Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang Premium Automagic
Did you just follow the instructions from the earlier posts? or did you find some new tricks?
Earlier post. I only needed one. Put in just behind the large weight at the back of the ds. It got worse.. i keep spinning it until it felt 90% better on the stands. Test drove it... 0 vibrations. Its as smooth as glass. My car shook so bad at 60 the mirrors vibrated, steering wheel, seats etc.
Sponsored

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tri-Coat Yellow Manual Ecoboost Premium
Earlier post. I only needed one. Put in just behind the large weight at the back of the ds. It got worse.. i keep spinning it until it felt 90% better on the stands. Test drove it... 0 vibrations. Its as smooth as glass. My car shook so bad at 60 the mirrors vibrated, steering wheel, seats etc.

That's how mine shakes. It looks like there is a bag of vibrators underneath my passenger seat it shakes so much and my rear view mirror will literally move by the time I get to work I have to re-adjust it.

Silly question but where did you put your stands once you jacked it up?

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That's how mine shakes. It looks like there is a bag of vibrators underneath my passenger seat it shakes so much and my rear view mirror will literally move by the time I get to work I have to re-adjust it.

Silly question but where did you put your stands once you jacked it up?
Rear pinch welds... i tried to push it off the stands before I fired it up to be safe lol. Its pretty easy and nothing to worry about. Just point the car away from any walls just in case :lol:

Boosty15

Young Padawan
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Tri-Coat Yellow Manual Ecoboost Premium
Well I was trying to think where i'm supposed to jack up the car and put the stand in at on the same side. unless lifting the whole side of the car from one pinch weld isn't damaging? I was always told not to do that.

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Final Fix on my Car

Well guys, got my lemon law check from Ford today, so on to new adventures ;)

Since the dealer did claim they had fixed the issue (after 71 days out of service & 3 hours after I officially accepted the buy back offer :doh: ) I did ask what the final deal was.

They said it was all DS related. They tried different wheels, pulling off my Steeda stuff, some other assorted fiddling about all to no avail. Ford (apparently) would not authorize a 3rd replacement DS and instead, they sent mine off to an outside shop for balancing. That place sent it back & stated it was not balance-able :eyebulge: but FSE's kept insisting it was within spec (but did acknowledge the car vibrated) :headbonk:.

No doubt, some FSE's are better than others & unfortunately I drew a lame-o one :(

In the end, they went with the on car, hose clamp balancing. 3 different ppl @ the dealer claim it's now smooth as glass, but I never bothered to drive it & confirm since the buy back was a done deal and I was just 'burned out' on the whole mess.

So there you have it FWIW, seems Ford has crap QC of their DS's and the fix that works best appears to be the hose clamp deal. Too bad they didn't do that when it 1st went in instead of waiting 70+ days :shrug:

Hope this somehow helps the rest of you get yours straightened out without too much crap from your respective dealers !

Dealer was Elder Ford in Tampa.

Sponsored

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Dang MikeD1 ... what a fiasco. Your signature says it has a Roush S/C and all kinds of aftermarket goodies. How did the buy back from Ford work on a car with so many mods? Too bad the timing was off a little, as if it's really fixed then maybe it would have been worth keeping. :shrug:

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
Dang MikeD1 ... what a fiasco. Your signature says it has a Roush S/C and all kinds of aftermarket goodies. How did the buy back from Ford work on a car with so many mods? Too bad the timing was off a little, as if it's really fixed then maybe it would have been worth keeping. :shrug:
In FL if the selling dealer installs the mods @ the time of sale & there is a buy back, they have to give you the whole thing. If I had done it myself, at another shop or waited I would have had to eat the mods (and remove them).

I was so disgusted by the time they said it was fixed & had already settled on the buy back I declined the offer to just accept the car. When I went to clear out my personal stuff last week, I was glad I did. When I took her in (1275 miles) she was perfect & still smelled new inside. What I would have gotten back looked like crap, water spots everywhere, interior smelled like the inside of an old oil can, scuff marks on the door panels + they had managed to roll nearly 100 miles on her :tsk:

I was just over the whole thing & had no interest in trying to negotiate having them clean it up etc. etc. There was not even any offer of an extended warranty or compensation - just take the car or the check - it was a zero brainer @ that point for me !

ABS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Well I was trying to think where i'm supposed to jack up the car and put the stand in at on the same side. unless lifting the whole side of the car from one pinch weld isn't damaging? I was always told not to do that.
If you put your floor jack under the diff, then you can lift the whole back of the car off the ground. Then you can put the two jack-stands in at the same time. I put a couple of layers of an old towel on top of the jack-stands so that they didn't scratch up the pinch welds. Not saying any of this is correct, but it worked fine for me. Really, you should be able to get the dealer to do this once you mention the Special Service Message that was quoted in earlier posts. They are aware of the problem and they do know how to do the on-car DS balance. A local shop may be able to do it for a couple hundred bucks, if you don't feel like using your dealer or crawling under your car etc.

Sick03L

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Note to all.... just hose clamp it and be done.

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
don't mean to be difficult but a video showcasing this method would be ideal to us mechanically challenged? i'm interested in fixing this as well.

Sponsored

768mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
Note to all.... just hose clamp it and be done.
You need to eliminate the possibility of driveshaft runout before just throwing a clamp on it.
You'll have a chance of damaging parts later on.

jgedde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, M6, Triple Yellow
You need to eliminate the possibility of driveshaft runout before just throwing a clamp on it.
You'll have a chance of damaging parts later on.
So if the shaft is running out, how can you fix it? Loosen the flange bolts and tap it over with a brass hammer? Or is it pinned and not movable?

John

768mph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT
So if the shaft is running out, how can you fix it? Loosen the flange bolts and tap it over with a brass hammer? Or is it pinned and not movable?

John
Haven't had a chance to mess with it, it's been in the dealer's hands since.
I don't want to touch it to prevent any issues with Ford not warranting repairs to my car.

Dealer states my is due for permanent fix, "currently being worked on by the engineering team"
It's better than, "that's all we can do"

03cobra

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Man I'm sure sick03l knows what he's doing. Beside if it was out of round or wobbled no hose clamp could bslance driveshaft.