• Total voters

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
Stuff like this piss me off bro... I feel it for you. I don't know why people are in such a rush and driving like assholes. Texas drivers are fucking terrible too its like they want to get into wrecks. And Texas laws are HORRIBLE. I'm just happy you're OK. cars can be replaced.

I almost lost my car last night too...
Because people can't do the bare minimum of anything and have to behave like fucking morons... I was driving home in heavy traffic and an asshole was tailgating me. The car in front was tailgating the other. Predictably the one infront of me Slammed on his brakes... 70mph to 0....

Luckily I gave the idiot 2 car lengths so was able to go slightly off the road So the moron up my ass didn't rear end me...

I just dont understand whats wrong with people...
Sponsored

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I got in an accident this weekend and was hit by a truck on the highway. I’m not sure if my car is totaled but I’m also pretty concerned that the damage done to it, if repaired, will result in an unreliable car for the next few years, not to mention the total hit I’ll take if I ever want to resell the car.

I’m in contact with my insurance but, due to the Holidays, things are moving a little slow. I have not yet heard back from the adjuster so I’m not sure what they will say...any input you all have would be much appreciated.

Also, the accident happened in TX and I live in TX...and I believe the state standard for a car to be a total loss vehicle is 100%...

I’ve linked my pics to this webpage:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eRkG6K2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Damn! First off, glad to hear that no one was hurt. It’s hard to say if they’ll total it or not, but if you don’t want it fixed you can influence the decision by raising a stink about safety concerns etc, if they feel you’ll be difficult receiving the car back after it’s fixed they may go ahead and total it.
On the flip side, if they do not total it, you do not have to accept it back until you are 100% satisfied with it.
The damage is probably between $7-$10k may be higher or lower depending on if they have their own repair facility.

OP
OP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang Ecoboost 10 Speed Automatic
It can be repaired but it will most likely be totalled and even,if they dont I wouldnt trust that car.

Unfortunately it looks like the A Pillar and shock tower shifted. These parts can be replaced on these cars but getting everything lined up is very tricky and can cause the car to have dangerous handling after the repair...

So assume its totalled.
Does insurance take the dangers of handling the vehicle into account though? That’s my biggest concern... and is there firewall damage that you can see in the picture? People have mentioned that as an additional concern...I don’t know what a firewall is but from what I googled it’s hard for me to say there is any firewall damage...

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Does insurance take the dangers of handling the vehicle into account though? That’s my biggest concern... and is there firewall damage that you can see in the picture? People have mentioned that as an additional concern...I don’t know what a firewall is but from what I googled it’s hard for me to say there is any firewall damage...
The firewall is the large sheet metal structure that separates the engine compartment from the interior. In your pics it looks as if the area beyond the door hinges may have compromised the firewall and from what I know that's a sign the car could be written off. Glad you weren't injured.
79337_1_61_Thumb.jpg

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
The value of that model is about $16k (wholesale), so probably totaled.

Sponsored

DmanDmythDlegend

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang gt pp1
I have been an insurance adjuster for almost 14 years, I am thoroughly amused by the comments putting damage in the 7 to 10k range. The knee assembly is probably about 2 to 3k by its self. The door is around 800 to 1200. The hinge pillar is composed of several layers, the outer layer is obviously toast but the inner high strength steel portion is likely done as well, easily 2k in parts and a massive amount of labor to get access to this repair. The upper rail looks to be damaged as well. So yea, as i said originally its damn near or over 15k in damage. Depending on state, damage needs to exceed 75% of the actual cash value to be an actual total loss. An adjuster can also do a constructive total loss, this can add up the cost to repair, the expected salvage value, anticipated supplements and for claimants, estimated rental costs to equal or exceed the actual cash value. An insurance adjuster may also be able to do a discretionary total loss, where repairs are just not recommended or are too risky to the long term safety of the vehicle. It will be one of the 1st two that the adjuster will use total your car.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
The damage is probably between $7-$10k may be higher or lower depending on if they have their own repair facility.
That's WAY WAY WAY more than 7k worth of damage.

THIS is 7600 worth:

flw2n9W.jpg

Bluelightning

Bluelightning
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lightning Blue 2017 GT350, 2019 F-150 4x4 Ecoboost (Daily)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey all,

I got in an accident this weekend and was hit by a truck on the highway. I’m not sure if my car is totaled but I’m also pretty concerned that the damage done to it, if repaired, will result in an unreliable car for the next few years, not to mention the total hit I’ll take if I ever want to resell the car.

I’m in contact with my insurance but, due to the Holidays, things are moving a little slow. I have not yet heard back from the adjuster so I’m not sure what they will say...any input you all have would be much appreciated.

Also, the accident happened in TX and I live in TX...and I believe the state standard for a car to be a total loss vehicle is 100%...

I’ve linked my pics to this webpage:

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/eRkG6K2?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
I believe it's 75% to total the car. I just totaled mine in Houston recently. I would say that it is probably totaled given the damage I can see. Glad you're ok.

kent0464

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kent
Vehicle(s)
1983 Ford Ranger, 1986 SVO Mustang, 2017 Mustang GT PP, 2017 F150 3.5 Eco
Vehicle Showcase

THIS is 7600 worth:

flw2n9W.jpg

Wow! My wife’s new Camry was hit on the passenger side, bumper cover, hood, fender, door, wheel and tire.....that only came to $5400 and had the car back in 4 days.

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
Wow! My wife’s new Camry was hit on the passenger side, bumper cover, hood, fender, door, wheel and tire.....that only came to $5400 and had the car back in 4 days.
Happened on Sept. 26th (I think) - Still don't have my car back.

Talked to the shop today and they said tomorrow is the day.

I've got a thread detailing the damage and included copies of the final adjustment: https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/posts/2724689/

Sponsored

sabtaj1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 Mustang GT, 1965 Fairlane 500 wagon
she done.... strut tower moved at all from stock spec and its a gone. to me it looks like it had to move.

Briebee72

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019

THIS is 7600 worth:

flw2n9W.jpg
How the heck is that 7600 in damage? I can buy and have painted gt350 front end for under 1000 and I doubt a hood repaint is 6600 dollars. Or is there something IM missing here?

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
How the heck is that 7600 in damage? I can buy and have painted gt350 front end for under 1000 and I doubt a hood repaint is 6600 dollars. Or is there something IM missing here?
One headlight is $1300! The stripes was 700 lol that’s 2k!:crazy:

Last edited:

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
Anyone who thinks that's $10K in damage hasn't been thru a claim lately.

Five years ago I got rear ended. Needed just a bumper cover, some styrofoam pieces, and pull out the steel bumper just a bit. $5K.

Last month, some dipshit ran into the side of our Expedition at slow speed (like parking lot speed) got both door skins. No other damage. $8k and two weeks for new aluminum skins and paint.

Drive safe!

Ps OP's car is WAAAY totaled.

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
The firewall is the metal that separates the engine from the interior of the car.

It's called a firewall, because it's literally there to, protect you in the event of a fire or engine explosion.

Pretty much everything on the mustang chassis is replaceable. The body is just a bunch of panels bonded together.

You can purchase a new firewall from ford and a bodyshop simply drills out the old seam welds then spotwelds the car back together...

Its just alot of work, and you need to have the car supported on some sort of jig so the body doesnt deform during the welding and cooling process.

But yeah anything can be fixed. The only question is how much.
Insurance companies dont care about safety, they just get a estimate from the body shop which they will low ball to pay out as little as they can, if the damage is more than the value if the car they total it.

The good news with that is insurance pays off ford. Then you can buy the crashed car off them for very little money. Then you can part it out, or rebuild it and get a salvaged title for it or make it a race car.
Sponsored