Sponsored

Totaled - RIP My Love

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
I really don't get all the hate on the pirellis....:shrug:

It's around 35f here at the moment, cold n damp... I went for a 135 Mike trip along some of the twistiest, cold, damp roads in N Wales yesterday...:)

Not even a hint of wheel spin, or sliding... the throttle pedal works both ways:)

Maybe I should do the lottery, I must be lucky to have stayed alive:D
get some real tires and youll see why. I could never apply a moderate amount of throttle without spinning the rear tires and the weather wasnt even cold. Then I got pilot super sports and can hammer it all day long without losing grip

dead last:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/pirelli-p-zero-page-2

rated #22 out of 30:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP
Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
get some real tires and youll see why. I could never apply a moderate amount of throttle without spinning the rear tires and the weather wasnt even cold. Then I got pilot super sports and can hammer it all day long without losing grip

dead last:
http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/pirelli-p-zero-page-2

rated #22 out of 30:
http://www.tirerack.com/tires/surveyresults/surveydisplay.jsp?type=MP
As far as I'm concerned the Pirellis are real tyres.....yes I'm sure there are better, but 10000 miles all over the UK and Europe, and no issues, I'm happy enough until they wear out:)

SpeedLu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Premium PP1 Mustang GT, 2017 F-150 Platinum FX4
As far as I'm concerned the Pirellis are real tyres.....yes I'm sure there are better, but 10000 miles all over the UK and Europe, and no issues, I'm happy enough until they wear out:)
The Pirellis are terrible. The best handling upgrade you can do for this car is to get better tires. It makes an even bigger difference than changing out the entire suspension.

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Dam everybody is a race car driver and knows what to do instantly at every exact moment :cool:

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
Pirellis suck. They are the nosiest tires I have run on any vehicle. I can't wait until they wear out so I can get something better.

Sponsored

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
The Pirellis are terrible. The best handling upgrade you can do for this car is to get better tires. It makes an even bigger difference than changing out the entire suspension.
Damn, I thought the P-zeros were great in their prime but they just don't last very long.

I changed over to the BF Goodrich Comp 2s at 10k miles and the wet weather handling has significantly improved but I think dry weather is about the same. I'm not a fan of the sidewall design, they look like truck tires to me.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Some are saying the Pirellis are terrible, but some have regular GTs, EBs, V6s, some have PPs, some have EB PPs....these all use different Pirelli P Zero tires. P Zeros can feel and act completely differently from one size/application to another.

The Max Performance Summer P-Zeros on the GT PP cars are damn good. Better than the Conti Extreme Contacts from my experience.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Some are saying the Pirellis are terrible, but some have regular GTs, EBs, V6s, some have PPs, some have EB PPs....these all use different Pirelli P Zero tires. P Zeros can feel and act completely differently from one size/application to another.
They don't. I saw some V6 (and I think base EBs and GTs) with Hankooks and Goodyears.

But generally it is true - GT PP (and EB PP I think) get summer P-Zeros, rest gets All Season P Zero Neros or a different brand.

Generally whining about how bad these tires are becomes ridiculous.

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Dam everybody is a race car driver and knows what to do instantly at every exact moment :cool:
Ideally, you shouldn't be driving so close to either the car's limits or your own that you can't cope with most unexpected situations. And when hooning it on a highway ramp as appears to have been the case, you should at least expect more adverse possibilities to occur from time to time. We really don't know OP's whole story, and since he's been gone almost 3 months chances are we never will.

If you don't know what to do almost instinctively to make your car behave once it starts getting only a little loose - and know that you can do it - you shouldn't be trying to drive like a race car driver. If you can't tell when "a little loose" is starting to happen, you're going to fast or too hard for what your skill set can support. Yes, this means that you have to be aware of how close you might be crowding the above-mentioned limits at any given moment any time you aren't driving really 'easy'. Know your car. Know yourself.

Norm

Sponsored

goldengooner

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 California Special Convertible
Good news! Not only are they poor-handling and noisy, they also have terrible tread life!
Interested to hear what California Special owners think of their A/S P.Zeros?
Have had no issues with mine, and that includes down the Top Gear track in the wet at 140mph
Are they as bad as the summer tires, or a lot better.
Really would like to know why only the CS got them?

Brando

Get Some
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 Red LX 331 Stroker
The Max Performance Summer P-Zeros on the GT PP cars are damn good. Better than the Conti Extreme Contacts from my experience.
I can't wait for you to drive them below 55* in the rain. I would equate them to buttered glass.

A set of Yokohama Advan A/S woke me up to just how bad the summer P-Zeros are in certain situations.

When it's 90* on a dry summer day, they're petty good

Until you drive on a set of Pilot Super Sports.

The P-Zeros are not the worst in the world, I would just question one's sanity if they were to purchase a second set, as they are also pretty pricey.

mojo2008

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT/CS
Interested to hear what California Special owners think of their A/S P.Zeros?
Have had no issues with mine, and that includes down the Top Gear track in the wet at 140mph
Are they as bad as the summer tires, or a lot better.
Really would like to know why only the CS got them?
I lose the rear end every now and then, especially when it's colder. Always when I am heavy on the throttle though. Otherwise they have been fine.

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
I raced a GT40 for ten years and this is one of my heroes Kenny Brack at Goodwood in the wet on ancient Dunlop Racing tyres. 'nuf said.

Surely you buy a Mustang because it needs more driving than a VW Golf?

While watching that video I kept saying to myself "WOW, I would have crashed there....and there....and there"; you get the picture. :hail::hail: to that driver.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
While watching that video I kept saying to myself "WOW, I would have crashed there....and there....and there"; you get the picture. :hail::hail: to that driver.
I was thinking that I could correct many of the slides that happened, but I would be a nervous wreck after the first couple slides and I would have backed off. What always impresses me are people who can be relaxed while also alert enough to do that - especially lap after lap.
Sponsored