Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Well now that GM has produced around a 100,000 C8‘s .They are as common as a mustang GT. I’ve owned a few C8 Z51’s . All I can say is the visceral experience is missing big time. The car has lost its soul and raw ness. No manual and a vey quite Z51 exhaust V/8 with only a 6500 red line.
The MSRP on a properly optioned Z06 is $135K. Ive been on a wait list at 2 dealerships. Ciocca in NJ # 392. Local dealership #6. But have second thoughts about owning this car. It’s more track focused car then a street car. Most corvette drivers will not track this car. Driven on the street means having its revs above 4000 rpms. I’ll probably have my allocation come up late in 2023.
I traded my last 2021 C8 in for a 2022 mach 1 manual . Still got over MSRP for the C8 and $25K in cash. The market value for used C8’s is dropping big time. All I can say is the mach is a holding car until I have to make a decision on the Z06. The mach 1 is so much more visceral experience as a DD then any C8 was. It’s been over 4 years since I owned my 350R. I really missed the manual trans. It seems like the mach 1 is a pleasant surprise and a well thought out street car with soul. I know I really like her.
Sponsored

Last edited:

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
Well now that GM has produced around a 100,000 C8‘s .They are as common as a mustang GT. I’ve owned a few C8 Z51’s . All I can say is the visceral experience is missing big time. The car has lost its soul and raw ness. No manual and a vey quite Z51 exhaust V/8 with only a 6500 red line.
The MSRP on a properly optioned Z06 is $135K. Ive been on a wait list at 2 dealerships. Ciocca in NJ # 392. Local dealership #6. But have second thoughts about owning this car. It’s more track focused car then a street car. Most corvette drivers will not track this car. Driven on the street means having its revs above 4000 rpms. I’ll probably have my allocation come up late in 2023.
I traded my last 2021 C8 in for a 2022 mach 1 manual . Still got over MSRP for the C8 and $25K in cash. The market value for used C8’s is dropping big time. All I can say is the mach is a holding car until I have to make a decision on the Z06. The mach 1 is so much more visceral experience as a DD then any C8 was. It’s been over 4 years since I owned my 350R. I really missed the manual trans. It seems like the mach 1 is a pleasant surprise and a well thought out street car with soul. I know I really like her.
Gotta ask…after you bought your first C8 Z51 and found it to be soul-less what motivated you to be another…and another?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta ask…after you bought your first C8 Z51 and found it to be soul-less what motivated you to be another…and another?
Hope? Or a sure thing financially, better than buying Tesla stock?

One 45 minute test drive and I quickly concluded the c8 was pointless and irrelevant.

All gm would need to do is drive by wire clutch and shifter and rope in the naysayers. Hell the brakes are by wire... though I would much prefer they jettison all this gratuitous tech sh&t.

Last edited:

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Hope? Or a sure thing financially, better than buying Tesla stock?

One 45 minute test drive and I quickly concluded the c8 was pointless and irrelevant.

All gm would need to do is drive by wire clutch and shifter and rope in the naysayers. Hell the brakes are by wire... though I would much prefer they jettison all this gratuitous tech sh&t.
Same here, drove my brother in laws C8 and just wasn’t feeling it. It’s fast no doubt but even with the GM “performance exhaust” it’s so quiet. The DCT is really good, I personally don’t need a manual for that car. It just didn’t do anything for me. I’d much rather have a C7 Grand Sport.

And you’re probably spot on with the financial comment. If you bought those cars in 2020 and 2021 and started flipping them when the market went really goofy, you probably made a good buck.
Sponsored