Reaction score
Website
www.blueearlbrewing.com
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium California Special
Vehicle Showcase
The z06 is awesome but something is odd to me. For as quick as it is, why doesn't the c8(non z06 variants) clock better lap times?
Seems like they do pretty good, at least the Z51 mag ride variants. But, it's not really a track beast but more of a GT car.
Sponsored

2021 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mustang Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I am posting this here as it is the only other American flat plane crank. It does have pretty impressive numbers.

0-60 in 2.6 seconds
six-piston Brembos (Z07 package gets carbon-ceramic brakes)
8600 redline
670 HP

Looks are subjective. The manual vs DCT is also a matter of opinion (I do prefer to row my own gears). Anyone upgrading to this? Or parking alongside their GT350(R)?

I couldn't handle it, too much car for me. Very nice though.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
I love it, It is what the Fiero would have been if Gm Did not have a pecking order.
It also has REAL buttons for controls, not a touch screen only .
The base car with z51 was 68k red metallic added 999.99 and the top stereo added another 2k.
Does 2.9 0-60 and is the base car, the z51 just makes it turn as good as it goes. The z06 is just for bragg'n rights the base car limits are higher than most drivers that will ever sit in one.
oh, and is about 200k less than most other mid engine cars.
The z06 will run circles around them.
Sadly Ford pulled the plug on the gt racing program the same year the c8 came to be. Read into that what you want.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I couldn't handle it, too much car for me. Very nice though.
It's probably too much car for me as well, but I would be willing to try to grow into it (if there was a manual transmission available).

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's probably too much car for me as well, but I would be willing to try to grow into it (if there was a manual transmission available).
I get it, row your own, but you're not ronnie sox, and the auto will be faster. Todays manuals would not last a day without the torque management killing power at shifts.
And a 50k transmission/diff is out of the question.

Sponsored

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I get it, row your own, but you're not ronnie sox, and the auto will be faster. Todays manuals would not last a day without the torque management killing power at shifts.
And a 50k transmission/diff is out of the question.
I'm not paid to race, so absolute speed has no relevance for me. The gears in the DCT are very similar to those that would be in a manual transmission and a DCT is significantly more complicated. I understand the take rate for manual transmission Corvettes has been low. Most people buy Corvettes for C&C. That's also why it's such a fat pig for a 2 seat all aluminum vehicle.

I'm still hopeful that in a few years GM will build a manual version. I don't buy the "we weren't bright enough to figure out how to put a manual in there" official line about the manual.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not paid to race, so absolute speed has no relevance for me. The gears in the DCT are very similar to those that would be in a manual transmission and a DCT is significantly more complicated. I understand the take rate for manual transmission Corvettes has been low. Most people buy Corvettes for C&C. That's also why it's such a fat pig for a 2 seat all aluminum vehicle.

I'm still hopeful that in a few years GM will build a manual version. I don't buy the "we weren't bright enough to figure out how to put a manual in there" official line about the manual.
It is big, because the designers were told it had to hold 2 sets of golf clubs. FACT.
Manuals are DOA.
Even race cars have moved away from them.
All the nannie controls that are needed to keep the meathead that thinks he is Mario need to know what the drivetrain is doing, and they can't when the driver aka meat head can pick the gear and rpm to drop the clutch. in a turn and put it in a ditch or tree. Sadly they have to protect the stupid That become ham fisted meat heads behind the wheel.

OnThree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
A wise man once said... you have got to be be quite an ass-clown to deserve the title of "Twat-Waffle"... but I dare say that our friend "OnThree" has earned that coveted title.... congratulations my friend, your arrogance has earned the accolade... you are worthy of Twat-Waffle .

*COPYRIGHT DISCLAIMER
The ingenious phrase of "Twat Waffle©" is the sole proprietary ownership of nastang87xx and shall not be used without recognition to the original legal owner of the phrase.
Thanks so much :)

Always a great time stirring up the fanboys, other companies make great cars too, groundbreaking I know

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
That is a vanishingly small number of people they wouldn't spend any engineering time on that. Especially since they already did for the camaro. They have the lockout that prevents selecting anything lower than 4th gear. It's ecu controlled so trivial to implement.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
All the nannie controls that are needed to keep the meathead that thinks he is Mario need to know what the drivetrain is doing, and they can't when the driver aka meat head can pick the gear and rpm to drop the clutch. in a turn and put it in a ditch or tree. Sadly they have to protect the stupid That become ham fisted meat heads behind the wheel.
But its stupid for tech to eliminate natural selection. Should be the opposite. When tech senses a meat head heading for tree or ditch, don't act to prevent it, do things like release the seatbelt. It goes without saying there would be no airbags.

Sponsored

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
But its stupid for tech to eliminate natural selection. Should be the opposite. When tech senses a meat head heading for tree or ditch, don't act to prevent it, do things like release the seatbelt. It goes without saying there would be no airbags.
Ya, but court time and lawyers cost money.
So does paying a settlement to lower the cost and get past it.
So we have what we have.
Hp is too easy to buy today and leaving cars and coffee video's prove it isn't limited to any one make or model.
I personally think, You should have to take and pass a performance driving course before you can leave a dealer with anything with an honest 300hp and up.
Too many knuckle heads making life hard for the whole hobby/group.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
It is big, because the designers were told it had to hold 2 sets of golf clubs. FACT.
Manuals are DOA.
Even race cars have moved away from them.
I equate the high importance of fitting golf clubs with C&C and other non-track-related usage, so I think we agree on that point. Point is, keeping the weight down was obviously not a high priority.

Race cars are built to sanctioning body specs. I want a car built for my enjoyment. Those two aren't the same. Yes I agree a manual is more difficult to drive. That's part of why I like them.

Airbags should be optional.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
There just needs to be a slight delay
I wouldn't sanction deliberately harming people, but I do prefer freedom. I realize you're joking, but I don't think it's funny.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I equate the high importance of fitting golf clubs with C&C and other non-track-related usage, so I think we agree on that point. Point is, keeping the weight down was obviously not a high priority.

Race cars are built to sanctioning body specs. I want a car built for my enjoyment. Those two aren't the same. Yes I agree a manual is more difficult to drive. That's part of why I like them.
Time will tell, when the ring lap time comes out.
You think it'll be as slow as the Halo shelby r?
It be nice if you could check off a box, to remove all that safety b/s that adds weight. but not going to happen.
Manuals are not harder to drive. But they are not worth the cost to engineer and emission test/cert. into a car for the tiny pool of buyers. I love Row your own. but I understand why they are going away.
Sponsored