DEALERSHIP TOTALED MY CAR!!!

voodoochild

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ivan
Vehicle(s)
NotYetWhatIWant
A lot of folks on here are too young to get that reference without looking up on Google.
If those snotty-nosed, trigger warning, safe space loving, millennial cupcakes don't learn but one thing in HS, then FTaRH is that one thing.
Sponsored

Mike02z

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum
Last week Thursday 8-4 I took my car to AutoNation Ford Scottsdale to check on some suspension noise I was hearing in the front drive side. The technician took the car for a drive to diagnose the problem and got into an accident.

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.​
Fast times at Ridgemont High - Sean Penn

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
Two cars having the same mass and both going 25 MPH and colliding head on is the same as one car going 25 MPH and hitting a completely solid object.

Sponsored

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
Only if those cars are of equal mass. Try that with a Prius and an F250 and tell me which one shows more damage.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Totally sorry to hear this.

Same thing happened to me with my '91 300ZX. I had to seek legal help with that one.
It took forever to get everything all worked out too.

Good luck!

King Jackmode

HA! HA!
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT, 2016 S550 EB
Last week Thursday 8-4 I took my car to AutoNation Ford Scottsdale to check on some suspension noise I was hearing in the front drive side. The technician took the car for a drive to diagnose the problem and got into an accident.

Relax, all right? My old man is a television repairman, he's got this ultimate set of tools. I can fix it.​
You can't fix this car, Spicoli!

OP
OP

5LITERV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Well after almost 2 months of misery driving a Fusion I am finally back in a Mustang. The GM was able to negotiate with his insurance company to increase the value of the totaled car. The insurance agreed to split the difference between the initial value of $31k for the totaled car and the MSRP of $45k for the new car. That ended up giving me $13k cash towards the new car. My payment is now $8 more that the previous loan so I am happy that it worked out and I can put all of this behind me. They were also able to install all the aftermarket parts so the only thing that I will end up paying is window tint.

At the end I have to say that I am really disappointed with Ford HQ as they didn't do anything to help me with my situation. I spoke with numerous people including some of the reps that are on this forum and no help. All I wanted is someone from Ford HQ to contact the GM to see if they are working with me to fix this situation and nothing else but all I got from them them is that you have to work that out with the dealer yourself.

I was able to get a hold of the local Channel 12 news and they seem interested in covering the story but they wanted to see if GM was willing to work this out with me before proceeding with it.

Here is my new 2017 Mustang :headbang:

2017%20Mustang_zpsuloudwsi.jpg

Sponsored

Gigantor

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Congrats

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Don't sweat the little things, could have been a much bigger headache for you than this. Glad it ended up working out

FranzVonHoffer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang Base GT TP
Nice! I'm glad to see there was a good solution to this.

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Well after almost 2 months of misery driving a Fusion I am finally back in a Mustang. The GM was able to negotiate with his insurance company to increase the value of the totaled car. The insurance agreed to split the difference between the initial value of $31k for the totaled car and the MSRP of $45k for the new car. That ended up giving me $13k cash towards the new car. My payment is now $8 more that the previous loan so I am happy that it worked out and I can put all of this behind me. They were also able to install all the aftermarket parts so the only thing that I will end up paying is window tint.

At the end I have to say that I am really disappointed with Ford HQ as they didn't do anything to help me with my situation. I spoke with numerous people including some of the reps that are on this forum and no help. All I wanted is someone from Ford HQ to contact the GM to see if they are working with me to fix this situation and nothing else but all I got from them them is that you have to work that out with the dealer yourself.

I was able to get a hold of the local Channel 12 news and they seem interested in covering the story but they wanted to see if GM was willing to work this out with me before proceeding with it.

Here is my new 2017 Mustang :headbang:

How many additional months do you have on the loan now?
Sponsored