Sponsored

Is this a good buy?

Iggady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t Have Mustang Yet
I’ve been looking at this car and was wondering if it’s a good buy: https://www.cargurus.com/Cars/l-Used-2016-Ford-Mustang-V6-t58599#listing=186568803

I have a few questions too

1. Is the V6 the “base” model or is it a step above the Ecoboost?
2. Does it have smart key entry..such as grabbing door handle to unlock?
3. Are HID headlights adaptive?
4. Does V6 have remote start?
5. Does it project the pony on the ground at night?

Those are the only one I can think of now. If I can think of some others I’ll be back to ask.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
V6 is the base engine for 2017. That looks like a base-base v6 (cloth, base radio).

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It is the 051a package which includes the 18in wheels and fog lights. Which was only available for '15 and '16 fastback/convertible models. While '17 only had it for the convertible.
All models have smart entry.
Pretty sure the headlights are not adaptive.
It is the auto so it has remote start.
Pony projection is not included on any v6 trims.

OP
OP

Iggady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t Have Mustang Yet
It is the 051a package which includes the 18in wheels and fog lights. Which was only available for '15 and '16 fastback/convertible models. While '17 only had it for the convertible.
Thanks for your help!

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
It says one owner but that owner was probably Hertz Rent a Car. Pretty upfront about it - its rent a car status. Buyer beware!

Sponsored

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
:headbang:

It says one owner but that owner was probably Hertz Rent a Car. Pretty upfront about it - its rent a car status. Buyer beware!
I agree. I saw a guy doing burnouts with a V6 rental Mustang in the parking lot of the resort we were staying at in Florida. You can never know how a rental car has been treated. But, I'll bet most have been beat on many times.

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Rentals run the gamut, could be good deal, but could be a headache. The good part of rentals is that the interior is likely in better shape than a single owner, as the wear gets spread out. But dang, I've seen some really abused rentals. Very likely it is only on its second or third oil change. Get it on a lift to see if the bottom took some hits.

I'll bet the rental company only paid 19 and change for it new.

OP
OP

Iggady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t Have Mustang Yet
I Have 2 questions for you guys also.

1. Does it have the LED turn signals in the Mirrors?
2. Does it have the Turn signal in the hood or is that only for GT models?

OP
OP

Iggady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t Have Mustang Yet
I refuse to ever buy an ex rental car. So I’ll be on the lookout to make sure the car that I do get wasn’t a rental car....

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I Have 2 questions for you guys also.

1. Does it have the LED turn signals in the Mirrors?
2. Does it have the Turn signal in the hood or is that only for GT models?
The GT for 2016 is the ONLY car to get turn signals in the hood. Useless, but neat. The best thing about them is to easily see when you car locks during daylight.

The lights in the mirror are in the premium trim I think?

Sponsored

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I refuse to ever buy an ex rental car. So I’ll be on the lookout to make sure the car that I do get wasn’t a rental car....

Rental may not be bad, just a very thorough check is mandatory, and priced accordingly.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I'll bet the rental company only paid 19 and change for it new.

Close and don’t ask me how I know. No test drives and the cars are still in the wrap. I got lucky and the car I wanted was on the lot (most are off site but still in the area).Opened the door for a quick look and back to the office to pay for it. The rest was quick with the exception that they ask for the company name instead of your name. No options or even rubber floor mats. I had them throw those in to seal the deal and they couriered it for pick up a few days later.

The depreciation on these is not so bad. :thumbsup:

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Rental may not be bad, just a very thorough check is mandatory, and priced accordingly.
I've traveled enough for business to see how some people treat rental cars. You know what the fastest car in the world is? Rental car. You know what cars have highest performance off-road suspension? Rental car.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
I've traveled enough for business to see how some people treat rental cars. You know what the fastest car in the world is? Rental car. You know what cars have highest performance off-road suspension? Rental car.

I was watching some autocross back in the 80s and this one guy was just ripping the shit out of this Alfa Romeo. Flames actually coming out of the tail pipe. One of the guys noted how hard he was driving. Another guy told us it was his boss’s car. That is what I remembered when I read that. :lol:

OP
OP

Iggady

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t Have Mustang Yet
I was watching some autocross back in the 80s and this one guy was just ripping the shit out of this Alfa Romeo. Flames actually coming out of the tail pipe. One of the guys noted how hard he was driving. Another guy told us it was his boss’s car. That is what I remembered when I read that. :lol:

I’ve seen some people do really harsh things to Rentals. Which is why I won’t buy one, just like I wouldn’t buy a car that has more than 1 owner, just like I wouldn’t buy a car from myself since my cars get beat on daily.
Sponsored