Sponsored

Trading in my 16 Ecoboost for a 17 GT PP, is this a good idea?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Most people that don't own a full on race car that require an NHRA license to drive at the drag strip don't get it.:shrug:
Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

It varies by financial situation... sounds like you're one trade away from being upside down on your butt. Sorry you can't handle your own like the rest of us and put down a reasonable down payment. There is no wisdom in car buying, but to drop thousands of dollars on upgrades to even try to be in the same league as a GT is a fools dream. You're a fine example, and i hope your Ecoboost takes a shit on you LOL. Now, regarding insurance, luckily I'm paying for my share under my family's coverage so I'm able to get a much lower premium.
Oh you know me so well. I have nothing to prove to you. And your comments haven't made sense since you originally posted about my first comment.

Bottom line, like yomomma said, the Eco costs less than a GT. You have a loan on an Eco. You trade up to a GT. Since the GT costs more, your loan is more. If you don't understand that it isn't financially wise to owe more money on a loan, I can't help you. You may be ignorant to the fact that there definitely is wisdom to car buying. But that's okay, there's plenty of time to learn. If you don't believe there's wisdom to car buying, you must also believe that everyone pays the same exact price for their car.

Second part. It's still cheaper to buy an Eco and mod it to surpass stock GT levels than buying a GT. The Eco motor is plenty reliable. So wishing bad on people by saying you hope my car takes a dump is just in bad taste.

Finally, I bought my Eco myself, I have my own insurance, I have a great credit score because I'm responsible. To make a blanket statement that someone you don't even know is going underwater proves your Internet toughness. Congrats man.

Are we done here or do you have anything else to talk about?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
giphy.gif

A7X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium Black Silver Stripes
Yikes EB and GT are both great cars - to each their own.

FlyinHawaiian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Ruby Red
[MENTION=28999]yomamma219[/MENTION] Poor grasp of financials? Dude I'm a tax analyst at a Fortune 500 company haha.. you don't need to whip out your macroeconomic genius on me, it's common sense that cars are money pits. Widen up your perspective a little! I'm just saying that that GT has given me much more enjoyment for the price than the Ecoboost did. [MENTION=27452]Ebm[/MENTION] im not entertaining further conversation with your pompous head, good job you pay for your own stuff, really congratulations!!!

Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Jesus Christ I feel like this thread has just become a giant pissing contest of who has the better job, car and financials. Do you all have no other outlets than to shit on your fellow enthusiasts?

bahasad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium, 14 BMW F30 Stage 1
what a funny thread. If you want to be financially smart, forget the ecoboost, forget the V8, get a 5k honda civic plain and simple and nothing else. If you're going to spend money, spend it and do it right. Don't half ass a purchase and live with regrets. The mustang deserves a V8.

If you are asking this question, you already know the answer.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Jesus Christ I feel like this thread has just become a giant pissing contest of who has the better job, car and financials. Do you all have no other outlets than to shit on your fellow enthusiasts?
This all started when Mr. King's Hawaiian Rolls decided to talk shit to me. So, there ya go.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
This all started when Mr. King's Hawaiian Rolls decided to talk shit to me. So, there ya go.
Oh because two wrongs make a right? And just for the record all he said was stop being salty. You are the one who asked if he was stupid which would obviously escalate things. Keep being perfect my friend

Sponsored

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Hello all,

I'm currently thinking about trading my automatic 2016 Ecoboost in for a 2017 GT with the performance pack. This car would also be my first manual. Is this a good idea? I just got into cars a couple years ago and I want to finally feel the power of a V8 and get a true driving experience of a manual. Half of me is a bit nervous and worried, but the other half of me is excited and feels like I'm about to have the time of my life. I've had a few manual driving lessons in my friend's civic and I test drove a 2016 GT w/o the performance pack in a parking lot, but only went up to 2nd gear and a few mini hills. I wanted to get everyone thoughts on whether it's a good idea to have a GT as a first manual.

Thanks!
I've driven a manual my entire life (since maybe 7 or so on the farm). If that is what you want, I say go for it... it won't take you long to get the feel of driving the car. I've taught more than my share of people to drive manual cars and trust me, they adjust real quick. Not a huge deal. You will enjoy the V8 and manual...

I'm not sure why this thread went off into your financials.. I'm going to assume you ran the numbers and they look good.

I say go for the GT. Now, I might wait for the 2018... but you might be able to get a great deal on a 2017...

Life is not all about money anyway... if it where I'd have (along with the other financial gurus on here) a basic Ford Fiesta or Focus... they are cheaper to own than the mustang.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

Oh because two wrongs make a right? And just for the record all he said was stop being salty. You are the one who asked if he was stupid which would obviously escalate things. Keep being perfect my friend
Typical GT owners.... A$$holes... Used to the abuse by now.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Typical GT owners.... A$$holes... Used to the abuse by now.
Hahaha as if I give a rats ass what you drive. All that I'm really concerned about is that people here can at least try and treat each other decently and stay on the topic of mustangs.

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
You want a good financial decision...buy a nissan sentra.for >16k...

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
You can't put a price on happiness and while prematurely trading in a car for another is a poor financial decision being happy is more important than saving a few bucks. A used GT will have a higher finance rate than new, but it may still be a lower monthly payment and lower insurance, personal property tax if applicable. The OP needs to figure out for himself what he really wants and what he can and can't afford. Either way he is still a Mustang brother.
Sponsored