Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Yes, I'd like to know about the above as well - seen this mentioned a few times in different threads on this site, but no other facts or what exactly has been noted as production changes??
Not sure exactly what they are changing. Transmissions for sure and that will change DS length, maybe angles. Someone posted something about halfshafts being upgraded too. Hard to imagine they wouldn't address the vibration problem at the same time.
Sponsored

2007GT500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
I have owned 16 Mustangs, 26 Fords in all and bleed Ford blue. I will never buy another Ford again after my experience with 2 S550's. The first one vibrated from day one. I thought it was just a small amount of Mustangs that were affected after my experience with the first one so I purchased another one. The second was a GT Convertible. Both cars were PP manuals. The second car vibrated but not right out of the gate like the first one. The vibration did not show up until about 3,000 miles. It does not matter what the road condition, weather or any other driving condition. As soon as you hit 50 the steering wheel, drivers seat, parking brake handle and rear view mirror vibrate. The vibration goes away around 70. For those of you that don't have the vibration be thankful and enjoy your car. For me the vibration killed the enjoyment of both cars so much I had to get rid of them.

It is a shame when you are told there is nothing else that can be done and it is the characteristics of the car. Ford knows there is a problem and has no way to fix it or does not want to incur the cost to fix it. Buying two new S550's in a short amount of time was an expensive lesson. I bought the first one 10k under MSRP and the second one 12k under MSRP. It could have been worse.

My brother has an S550. Guess what, it vibrates too. He just sold his Mustang and will be buying something other than a Ford.

I went to the dark side and purchased a 2017 Challenger Shaker Scat Pack for my DD.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
I also am thinking they all do it to some degree. Are Mustang fans that unfamiliar with refined cars that they don't notice? I can't wrap my head around that. My car has been sitting at a dealership for just a vibe machine hook up for 2 weeks and they haven't touched it. Ford Service knows it's there too, I don't understand what's going on. They won't hook it up because they know the vibe machine will find an abnormal condition unless they lie about it. After week 3 I will pick it up and have MORE than enough to pursue lemon law, but I don't want to. It's like I'm trying to hang on to a girlfriend who has already dumped me. I love the Mustang and nothing else really get's me going for my price range. I don't know what to do.

BMR TECH, Where have u been? I wish there was a shop who would/could fix mine and I would gladly pay....

15Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
I also am thinking they all do it to some degree. Are Mustang fans that unfamiliar with refined cars that they don't notice?
No, they don't (or shouldn't) all do it. Mine does not. But I drove a rental (EB Premium, 16) and it definitely vibrated. I could tell the difference immediately. It was real bad on a smooth highway. There is no way a normal car should vibrate like that.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
The fact that some of them vibrate and others dont tells me the issue can be fixed. The problem is folks are relying on the dealership to fix something that they cant fix. The 2 things I've read that fix this issue are trans crossmember shims to change the pinion angle, the squaring of the front suspension to the rear suspension. granted these are do it yourselfer fixes that some folks may not want to do but there are few guys that have done one or the other and it worked and the vibration never came back! So it's fixable! Its funny how folks will go through major alterations to add power to a car but refuse to do what it takes to fix an issue that irritates them so much they are ready to either get rid of the car or go through litigation to solve the problem!

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
The 2 things I've read that fix this issue are trans crossmember shims to change the pinion angle, the squaring of the front suspension to the rear suspension.
My GT doesn't have any noticeable vibration, and out of curiosity I measured and verified that my rear subframe is pretty square with the chassis of he car.

People who have the vibration should try this rear subframe alignment kit from Steeda if they think the subframe alignment is out of wack. Don't know why Ford didn't do something similar from the factory. If it's shifted left or right and/or twisted, I can see how that might possible cause vibrations because the driveshaft would be coming into the differential at a weird double angle.

https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-subframe-alignment-kit-2015-all-555-4438.html

qwk93ta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1 M6 & 2015 Hellcat A8 (10.83 @ 127)
Ford should have never sold a car with this issue. We all know the vibration was brought up in the documentary "A Faster Horse". I just got back from selling my perfect (other than the vibration) 15 GT Premium PP 6 speed with 5,000 miles to a local dealer for $29,000. If I buy another Mustang it will be an 11-14. I'll be posting a bunch of brand new suspension parts very soon that I never put on my 15.

TwistedT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT (in the future)
Ok, I'm in the market for a new car this summer. My kids are grown and I don't need a family car so I've been itching to get another Mustang. This vibration issue has me wondering if it's worth taking the gamble that I won't get a car I can't drive.

I'm thinking the first thing to do is get the Steeda subframe kit and have the thing aligned correctly right off the bat. It's something I would want to do anyway just to tighten up the handling ( along with other suspension mods).

Since I'm not mechanically inclined, can anyone give any advice as to what kind of shop to look for to do the work correctly?

Thanks!

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
Get the 2018 looks like they made some driveline changes hopefully they dont vibrate like the 15-17's!!!

speedfrk

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
I have owned 16 Mustangs, 26 Fords in all and bleed Ford blue. I will never buy another Ford again after my experience with 2 S550's. The first one vibrated from day one. I thought it was just a small amount of Mustangs that were affected after my experience with the first one so I purchased another one. The second was a GT Convertible. Both cars were PP manuals. The second car vibrated but not right out of the gate like the first one. The vibration did not show up until about 3,000 miles. It does not matter what the road condition, weather or any other driving condition. As soon as you hit 50 the steering wheel, drivers seat, parking brake handle and rear view mirror vibrate. The vibration goes away around 70. For those of you that don't have the vibration be thankful and enjoy your car. For me the vibration killed the enjoyment of both cars so much I had to get rid of them.

It is a shame when you are told there is nothing else that can be done and it is the characteristics of the car. Ford knows there is a problem and has no way to fix it or does not want to incur the cost to fix it. Buying two new S550's in a short amount of time was an expensive lesson. I bought the first one 10k under MSRP and the second one 12k under MSRP. It could have been worse.

My brother has an S550. Guess what, it vibrates too. He just sold his Mustang and will be buying something other than a Ford.

I went to the dark side and purchased a 2017 Challenger Shaker Scat Pack for my DD.
I'm heading towards a Challenger myself. There are a few 2016's left around here with 10K off MSRP. I have no confidence that Ford will fix the vib issue and the AC evap thing will eventually bite everyone in the tail. Can you give me a little A-B comparison between the Mustang and Challenger? Driving characteristics, comfort, etc? Do you have a clear preference if you ignore the problems the Mustang has?

Sponsored

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
My hose clamp fix is still holding on... Vibration free. Somewhere back in this giant thread is the procedure I used to cure it.

John

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Still good

My hose clamp fix is still holding on... Vibration free. Somewhere back in this giant thread is the procedure I used to cure it.

John
John, my hose clamps are holding up perfectly as well. The procedure is way back on page 118-119! This thread seems to cover a lot of ground, very quickly!

Blake

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Get the 2018 looks like they made some driveline changes hopefully they dont vibrate like the 15-17's!!!
WHAT ARE THE CHANGES?????????

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I herd (pun intended) the 2018 driveshafts vibrate to match the heart-rate of an equine Mustang, just like the start button.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
WHAT ARE THE CHANGES?????????
Probably shipping every car with a bag of hose clamps in the glove box & DIY instructions for how to fasten them to the DS if it vibrates ...................
Sponsored