Sponsored

This is why a dashcam is a good idea . . .

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
did you kick his ass
id had atleast chased him down guys a real asshole
That would really ruin your day getting thrown in jail.

Yeah the other person made a mistake. Not a good reason to commit assault and battery. If you've never made a mistake, congrats. You're probably the only person on earth. Still, try to understand that normal people make mistakes all the time. That was a big one, but still.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Wasn't it his right of way, you are both still on the parking lot which means people from the right have right of way ?

Hard to judge what is and isn't parking lot, without having been there.

But he did kinda come out quickly by the looks didn't see you behind the parked cars.
Not his right of way. He was coming down the aisle and I was already on the main straight away.

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
Almost 10 years ago I was involved in a face to face hit in a parking lot just like your video. It was almost identical to your video. Insurance said it was also my fault since there's no stop sign physically placed in a parking lot. I was going straight.

OP
OP

Bradrulz

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium Comp Orange
Almost 10 years ago I was involved in a face to face hit in a parking lot just like your video. It was almost identical to your video. Insurance said it was also my fault since there's no stop sign physically placed in a parking lot. I was going straight.
That's insane they would say it was also your fault when the have standard traffic laws on who has right of way and who doesn't. Parking lots rarely have stop signs.

Sponsored

Sammzway

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT (traded) / 16 Acura MDX
That's insane they would say it was also your fault when the have standard traffic laws on who has right of way and who doesn't. Parking lots rarely have stop signs.

I fought really hard to win it especially since it was not my fault, reality is parking lots purposely leave all traffic signs out for whatever reason, I've seen lots with yield and stop signs but my lawyer at the time said they want to blame drivers and let them battle it out. Sucks dude but I'm always super careful in lots ever since.

Double

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Ruby Red A10
Vehicle Showcase
Not his right of way. He was coming down the aisle and I was already on the main straight away.
Interesting did some reading:
"Drivers in parking lots tend to get a bit confused as to who has the right-of-way when traversing the lines of parking spots. A basic rule to follow is to consider what type of lane you are in. Parking lots have two basic types of lanes: thoroughfares and feeder lanes.

A thoroughfare is a lane that exits to a street. These tend to be wider and are the main arteries of the parking lot. Feeder lanes on the other hand are smaller lanes that end and begin at the thoroughfares. Those who are driving in a thoroughfare have the right-of-way over those coming out of feeder lanes. That means that you must stop and allow traffic in the thoroughfare to proceed before moving out of a feeder lane."

So the the other guy was definitely at fault.

But that's US law. Over here the guy coming from the right would have right of way. But then again we basically do not have these kinds of parking lots or many stop signs so we are used to people from the right have right of way.

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Really curious to see the other few seconds as well.

I also have the Thinkware F750 and couldn't be any happier with it. I initially got it after seeing the "Close calls (dash cam)" thread just for proof if something like this happens, but I can't even tell you how many times I've taken the memory card out of the camera to upload to YouTube. Whether it be spirited driving, close calls, accidents, compliments on the car, etc.

Well worth the price if you ask me. There's a lot of interesting things that go on when you're driving (especially in this car), and it's fun to be able to share them with everyone else.

Sponsored

Lord Thunder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Erwin
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT Mustang
Wasn't it his right of way, you are both still on the parking lot which means people from the right have right of way ?

Hard to judge what is and isn't parking lot, without having been there.

But he did kinda come out quickly by the looks didn't see you behind the parked cars.
Traffic rules are not the same everywhere. Traffic from the right having 'right of way' is one of the rules that we have, but they don't have in the US.

Asharus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Angelo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Challenger Scat Pack
so where's the rest of the video?

bmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP, 2014 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Finally ordered a G1W after reading this thread!

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
Was no impact but about as close as you can get without impact. Cam rolled over to next recording session at the worst possible time. Still glad I was able to share the importance and use of the dash cam. Had their been impact I would have had the video to prove this guy not even slowing down.

Man, get yourself Adobe Premiere Elements. Ya drop the clips in, it merges them... and you get lots of good audio, too :)
Sponsored