N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Of course you'd think the C8 was incredible. Not like you were comparing 'like' cars.
The only car FORD has that's comparable is the GT. 660 hp and 550 lb-ft @ 3058 lbs. oh, and it's 500K price tag. Suffice to say, I'll never drive one. So you got me there sport.
Sponsored

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
The only car FORD has that's comparable is the GT. 660 hp and 550 lb-ft @ 3058 lbs. oh, and it's 500K price tag. Suffice to say, I'll never drive one. So you got me there sport.
You keep on running 15's, sport.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've driven several gt350's, no R's though so I would say I'm very informed. While the voodoo is a fun engine, I personally would never own one. I know of too many friends that have had horror stories while owning them. You'll notice that most gt350 / gt350r don't tend to hold onto them past warranty. There is a reason for that.

Selling over MSRP isn't proof of anything besides the fact that people want the shiny new toy. Much like the shiny new toy, once the luster wears off, they are onto the next one.

No need to insult just because I don't agree with you, you like the gt350, that's your opinion. I think it's an unreliable mess that is fun when it happens to work and not chug quarts of oil, to each their own.
You're going to need to pick one. Do people sell them because they don't want to own one out of warranty or is it because the "luster wears off"?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You'll notice that most gt350 / gt350r don't tend to hold onto them past warranty. There is a reason for that.
No doubt some do not but not sure where you get numbers to support this contention, as compared to the normal turnover to chase the latest and greatest.

From a personal standpoint, even if the engine failed after my extended 7 year warranty, with the car garaged and otherwise in great shape, not sure that with the cost of rebuild especially with newer block or even complete new engine would be completely out of the question. Trade in value plus cost of engine will likely be less than what a new sports car in the same class would be and any newer car likely wouldn't have a manual transmission. But I might be the odd man out. Just hard to beat this car for engagement when driving.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
No doubt some do not but not sure where you get numbers to support this contention, as compared to the normal turnover to chase the latest and greatest.

From a personal standpoint, even if the engine failed after my extended 7 year warranty, with the car garaged and otherwise in great shape, not sure that with the cost of rebuild especially with newer block or even complete new engine would be completely out of the question. Trade in value plus cost of engine will likely be less than what a new sports car in the same class would be and any newer car likely wouldn't have a manual transmission. But I might be the odd man out. Just hard to beat this car for engagement when driving.
I did sell mine because I was worried about cost of ownership in general and engine reliability specifically. But also the magneride shocks, one of which failed while I owned my car. And I feel foolish for doing that. I agree an engine rebuild - if and when necessary - is worth it based on how special the car is. The same with other consumables.

Headless Horseman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
With the torque peak of 460ft/lbs at a lofty 6300rpms and a HP peak of 670 at a stratospheric 8400 rpm’s… you are going to have to drive it like you stole it to get the most out of it. It is going to be a big change from the large displacement or supercharged versions of the traditional LS/LT engines which produced big torque down low. Should be a blast to wring it out though!
I watched the reveal, amazing vehicle. This is a track vehicle.... HP you race, TQ you drive. This car does not make a lot of TQ relative to it's HP. It's sort of like our Coyotes x 10... :)

It is not going to feel inspiring or fast until you drive the heck out of it... for a street car, won't be a ton of fun, but for a track car... watch out.
This car has yet to grow on me in the looks dept. It looks like what I'm sure everyone else sees. Like they copied some foreign company. I pointed out to a friend that I didn't care for the sharp edges and the car looked unfinished. It reminded me of an 80s Ferrari or Lamborghini. He informed me that some of the newer models of those particular cars are going back to the shaper edges. Maybe the ZR1 will finish polishing the C8 off as far as looks.
If the engine is reliable into the distance of the future then it will definitely be something nice.
Something I don't think I've seen mentioned in this thread in regards to having to wound this motor out to see performance. This car will not have any problem in low RPMs or takeoff, it has a 5.56 final gear ratio which should help. I'm no genius in this department so by all means (and I'm sure I don't have to say this) correct me if I'm wrong!

ThreeFiveO

Chassis #1356
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gt350 Track Pack
They could have done so much better with the rear of this car. Call me picky but it would be a deal breaker for me at any level of performance.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You'll die laughing at the abomination that is the new Ferrari. And kiss the gm designer for not going there.

Sponsored

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
Of course a lot of Mustang guys are going to hate it or put it down or ridicule some of it's styling, that's to be expected.

Every time I see one, I want to run up to it and look. Still looks like a Corvette to me and makes my Mustang look dated in comparison.

Threebanger

I am legend.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bray
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It is an amazing piece of engineering on GM's part. They put in the effort where Ford cut corners on the VooDoo. The main factor was Chevy realized the FPC needed to be a Bespoke motor in order to achieve consistency. Ford tried to produce an FPC using assembly-line quality parts and powertrain commonality with the Coyote. IMHO that's why so many VooDoos have eaten themselves. If they weren't already sold out until 2026, I'd seriously consider jumping ship.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
It is an amazing piece of engineering on GM's part. They put in the effort where Ford cut corners on the VooDoo. The main factor was Chevy realized the FPC needed to be a Bespoke motor in order to achieve consistency. Ford tried to produce an FPC using assembly-line quality parts and powertrain commonality with the Coyote. IMHO that's why so many VooDoos have eaten themselves. If they weren't already sold out until 2026, I'd seriously consider jumping ship.
I really like the C8. I hope GM’s supply chain doesn’t get disrupted. Quality parts can go south when they are not available and the pressure to produce kicks in.
Side note. My buddies C8 convertible is amazing. The convertible system is like watching a slo mo transformer, very intricate with a bunch of moving parts. Lots to go wrong there.
Sponsored