Big John

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
So I have 1800 miles and my return line for my tranny was leaking enough to puddle and leaked while It was running. Didn’t lose anywhere near the fluid Big John did. Been to my local dealer and replaced the set of seals, one is plastic and the other is rubber. Still leaked. It looks like the line was bent or enough pressure was applied somewhere in the line and It won’t line up correctly to seat. So we bent the tab where the bolt attaches and I get one drip per night. Ordered a new line and as soon as It arrives back to the dealer. At least this time I won’t have to have it put up on flatbed.

822EEAD7-926D-41C9-82A4-45B0884E3644.jpeg
That sucks your still fighting this battle. Mine never showed any signs of leaking. Just launched the bolt off while driving.
Sponsored

MPRR11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2015 F150 ecoboost, 2014 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT
That sucks your still fighting this battle. Mine never showed any signs of leaking. Just launched the bolt off while driving.
I saw that. Both of our issues are something someone did during production. Sucks for both of us. I’m hoping my line is the problem. If It leaks after replacing, last is the tranny! My line was fine for 2 months. Then one day I noticed a few miles from my house It burning on my exhaust. Looked under and it was leaking enough to puddle in a couple of minutes. Drove home and waited until I went down and talked to my dealer. We ordered the seals hoping that was it.

kilobravo

Threads
Reaction score
Website
kilobravo.com
First Name
KB
Vehicle(s)
'16 CT6, '18 SD, '20 GT 500
Damn sorry to hear, Mike. Did you have to have the wrecker come to the house and push the vehicle out of the garage?

But, it sounds like things are under control at your end, I hope the new line comes in quickly.

I don't think "two forum incidients" call for general quarters but it is concerning.

Last edited:

MPRR11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2015 F150 ecoboost, 2014 Mustang GT, 2005 Mustang GT
Damn sorry to hear, Mike. Did you have to have the wrecker come to the house and push the vehicle out of the garage?

But, it sounds like things are under control at your end, I hope the new line comes in quickly.

I don't think "two forum incidients" call for general quarters but it is concerning.
its drivable lol. It’s easy to disengage the tranny into neutral. Rolled out the garage and tow hook onto the trailer.

I don’t think it’s a big issue either. Just someone in the line being lazy or not careful in both cases so far.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Unfortunately, not yet. However, the dealer is ordering my break pedal assembly. It will be warranty if it makes the recall list before installation or will refund me after.
Its only a $105 part. The problem is that you can't get the part unless you are on the list. I wish Ford would get off their ass.

Groovy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 700A Tremec Oxford White
From looking at the picture of the stripped threads and the blue loctite on the mating surface, I'd guess the guy assembling this overtightened and stripped the threads. So he probably put loctite on the surface and snugged the bolt, hoping the loctite would hold it.
I fully agree with this analogy. Who knows how many more were delivered with the same loctite bandaid. The use of pneumatic tools to install a steel fastener into aluminum is recipe for disaster. Especially like this when you are collapsing an o ring seal offset to fastener.

OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Dealer has submitted the problem to Ford and hopes to get a response tomorrow. Still in the holding pattern for now.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Dealer has submitted the problem to Ford and hopes to get a response tomorrow. Still in the holding pattern for now.
This better not come down to cutting corners. I would accept nothing less than a new transmission

OP
OP
Big John

Big John

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP
Ok guys, I got great news to report today. The service manager called me and said they are going to do a complete transmission swap.

They are replacing the transmission in part because of “the lack of parts availability, including the housing” and because of “the potential of unknown international damage.”

Transmission comes off back order on the 17th, so hopefully it will ship out fast. The front splitter is also being warranted due to a wrong size screw being used during PDI. It’s back ordered until mid December.

Looks like my driving season is over for the year, but the car is being fixed the correct way.

Diel11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Diel
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2020 GR Supra, 2020 Grabber Lime Track Pack, 1992 Nissan Skyline GT-R
Congrats man, whew!!! Glad to hear.
Sponsored