special agreement with them: if they had not able to solve the problem i wouldn't have to pay. If they had solved the problem, they would keep the knowledge. So, in conclusion, the problem is solved but not thanks to ford.

ANGST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Cayman GTS, 15 Explorer Sport , 09 Honda Fit
Hello,

7) Two weeks after and many and many hours of troubleshooting... they solved the problem. The vibration was totally gone, at 100%, and after 5k miles and some weekends on track it isn't back.

8) This cost me a lot of money and time even if no parts were replaced, and I made a special agreement with them: if they had not able to solve the problem i wouldn't have to pay. If they had solved the problem, they would keep the knowledge. So, in conclusion, the problem is solved but not thanks to ford.
how did they solve it ?

smokinzx14r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT A6 3.55 Gears ..
Hello,

1) Vibration started @ 6k miles

2) I tried to fix the aliment of the IRS in a local dealership with steeda kits and braces. Nothing worked.

3) I brought the car to the shop where i bought it, in germany, and after 3 people tried it the answer was: the car is normal, you are the first that complains about this. This sounded me very strange because the shop is geigercars and it is the n1 importer of american cars in europe.

4) I refused to pay the oil change until the virbation was solved and left them the car. After a week they called me saying ford has authorized to replace a driveshaft.

5) Ofc this didn't solved the problem.

6) Tired to travel each time half an europe and waste money in fuel and apartments I brought the car to a team of mechanics with a race experience.

Pretty crappy that you post that your car is fixed 100% but will not tell us how they fixed it ..:rant:

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
They likely squared the the rear irs cradle to the front k-member, which of course will cost you money!
Sponsored