Sponsored

Tuner Can't Tune Car

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Juggernaut also has the sift points stupid low when doing auto shifting. Like 7500 in first, 6800 in second, and 6600 in third.
torque management?

Frankly I'm surprised it's not the reverse. I don't have an A10 so don't know where the shift RPMs drop to, but IMO if torque max is 4500'ish RPM I would choose shift points so that the new RPM is about 10% below peak so you climb into it and 'overrun' on the high side to about 15% below peak. Lather. Repeat.

So if this chart isn't total bunk, the shift band would be 3700-6500 or so.
2020mustanggtdyno78678.png
Sponsored

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
torque management?

Frankly I'm surprised it's not the reverse. I don't have an A10 so don't know where the shift RPMs drop to, but IMO if torque max is 4500'ish RPM I would choose shift points so that the new RPM is about 10% below peak so you climb into it and 'overrun' on the high side to about 15% below peak. Lather. Repeat.

So if this chart isn't total bunk, the shift band would be 3700-6500 or so.
Car is a 6r80. It has a ported 18 mani and cams so it can rev pretty high. Honestly it needs a better manifold but that's for after I get this tune dialed in. I've found the best results shifting at like 7900 rpm. Also works good for 60-130 pulls as you hit 130 at like 7800 rpm in 3rd.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Another day another update...

I have been trying to get Juggernaut to raise my shift points but somehow they keep failing... This is the 2nd or 3rd time they have tried to raise the shift point and not been able to. 1st gear shift point keeps increasing but the rest will shift well below 7k consistently. Not sure what they are doing wrong.

For some good news the car is going faster. I have to manually shift it to override their terrible shift points but it looks like they changed the intake cam timing to closer to what Lund has and it picked up some good power. They also said they increased spark timing a bit.

Edit: They also are running into the same shifting issue that Wengerd and Lund had with paddle shifters. Didn't mention it yet as I don't want to distract them. Pretty sure its baked into the base file but not sure what the fix is. Hopefully they know. I think maybe Wengerd found the solution after dealing with my car, Lund already knew about it and was able to send me a revision that fixed it. The issue occurs when you do a high rpm paddle shift in 3rd. The car will go to 4th then immediately go to 5th by itself then if you let off the throttle downshift to 4th again, all on its own.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
No response today. I was really expecting their customer service to be better.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
They responded and sent me a new log config to log more trans data so they can see what's going on. Maybe they will actually respond with a working tune today smh

So close to spending $410 and getting pcm tec and trying to tune the car myself (software, credits, cable/connetor).

Ultimately if I think I could get over the knowledge and learning curve I would be better off as I am picky with how the car drives and want things that most tuners just won't offer (Like ghost cam constantly on my main tune). It also means I can't blame others for the car. I built it and I tuned it, if its slow or not running right than its my fault and I won't have to wait for my tuner to respond to me.

I think Lund's tunes are actually really good as a base, I just wish they would put in the effort for my questions.
Juggernaut's paddle shifting is just horrible. The downshifts are really bad, car is trying to engine brake while it shifts causing the car to violently decel. So not only do I have to get them to get the car to run as it should, I then have to get them to fix my paddleshift upshift issue, then have them fix the downshift drivability issue, then we can finally move on to e85. At the rate of this progress, I won't have a solid tune for another 2 months.

Sponsored

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
So close to spending $410 and getting pcm tec and trying to tune the car myself (software, credits, cable/connetor).
Might want to confirm but I believe it comes with credits to tune one car so probably closer to $300. Or $230 if you want to use the cheap Chinese cable. It really is a bargain.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Might want to confirm but I believe it comes with credits to tune one car so probably closer to $300. Or $230 if you want to use the cheap Chinese cable. It really is a bargain.
Interesting.

I looked on their site and thought it was going to be like $1200. I must have been looking at the wrong thing.

What’s needed to tune your own gen 2 car from them?

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Interesting.

I looked on their site and thought it was going to be like $1200. I must have been looking at the wrong thing.

What’s needed to tune your own gen 2 car from them?
With PCMTEC, if you *only* want the ability to tune (no Custom OS features), then you only need the ProTuner package. If you want Custom OS, but only need it for one car, you need the ProTuner with Custom OS for one car package. If you plan to do Custom OS on multiple cars, the Workshop package is what you’ll need.

Most people will only need either ProTuner or ProTuner with Custom OS for one car.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible

mejohn50

Intergalactic Snail
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mitch
Vehicle(s)
slow junk
Thanks. What does the custom OS do?
Custom OS gives you features like user adjustable flex fuel, sensor based flex fuel, multiple tune slots that are switchable on the fly, and rolling rev limiter among other things with more stuff on the way.

Sponsored
OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
$260 for the credits and software. $150 after shipping for their recommended cable.

OP
OP
tdstuart

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
Where are you looking? Their site shows $214.5 aud which like $140 usd and it includes credits for one car.
Ah for some reason I thought it saw it doesn’t include credits.

So like $130 for the software and credits and $150 for the cable. Even more of a reason to get it

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Ah for some reason I thought it saw it doesn’t include credits.

So like $130 for the software and credits and $150 for the cable. Even more of a reason to get it
My buddy tested a Chinese j2534 and it worked for about $30. Can’t guarantee longevity though and he said to immediately toss the virus laden software included with it.

So technically you could be out the door for under $200.
Sponsored