Transmission Problem: Heads Up!

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ok guys, I got great news to report today. The service manager called me and said they are going to do a complete transmission swap.

They are replacing the transmission in part because of “the lack of parts availability, including the housing” and because of “the potential of unknown international damage.”

Transmission comes off back order on the 17th, so hopefully it will ship out fast. The front splitter is also being warranted due to a wrong size screw being used during PDI. It’s back ordered until mid December.

Looks like my driving season is over for the year, but the car is being fixed the correct way.
Make sure they replace the cooler and flush the lines.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD

Attachments

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
but the car is being fixed the correct way.
Exactly. Shame you had to go dealership shopping to find one though. FORD seriously needs to give some dealerships the old 5 knuckle tuneup. Anyways, congrats on finding one that went above and beyond !

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
BEST NEWS ALL DAY, John! Hallelujah, brother!

Didn't you mention already that the plan was to replace the entire system incluing the lines and cooler mainly because the fancy flushing machines are pretty scarce? (Too tired to scroll back and check...sorry, amigo but I seem to remember that conversation.)

In any event, you know as much about the car and the issues as any owner could and I'm sure that will do you in good stead during this repair.

I'm not a Mustang tech by the remotest stretch of the imagination but in my small town, this car is quite the rarity and simply by being the guy who owns the car, I get creds and respect from the Service department and the Shelby tech who is the only person who works on the car. Undeserved for sure but it's nice to know that people actually give a darn and really try to do their best work. As an owner, I really can't ask for more than that.

Your situation sounds quite similar and why I feel confident that the folks at the extremely helpful store will take care of your girl properly and in as timely a fashion as they are able.

I sure hope so, dude.

KB

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Ok guys, I got great news to report today. The service manager called me and said they are going to do a complete transmission swap.

They are replacing the transmission in part because of “the lack of parts availability, including the housing” and because of “the potential of unknown international damage.”

Transmission comes off back order on the 17th, so hopefully it will ship out fast. The front splitter is also being warranted due to a wrong size screw being used during PDI. It’s back ordered until mid December.

Looks like my driving season is over for the year, but the car is being fixed the correct way.
Thats great news

Good to know on the spoiler as well, as i think im about to need a new one unfortunatley

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
I will definitely be leaving it to a dealership to deal with. Trying to track down a service department I can trust.

Loading the car on and off the record was a pain in the ass. My brothers and I had to help the driver and used multiple blocks. I ordered my own trailer today.

i’m trying to find a good dealership. Does anyone know anyone in Tulsa?

After looking closer, it appears the threads are stripped....

133EFA08-AD60-40E0-991B-E2145E76EE01.jpeg

FEA48EDE-8BF6-4BF7-962D-64031C00346A.jpeg
Definitely way overtorqued, all the loctite got pushed out of the hole.

OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Dealer just called...

The transmission came off back order and has shipped. If everything goes well, I’ll get to take her home
Friday.

My car is also now flagged for the break recall. Parts are being ordered priority since the car is in for service. Dealer expects to fix the breaks once the splitter arrives in early December.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Dealer just called...

The transmission came off back order and has shipped. If everything goes well, I’ll get to take her home
Friday.

My car is also now flagged for the break recall. Parts are being ordered priority since the car is in for service. Dealer expects to fix the breaks once the splitter arrives in early December.
So you are getting a splitter out of the deal too? excellent. I hope you get to keep the old one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP

So you are getting a splitter out of the deal too? excellent. I hope you get to keep the old one.
One bolt on the original splitter installed during PDI was the wrong length and was protruding. Not all the way through, but not acceptable. It’s being warranted and has been ordered. It’s back ordered until early December.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
One bolt on the original splitter installed during PDI was the wrong length and was protruding. Not all the way through, but not acceptable. It’s being warranted and has been ordered. It’s back ordered until early December.
Will they let you keep the old one?

Metal Mike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 (CFTP), others
The front splitter is also being warranted due to a wrong size screw being used during PDI. It’s back ordered until mid December.
...back ordered until mid December? I guess that's why mine still hasn't arrived...

Relieved to hear some resolution on the tranny, John.
Sponsored