Sponsored

Thoughts on the 2023 Z06?

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
It's a beautiful car. Makes the S550 look dated and that's hard to do. It's not even close on what level this car is compared to the Mustang platform.

2023-Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-reveal.jpg

2023_Chevrolet_Corvette_Z06_1.jpg
It's not a car, it's a Transformer...
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I think comparing Corvettes to Mustangs, is like comparing cherries to grapes.
Mustang = sour grapes indeed. :)

The C7 at least had an organic shape to it. I never get bored looking at the ZR1 that comes out to C&C every week. The C8 doesn't hold the eye, nor interest. The C8 unfortunately suffers from facet/edge mania that has overtaken their design house. Leave that sh*t for Manga and Transformers, not consumer mobility.

The F117, F35 and F22 are an eyesore. The F16, F15, F14 and A10 are good looking airplanes. Same deal.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Mustang = sour grapes indeed. :)

The C7 at least had an organic shape to it. I never get bored looking at the ZR1 that comes out to C&C every week. The C8 doesn't hold the eye, nor interest. The C8 unfortunately suffers from facet/edge mania that has overtaken their design house. Leave that sh*t for Manga and Transformers, not consumer mobility.

The F117, F35 and F22 are an eyesore. The F16, F15, F14 and A10 are good looking airplanes. Same deal.
Well my 2 Mustangs were and are pretty sweet, but at least we agree on some things, but you left out the B1B Lancer.

Oh, I know the C7 is better than the C6, but I would rather have a C6, if I ever really wanted a Vette; which I don't.

GT350HE29

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350HE, 1966 Mustang Coupe, 1966 Corvette Sting Ray, 2014 F250
It's not a car, it's a Transformer...
Oh man! I was wondering if I was the only one seeing it this way. No doubt it will be special. And some picture angles it looks awesome, but when I see one coming down the road, I expect it to change into a monster truck.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh man! I was wondering if I was the only one seeing it this way. No doubt it will be special. And some picture angles it looks awesome, but when I see one coming down the road, I expect it to change into a monster truck.
I knew I wasn’t the only one. To me, the back looks like a flight deck.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I knew I wasn’t the only one. To me, the back looks like a flight deck.
I don’t understand GM’s fixation with sharp edgy extreme choppy designs. It’s been big in the Cadillac product line as well lately.

UpACurb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 20 Explorer
I know what I got! yells the old guy at the dealer as the car continues to sit on the floor years later.....

So I have seen many many C8s- sat in one- never driven one.....but heard depending on the alignment the C8s are either a wonderful car to drive or understeer like crazy

So its weird to me- from some angles the C8 looks incredible.....from others .....I dont know .....not sure I feel it.....like the back end with no spoiler- from certain angles looking at it in person from the front it looks too long/ flat- like a table - so I go back and forth on the looks

Other mid engine cars- they seem to look beautiful from every angle.....

For anyone trying to compare the new Z06 to our cars- its a much more expensive car - not really apples to apples .....yes they both have flat plane crank - but so does a Ferrari.......I mean you might as well say they both have 4 wheels and a steering wheel

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno about anybody here, but I had an opportunity to pilot my buddies C8. All I can say is it's an incredible machine. Kudos to General Motors.
z20210704_223142_HDR.jpg

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Almost.. here's XP-836 beside a 64 Mustang. The Camaro was in development right before the Mustang was introduced.
HMN0320-SS1-05.jpg
In development because Chevy found out the Mustang was coming. Chevrolet has documents out that told their dealers how to market the Corvair against the Mustang. GM was caught off guard

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
I've driven several gt350's, no R's though so I would say I'm very informed. While the voodoo is a fun engine, I personally would never own one. I know of too many friends that have had horror stories while owning them. You'll notice that most gt350 / gt350r don't tend to hold onto them past warranty. There is a reason for that.

Selling over MSRP isn't proof of anything besides the fact that people want the shiny new toy. Much like the shiny new toy, once the luster wears off, they are onto the next one.

No need to insult just because I don't agree with you, you like the gt350, that's your opinion. I think it's an unreliable mess that is fun when it happens to work and not chug quarts of oil, to each their own.
Really? You've had a group of friends that have all owned gt350's that ended up with horror stories? Sometimes you can just tell when a guy is full of shit right there in his first paragraph. Even if your bullshit story were true, it would say more about you and your friends than it would say about the car.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Dunno about anybody here, but I had an opportunity to pilot my buddies C8. All I can say is it's an incredible machine. Kudos to General Motors.
z20210704_223142_HDR.jpg
Of course you'd think the C8 was incredible. Not like you were comparing 'like' cars.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Personally, i think Chevy missed the mark. Nothing about the new C8 screams Corvette. It says more Acura to me. It was a fun car to see on the road up until the 15th or 16th time. Now i'm over it.
Sponsored