Sponsored

So.. is this a crazy idea?

AR306

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black Ecoboost Base Auto w/ 19's
Anytime some one ask me for financial advice I always tend to say something sensible.. but the truth is, I don't follow my own advice.

While everyone here makes excellent points and it would be prudent to build for your future, I personally have known too many people who have died unexpectedly.. everything from car accidents, heart attacks, strokes even murdered..

That being said, if getting this car means you will have to worry about having a roof over your head or food to eat then for fucks sake don't do it Lol.. but if you can maintain your standard of living and are just worried about making a big purchase, just be sure this is what you really want, if it is, go for it.

That is to say, if you like cars more than anything else, get it.. if you like traveling more than you like cars then travel, if you like skiing more than drivng then go skiing, if you like partying more than cars then go party.. if cars are not your #1 passion, if you don't watch car videos on youtube every day, if you don't ogle at cool cars you see on the street, if you don't like any type of motorsport, then don't do it Lol.

just my 2 cents.
Sponsored

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
If I trade up to a GT I will "literally" be giving up on grocery money and more gas money. It will also be harder to pay rent. My monthly payments will rise like a mf'er.

Who gives a s*** though....v8 mustang or no mustang at all.

PrimetimeKenny_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt- Mt82
Yeah I can definitely look at used examples. I'm just worried about abuse but I suppose thats a risk you run buying used.
I am with Farmers insurance, and I purchased my 2016 GT new when I was 22. To my surprise, my six month premium is at 476.00, which breaks down to roughly 79.00 a month. Insurance companies will factor in how frequently a car model is reported or claimed. My agent assured me that there would be no difference in price between the Eboost, V6, and GT, but this could just be based on Farmers.

I didn't read ahead in the thread, but why did you get out of the Ecoboost? I average 23.7 MPG, but it's cliche to say, but you can't measure smiles per WOT. I have a 90 mile round trip daily commute as well.

buymycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT base. Roush axleback and frpp xpipe.
If you are worried about spending a few hundred dollars a month in extra expenses it means you probably shouldn't.

Easiest way to see if you can afford it is to save that $400 a month for at least 6 months. If you can't or it stretches you too thin then don't trade. If you can do it easily without killing your lifestyle then get it.

Following that plan will put you in a realistic scenario and let you know if you have the extra money. Living on ramen for one month is easy, try doing it for 5 years.

Dspec_S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang Ecoboost
don't look at the numbers just close your eyes and do it
I did the same thing when I bought my wife her new truck. I just closed my eyes and pulled the trigger on a nearly 60% higher payment on her truck than my EBM.

It only hurts a little bit, like pulling off a bandaid. ;)

:ford:
Sponsored